Outgoing? Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We've had Busby Babes and Fergie's Fledgelings. How about Wilder's Wasters?

Freeman another bought with a limited plan. Yes, we played a flat 3 and it worked. But that's not to say when Lundstram decided he was too good for us that he shouldn't have remained and played the role he was intended rather than be inexplicably sent to Forest, making us short in midfield.
It was very clear, very quickly that Freeman wasn’t good enough for us at that time just a pity we couldn’t get money from Forest for him

Millwall are after him now!

Room share with Burke.

Cmon Millwall take him. Please.

If Bournemouth are interested then can we tell them that he's worth £10mil like they did to us?

Was there a genuine chance and its fallen through, or just made up bollox?

Shame, he's not gone as we are just paying dead money out to him now until the end of June. Probably gunna coat us around £400k plus in wages til we can get rid of him.

Apparently paperwork was successfully submitted before deadline by Millwall so should be announced tomorrow sometime.

Surely in such circumstances this is where the league has to have leeway to apply some common sense.

He won't play here. He will play there.

Interest for all parties. Only an absolute jobsworth would not ratify.

Sure it was a game of brinksmanship re the percentage of his wage that they wanted to pay

It was very clear, very quickly that Freeman wasn’t good enough for us at that time just a pity we couldn’t get money from Forest for him
It's not a case I'm going to argue strongly against!

But we bought him to play the no 10 role in a 3-4-1-2.

In 11 appearances in the Prem season where he wasn't on loan, he played there just once, away at Millwall in the FA Cup.

Not a great sample size to really say he would fit the role or not. I'd have liked to have seen him play in that role last season after Lundstram had made his intentions clear.

But to be fair he was also injured at inopportune moments too. For instance when Fleck was out at the restart, so was he.

It's not a case I'm going to argue strongly against!

But we bought him to play the no 10 role in a 3-4-1-2.

In 11 appearances in the Prem season where he wasn't on loan, he played there just once, away at Millwall in the FA Cup.

Not a great sample size to really say he would fit the role or not. I'd have liked to have seen him play in that role last season after Lundstram had made his intentions clear.

But to be fair he was also injured at inopportune moments too. For instance when Fleck was out at the restart, so was he.
I think we realised quickly that we weren’t going to be able to play that role and if we did, didsy could fill it better than Freeman.

Everytime I saw Freeman play he seemed to always look busy. Tried too many stepovers and just didn’t do enough.

Been a disappointment really. Not blaming the player fully for that at all.

He was a player that I thought was one of the better attacking midfield types in the Champ before we bought him. He should have been in his peak years.

He may well come again for someone else but it feels a shame that for one reason or another, he's not played or performed during what could have been his best years.

At least he'll have been financially regarded for it.

He just never really looked fit to me. He also couldn't play as a Fleck replacement, where we kept playing him.

You never know, Is MGW doesn't get fit he may have a part to play yet in the AMC position for us.

He just never really looked fit to me. He also couldn't play as a Fleck replacement, where we kept playing him.

You never know, Is MGW doesn't get fit he may have a part to play yet in the AMC position for us.
Hopefully, if the paperwork was not held up he has signed for Millwall

Can't see him leaving now. It would have been announced by this hour surely.

Ricky Holmes & Luke Freeman. There's a lesson in there for cultured southern midfielders in the prime of their careers....

Don't join Sheff Utd.
They should've spoke to Leon Britton. Or Brian Howard.

Quite clearly Wilder thought he could do a Duffy but it was obvious very quickly he couldn't.....and there endeth Luke Freemans Sheffield United career...

Quite clearly Wilder thought he could do a Duffy but it was obvious very quickly he couldn't.....and there endeth Luke Freemans Sheffield United career...

No Wilder decided to stick with a flat 3 and thought we would be too open with a CAM. It makes signing Luke a pointless idea from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom