Player Suggestion Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
This is not a rumour this is a scouts report... From me :)

No 15 for Stevenage yesterday, orange boots.

Absolutely bossed the midfield and carved us apart when Doyle and Macdonald went missing(again)

We need to get a closer look at this lad in the play offs and sign him

He's only 20 as well

Agreed, he was the best player on the pitch yesterday and I was mightily pleased when they took him off.

I think he's been highly rated for a while. Expect him to be in the Championship next season either way.

I think he's been highly rated for a while. Expect him to be in the Championship next season either way.

Apparently, according to Trig Jnr (TY), he came through the same Arsenal youth team as Jack Wilshere and signed for Stevenage in January, but he certainly looks way too good for League 1.

We were saying that orange boots certainly help a player stand out, unless of course it's O'Hallaran :)

Apparently, according to Trig Jnr (TY), he came through the same Arsenal youth team as Jack Wilshere and signed for Stevenage in January, but he certainly looks way too good for League 1.

We were saying that orange boots certainly help a player stand out, unless of course it's O'Hallaran :)

O'Hallaran certainly stood out when he failed to take that chance at the end. What a twat.

You'd have to be deluded to think we have a chance of signing this kid.

You'd have to be deluded to think we have a chance of signing this kid.

Maybe now but the bigger question for me is why we're not picking up the talented kids from Arsenal/Man U/Man City's academies who don't make the grade at the top end of the Championship.

Freeman is 20 and signed for Stevenage on a free transfer (I think). That's exactly the kind of player we should be looking for: not Chris Bloody Porter et al.

Maybe now but the bigger question for me is why we're not picking up the talented kids from Arsenal/Man U/Man City's academies who don't make the grade at the top end of the Championship.

Freeman is 20 and signed for Stevenage on a free transfer (I think). That's exactly the kind of player we should be looking for: not Chris Bloody Porter et al.

We have actually signed a few kids from the academies of Man Utd, Man City and Everton etc recently. If we see them in the first team soon is another matter.

We have actually signed a few kids from the academies of Man Utd, Man City and Everton etc recently. If we see them in the first team soon is another matter.

If they are any good they will be sold before they are of any real benefit to the first team. It's the McCabe way.

If they are any good they will be sold before they are of any real benefit to the first team. It's the McCabe way.
You mean the way to keep our club running? What would you rather do? Keep your best players and go bust.

You mean the way to keep our club running? What would you rather do? Keep your best players and go bust.

I would have rather the club hadn't run up debt pissing money up against a wall on daft foreign ventures and property deals at the top of the market.

I would have rather the club hadn't run up debt pissing money up against a wall on daft foreign ventures and property deals at the top of the market.
Fair point but selling players is what keeps clubs like ours going

You seriously think we're going to replace him (McDonald) don't you? Bless.

You seriously think we wont? Bless.

We replaced Evans.... with Miller

We replaced Kitson..... with Taylor

We will replace McDonald....... with ?!? (Just maybe not in August)

Ah, now, that depends on what you see as being replaced. Perhaps I should have been more clear and added the word "adequately".

We might sign somebody who the likes of Walsall or Crewe deem surplus to requirements, and that man might happen to play in midfield, but if you see that as replacing McDonald, your view of a replacement is different to mine. A replacement should have similar attributes and ability to the person he's replacing, not be vastly inferior in almost every way.

You seem to think there is a realistic chance that we could sign Freeman to replace him. This theory is fatally flawed in that Freeman is quite good and we have heard of him. (I would still rather have McDonald than him.)

I will end by saying that I hope you make me look a fool and we sign some superstar midfielder who will dictate games and see us through to promotion, but I do hope you'll pardon my scepticism.

The perennial diminishment in quality continues.

Coady?

We might sign somebody who the likes of Walsall or Crewe deem surplus to requirements,

Like Febian Brandy for example?

We are a third tier club. We pick players up from those who are less fortunate than us i.e. below us in the pecking order.

If we want somebody from above our station they are usually on loan or are resurrecting a career for whatever reason.

examples of these are.

Miller
Taylor
Brandy

Other than that, we can't do much. Wolves are merely doing to us, what us and Brentford have done to Walsall

Like Febian Brandy for example?

We are a third tier club. We pick players up from those who are less fortunate than us i.e. below us in the pecking order.

If we want somebody from above our station they are usually on loan or are resurrecting a career for whatever reason.

examples of these are.

Miller
Taylor
Brandy

Other than that, we can't do much. Wolves are merely doing to us, what us and Brentford have done to Walsall

Brandy was good last Friday. I hope he can maintain that type of performance over a season. Reading what fans of other clubs say, though, it sounds like inconsistency is something he suffers from.

My point is the key players that never get adequately replaced.

Ched, nope, Williamson, nope, Quinn, nope, Lowton, Wilson tried, but within budget was only able to get McMahon and Westlake, and Blackman, nope. Shall we add McDonald to the list? We shall wait and see.

I really can't comment on what Coady, McGinn or McGinty can offer as I only discovered their existence the day they signed for us.

The point remains that we are extremely unlikely to sign anybody of Freeman's ilk, even if only from the might of Stevenage because he is half decent and people have actually seen him play a few decent games at first team level and a fee might be involved.

"apparently" we can't pin hopes on loanee's. Somebody else saidin another thread. Therefore they must be right ;)

I don't know why that was so controversial to you, our recent attempts to build teams around loanees have been disastrous!

I don't know why that was so controversial to you, our recent attempts to build teams around loanees have been disastrous!

Building a team on loans maybe. Having 1 or 2 is fine.

People choose not to remember the Greg Halfords of this world because its easier to create a drama remembering Nosworthy

Building a team on loans maybe. Having 1 or 2 is fine.

People choose not to remember the Greg Halfords of this world because its easier to create a drama remembering Nosworthy

Even with the good ones there is the chance they could be taken back at a moments notice, a la Kyle Walker. Yes there have been good ones such as Halford and Andy Reid (though losing Reid messed us up terribly) and Sam Vokes, whom we couldn't afford to keep long enough to make a difference. Of the recent ones though, Marcus Bent, Dominic Poleon, Mike O'Halloran etc have largely been terrible.

* Edit and how could I forget Nick Blackman's replacement Jonathan 'he'll score the goals we need Forte, perhaps the one most analogous to this situation. Sell a key player, replace him with a cut rate loanee. Worked a treat last year eh?

Back
Top Bottom