CONFIRMED Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why “replacement”? I hope we aren’t planning to replace Duffy. Not yet. He’ll look an even better player in the Prem as he’ll have more time to settle on the ball.

Because Duffy could hardly start and finish the same game last season. Duffy is good (with limitations) but he's getting on a bit. And in the PL he'll hardy get time to get the ball at his feet look up and crack a swift fart before the opposition will be having the ball off him.

pommpey

In the middle, in the middle, Lukey Freeman
In the middle, in the middle, I say
In the middle, in the middle, Lukey Freeman
Lukey Freeman has a good left foot

Or something like that.

Look At Me by Geri Halliwell is ripe for a terrace rework 😂

Luuuuuuke Freeman,
You can take the ball and score a goal for me,
Maybe curl it in from just outside the D

Etc etc

Because Duffy could hardly start and finish the same game last season. Duffy is good (with limitations) but he's getting on a bit. And in the PL he'll hardy get time to get the ball at his feet look up and crack a swift fart before the opposition will be having the ball off him.

pommpey

Whilst I would normally agree with you based on later performances in the Championship, I suspect the patented Duffy turn into trouble, reverse and then fall over will find favour as a vicious foul in the PL.

Why “replacement”? I hope we aren’t planning to replace Duffy. Not yet. He’ll look an even better player in the Prem as he’ll have more time to settle on the ball.
the prem is bigger stronger faster less time to settle

the prem is bigger stronger faster less time to settle

Whilst individual PL players are generally stronger and faster, I would argue that the game is played more slowly than in the lower leagues. A few teams press heavily but far more sit back and allow time on the ball.

Whilst individual PL players are generally stronger and faster, I would argue that the game is played more slowly than in the lower leagues. A few teams press heavily but far more sit back and allow time on the ball.
That’s because most PL players control the ball with their first touch so the opponent knows not to rush in as he’ll get done. If a player doesn’t take a good first touch he’ll be under pressure immediately.

That’s because most PL players control the ball with their first touch so the opponent knows not to rush in as he’ll get done. If a player doesn’t take a good first touch he’ll be under pressure immediately.

Fair enough but I still think that makes the average game slower. Thankfully I don't see too many of our players struggling with their first touch. Duffy and Didsy in particular have some of the best touch and close control that I have seen. Add Freeman, Fleck and Norwood into that mix too.

Fair enough but I still think the game is slower. Thankfully I don't see too many of our players struggling with their first touch. Duffy and Didsy in particular have some of the best touch and close control that I have seen. Add Freeman, Fleck and Norwood into that mix too.
I’m not sure about slower but I’d agree with ‘less frenetic’.

Yes that’s my take on it as well. I think there’s a bit less blood and thunder in the Prem, less “up and at ‘em”. More stroking it about. The passing is of a higher standard. And when a mistake is made it’s punished more effectively. The technical ability is better. But I think players like Duffy will not be hassled off the ball as quickly and he’ll have more time to play his game. And he can be devastating in that situation. So I think he’ll do very well in the Prem.

That’s not to take anything away from Freeman who I think is a very good player and will be a bit more direct on goal than Duffy. He’ll create a lot of chances for others and he’s not afraid to have a pop from distance. It’s a nice problem to have! I can see them being interchangeable depending on whether we need to slow the game down or speed it up.

guess we have got to get used to these people judging wilder despite not having a clue who he was 2 months ago. wilder more than earned our trust but i guess french correspondent for bt sport will learn it hard way.

Something not quite right about this account. He’s only got 400+ followers which considering he’s supposed to be a BT jouno is pathetic, and he just seems to post inflammatory stuff to get a reaction. Look at the response below to a musician, he sounds like Rimmer off Red Dwarf 😂 definitely a know nowt.

Yes that’s my take on it as well. I think there’s a bit less blood and thunder in the Prem, less “up and at ‘em”. More stroking it about. The passing is of a higher standard. And when a mistake is made it’s punished more effectively. The technical ability is better. But I think players like Duffy will not be hassled off the ball as quickly and he’ll have more time to play his game. And he can be devastating in that situation. So I think he’ll do very well in the Prem.

That’s not to take anything away from Freeman who I think is a very good player and will be a bit more direct on goal than Duffy. He’ll create a lot of chances for others and he’s not afraid to have a pop from distance. It’s a nice problem to have! I can see them being interchangeable depending on whether we need to slow the game down or speed it up.

Yep, I reckon Duff in particular is going to make a lot of neutrals notice him next season. The lad's touch is heavenly.
He will be rotated quite a bit though, but as you say we have nice options .

Watch the press. Football doesn't get easier the higher you go trust me

Freeman has similar stats to Grealish but everyone thinks he's about to get capped for England but Freeman is a bad signing.

In fact when Grealish was going to leave Villa, the Brum press thought Freeman was a great candidate to replace him.

Bit older so Grealish has more potential, but if you look at them purely as footballers, not their clubs, wages or release clauses, they're quite similar.

Freeman has similar stats to Grealish but everyone thinks he's about to get capped for England but Freeman is a bad signing.

In fact when Grealish was going to leave Villa, the Brum press thought Freeman was a great candidate to replace him.

Bit older so Grealish has more potential, but if you look at them purely as footballers, not their clubs, wages or release clauses, they're quite similar.

Our first choice was Grealish but we couldn’t afford the Brylcreem.

I cannot tell you how over the moon I am by this signing. A top end Champ performer for years now, for rumoured £4m in a summer where Targett is going for silly money, and McGinn is rumoured at £50m 😂

This lad is proven quality and the calibre of player we could've only dreamed of a few years ago. He's proof of how far we've come, whilst sticking to our humble style.

Oh, and give him the number 7 shirt.

Something not quite right about this account. He’s only got 400+ followers which considering he’s supposed to be a BT jouno is pathetic, and he just seems to post inflammatory stuff to get a reaction. Look at the response below to a musician, he sounds like Rimmer off Red Dwarf 😂 definitely a know nowt.

yeah I research abit more, & few that have had extended dealings keep naming this alex Billingham. which would make sense. he using the pre internet dating technique say pretend you've got a high ranking but obscure job

No sorry, he's got number 11 written all over him in our squad.

We'll save the number 7 for Robinson. Or Lundstram.

Lundstram has it already, unless they're going to confiscate his team gear.

8 is available.

Luke-Freeman-Sheffield-United.png

pte-walker.jpg

guess we have got to get used to these people judging wilder despite not having a clue who he was 2 months ago. wilder more than earned our trust but i guess french correspondent for bt sport will learn it hard way.

Dear Noel. Yes of course we are intent on getting relegated. So are Manchester United and Spurs, who have just splashed a load of cash on unknown (to you) youngsters from the championship.

I would have liked us to have got him when he was at Stevenage, he always seemed to be a pain in the arse to us. A good signing this one just the sort we need, if the worst happens we have a top Championship player next season. I think he will do well in the Premier League though.

Watch the press. Football doesn't get easier the higher you go trust me

I never said it was easier, just slower. It's also far more difficult to score and harder to stop the top teams scoring against you. The midfield however is less of a scrap and decent players get time.

Back
Top Bottom