Player Suggestion Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He did look class a couple of times I've seen him against us...but you could say that about a fair few players in L1!

Not sure mesen...probably pass on this one with higher priorities for the squad.

Personally, I think our priorities for this month is to get White back on loan, a striker and a central midfielder with a good engine

Why do they need Freeman when they have Pringle, who is probably better at this moment.

Anyone's guess as I rate Pringle.

Someone I speak to whom has watched Millers a number of times, said that whilst Pringle is a good footballer, he lacks pace. Perhaps Freeman offers some pace to the side?

It's not been confirmed that it is Rotherham have bid for him anyway. Twitter isn't the most reliable. However, Evans has admitted there's a bid in for Dicko

Notice how they are reportedly "bidding" for players whilst we are still talking loans. If it's true we have some money, it would be nice to sign one or two on permanent deals. This loan malarkey is not ideal imo

I think Baxter probably plays the same role & for the moment at least is looking the better option?

Bit overrated for me. I think Pringle is a better player as well, certainly more consistent.

Freeman is ok on his day, not the type we need imo. If Rotherham sign Freeman then let's give them a call and ask them how much they want for Pringle.

For me it's a no brainer. On passing ability it's abundantly clear that Pringle's is far more crisp

No direct link with us but Stevenage will listen for offers for Freeman in the JTW, has been linked with a few Championship Clubs but he is one I would love to see at BDTBL......Murphy out and Freeman in would be awesome business......go get him HRH.

With hindsight, it certainly would be. :rolleyes:

Got to say I'd have liked Murphy got rid of back then myself, never really bought into the Freeman hype though. Played well against us once, that's about it.

I can safely say now though that in keeping Murphy we got the best of it.

Always liked this kid... insane positional sense, great movement, vision and has the creativity to unlock stubborn defences at the Lane.

He is a more attacking midfielder, and maybe not a like-for-like replacement of Coutts, but would strengthen us.

Only signed for QPR a year ago. My big concern is that if Bristol didn't want him (they sold him quite cheap) is there a problem with him in some way? Always looks a bit overweight to me.

Not directed at anyone in particular but not too sure why people continue to suggest #10s - a position that is most likely low on the list to recruit to with Duffy, Brooks and Carruthers already at the club.

Surely central midfielders, strikers and possibly more and/or better cover for both wing backs would be higher priorities

One of the best natural number 10s in the division. But not what we need. Maybe one to keep tabs on long term.

Not directed at anyone in particular but not too sure why people continue to suggest #10s - a position that is most likely low on the list to recruit to with Duffy, Brooks and Carruthers already at the club.

Surely central midfielders, strikers and possibly more and/or better cover for both wing backs would be higher priorities

I do agree. We need more defensive mids

Apparently Luke Freeman has touched the ball more times that any other player in the division this season. Must be comfortable on the ball at least

Edit: I didn’t read the news article properly. He’s had more touches than the other ‘top 10 players’ in the division, according to a Sky report anyway. (None if the top 10 are United players)

Mirror:

Blades make move for Freeman

Sheffield United have made a move for QPR midfielder Luke Freeman, writes Mirror Football’s James Nursey.

Freeman, 26, has two years left on his contract at Championship Rangers.

But QPR may cash in on the former Gillingham, Arsenal, Stevenage and Bristol City player.

He made 45 appearances last term in the League scoring five goals and getting 12 assists.

Mirror:

Sheffield United have made a move for QPR midfielder Luke Freeman, writes Mirror Football’s James Nursey.

But QPR may cash in on the former Gillingham, Arsenal, Stevenage and Bristol City player.

He made 45 appearances last term in the League scoring five goals and getting 12 assists.
Credit for not starting a new thread.

Can't say I remember him but by all accounts sounds like a good player. Are we just starting the bidding for others to gauge and pip us to his signature? Only time will tell but seems CW not happy with losing a number 10 and Duffy or Holmes as cover

Mirror:

Was the other player mentioned by Richard Cadette as well as Egan. Fits with wilder stating the need for an attacking midfielder and fits with the news of a bid for a bid for a new player. Reckon this is a goer.

Back
Top Bottom