Outgoing? Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No Wilder decided to stick with a flat 3 and thought we would be too open with a CAM. It makes signing Luke a pointless idea from day 1.

Or at very best a very expensive Plan B option, not that he gave Freeman much of a chance when he did revert to playing a CAM/#10.

I doubt Freeman would have agreed to join if he'd known he was going to be a bit-part player and only used when Utd were chasing games.

Or at very best a very expensive Plan B option, not that he gave Freeman much of a chance when he did revert to playing a CAM/#10.

I doubt Freeman would have agreed to join if he'd known he was going to be a bit-part player and only used when Utd were chasing games.

True but Wilder seem adamant that a flat 3 was a way to go. He played Freeman in Fleck's role against Bournemouth on the opening day didn't he?

If Freeman truly wanted to play, wouldn't a mutual termination be best for all? Or does he not want to give up the juicy wages he's on with us?

True but Wilder seem adamant that a flat 3 was a way to go. He played Freeman in Fleck's role against Bournemouth on the opening day didn't he?
If Wilder is to be believed the original plan was to play two 10’s in the prem but the performances of Lundstram in preseason and in training changed the plan completely and the system was reworked to play a flat 3. Mental if you think about it that 2 months performance from one player who had previously shown little dictated the futures of Luke Freeman, Callum Robinson and the incredibly well established Mark Duffy and made an outlay of around 15 million pounds in player fees completely redundant almost immediately after it was spent.

Now that formation change was inspired and worked very well but from a business point of view there were questions to be asked.

If Wilder is to be believed the original plan was to play two 10’s in the prem but the performances of Lundstram in preseason and in training changed the plan completely and the system was reworked to play a flat 3. Mental if you think about it that 2 months performance from one player who had previously shown little dictated the futures of Luke Freeman, Callum Robinson and the incredibly well established Mark Duffy and made an outlay of around 15 million pounds in player fees completely redundant almost immediately after it was spent.

Now that formation change was inspired and worked very well but from a business point of view there were questions to be asked.

It worked for the first season but it showed that Wilder's other idea may have helped us having a plan B that was more attacking.

It worked for the first season but it showed that Wilder's other idea may have helped us having a plan B that was more attacking.
I agree we were crying out for a midfielder in that second prem summer even if it wasn’t a number 10 it needed to be a creative centremid

I agree we were crying out for a midfielder in that second prem summer even if it wasn’t a number 10 it needed to be a creative centremid

Something you would think Wilder would spot but it was clear he was blinded by what had worked to survive the first season.

I am not still not sure what on earth his plan was for the second season. He just seemed to assume the club wouldn't be hampered financially by COVID.

Something you would think Wilder would spot but it was clear he was blinded by what had worked to survive the first season.

I am not still not sure what on earth his plan was for the second season. He just seemed to assume the club wouldn't be hampered financially by COVID.
we went fully into future planning mode we brought in a long term successor for sharp and player to do the last 20 minutes for mousset.

Ramsdale for Henderson made sense to me and whilst he’s not the same player he’s a good young prem keeper so that’s fine. Bogle made a lot of sense as well.

I think wilder was blinded by love or loyalty whatever you want to call it for the players who had taken the club to the heights we reached and probably wasn’t capable of objective evaluation of those players.

I wonder if him being a fan hurt him in that respect we were all prepped to anoint them as legends and I wonder if he had some rose tinted specs on as well for what they had done for him and his blades.

I know this questions gets asked most if not all transfer windows but if we agree to a mutual termination now could he still join another club or does he have to wait till the summer?

we went fully into future planning mode we brought in a long term successor for sharp and player to do the last 20 minutes for mousset.

Ramsdale for Henderson made sense to me and whilst he’s not the same player he’s a good young prem keeper so that’s fine. Bogle made a lot of sense as well.

I think wilder was blinded by love or loyalty whatever you want to call it for the players who had taken the club to the heights we reached and probably wasn’t capable of objective evaluation of those players.

I wonder if him being a fan hurt him in that respect we were all prepped to anoint them as legends and I wonder if he had some rose tinted specs on as well for what they had done for him and his blades.

Yeah but he didn't address issues like JOC being injured and he made the squad more top heavy.

Replacing Hendo he had to do but we still had 3 keepers as well.

I know this questions gets asked most if not all transfer windows but if we agree to a mutual termination now could he still join another club or does he have to wait till the summer?

He has to wait til the summer I think. You have to do it before deadline day unless that applies to the summer window?

Freeman really shone at the Lane for Stevenage 10 years ago. The version who played for us was much heavier :fattwat: yet he hasn't had his discipline questioned on here like the Moose.

He has to wait til the summer I think. You have to do it before deadline day unless that applies to the summer window?
Thanks, just seen your tweet that he's going to be at the match tonight so presumably the deal is still very much on. Hope he does go, no point him being here not even getting on the bench. Really disappointed it's not worked out as he was in top form for QPR when he came to us.

You are correct, I assume its to stop someone leaving there club mid March and turning up at another club for the last few games

Luke Freeman will be at Millwall's game against Preston North End tonight. The clubs are still waiting for the EFL to ratify the deal. All paperwork was submitted on time. [@RichCawleySLP]

#twitterblades #sufc https://t.co/o8le7kIfKM

Lol - sorry Bladesman just noticed is your tweet

Yeah but he didn't address issues like JOC being injured and he made the squad more top heavy.

Replacing Hendo he had to do but we still had 3 keepers as well.
Yeah I agree but I think we were convinced JOC was coming back certainly Wilder must’ve he played him didn’t he ?

We’ll never find out but I wonder how much we’ve paid out in wage subsidies and terminations for shit players this season just to get them out of the club? If we were paying Freeman and Burke a good whack there’s no way Millwall are covering 100%.

We’ll never find out but I wonder how much we’ve paid out in wage subsidies and terminations for shit players this season just to get them out of the club? If we were paying Freeman and Burke a good whack there’s no way Millwall are covering 100%.
Agree with everything you said, if they are paying a % then it's good business plus we heard of a couple of players distributing the dressing room life is good for us Blade's.

Agree with everything you said, if they are paying a % then it's good business plus we heard of a couple of players distributing the dressing room life is good for us Blade's.
Good business isn’t paying for players who don’t play for us. That’s Guedioura paid off and probably a chunk for Burke and Freeman, Mousset I’m a bit more hopeful that his loan club will cover most of his costs but you never know.

Davies we’re paying wages to and he’s hardly been available during his loan spell. Olsen was the same before we got shut.

It’s all a bit of a shambles.

There’s the argument that it’s better to have them all out of the club whatever the % as it’s better than paying 100% and having them at home getting fatter or in the changing room upsetting the apple cart.

At least Hecky seems to be following his remit of cutting the wage bill and there are more to follow in the summer. If we lowball Basham and Sharp at the end of their deals though it’s criminal.

I will never get my head around the Slav appointment, it shows gross incompetence at board level.

Pointless signing who couldn't be bothered to put the effort in to prove that he should be a top drawer Championship player.

I was out by a division in 2014 but the sentiment remains.

The wording of the article suggests that Stevenage took up the option in Freeman's contract rather than Freeman agreeing to an extension. If he's there in August I'd be amazed but that said, I don't want him at the Lane. He's not good enough for a top ten League One side; he looked fat and disinterested at the Lane. He had one good game against us in 2011 yet seems to have gained cult status amongst Blades fans...strange.

Back
Top Bottom