Match Thread Liverpool v. Sheffield United - 4th April 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LIV
LIV
LIV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1711993527516.png vs 1711993533057.png

Premier League Matchweek 31 - Thursday 4th April 2024 - 19:30 - Anfield
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/liverpool-vs-sheffield-united.687/

Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: James Mainwaring, Richard West
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 18.47.26.png

Last edited:

Our only chance of a result was scoring again yet he took Brereton off after 63 mins..... and McAtee. No idea why

Respectable showing though. A nice surprise to get this out of the way without a battering

The utter inevitability of losing games late on is getting very tiresome though
Diaz tight calf Macatee not sure

I didn't see the game but I was surprised to see the three that were taken off after we equalised.

I'm sure there was some method behind it but it seemed like a mistake.

Disrespectful, TNT Sports, bias commentators, some celebration, and at the Kop end too! Sheff United put to bed by Liverpool, it’s just one of those nights again at Anfield! Says it all.
it doesnt matter if its liverpool arsenal or man city both sky and tnt commentators are all so biased in favour of the top 3 in the title race all about big money the modern day premier league
TNT pundits on the pitch now, “We enjoyed the goals, to win the game” says it all.

I agree looked completely lost like hes never been on a pitch
Yeh because he’s 20 years old in his first real season playing in the first team. Add to that the high percentage of possession we had and the quality balls that were played up to him. And finally throw in he was up against highly experienced international defenders. Yeh he played shit. Unbelievable. Do you really support United?

Osula was awful
Yeh because he’s 20 years old in his first real season playing in the first team. Add to that the high percentage of possession we had and the quality balls that were played up to him. And finally throw in he was up against highly experienced international defenders. Yeh he played shit. Unbelievable. Do you really support United?

I expected him to maybe hold the ball up, perhaps win a free kick. Instead he did fuck all.

I’m
Anyway of watching it live as a one off tonight, don't mind paying.

Our only chance of a result was scoring again yet he took Brereton off after 63 mins..... and McAtee. No idea why

Respectable showing though. A nice surprise to get this out of the way without a battering

The utter inevitability of losing games late on is getting very tiresome though
Agree with BBD as he looked ok but Macca looked like his legs were finished after his assist. Looked like that cross was all he had left to give.

is it a low bar yes, but you cant help but be proud of the players. when you think where we were a month ago laughing stock of the country. a month later. its nice to see that for probably the 1st time. we made 1 of these sides in european football work hard for a result & we pushed for me the team who will win the PL all the way for almost 90mins

the reaction to that wondergoal says everything how about how much we worried liverpool tonight & no disrespect to hecky, love the bloke but wilder has found a way to motivate these players & we are ending the season with a team capable of survival. even if we havent got the points our performances have deserved

No mention of VAR at the time and it was obvious. Blind eye turned.
And from the clip, Van Djiks facial expression and posture made it looks as if he was putting real force into what he was doing.
Certainly looks like an example of violent conduct.
Let's see if anyone in the PL dare discipline one of Klopps players with the PL Championship at stake 🤔

Honest mate take those specs off… all of thiose things considered he literally didn’t know where to position himself on the pitch. There was one instance when he ran in a small circle looking totally confused.

His run timing is way off and he has no idea how to control his body.

Not time to write him off but massive improvement nedeed.

When compared to Blaster and brooks he’s some way off considering he’s had more first team exp including on loan.

He does that every game, looking at the opposition warm-up, it would be nice if an opposition manager did something similar to Liverpool, standing about 5 yds from him

Some of those machines they had where you can just self serve a beer would be great at BL

I believe they both do; nice lads as well.

In other news WWE icon the Undertaker is suing the premier league for infringement of his Choke Slam trademark
Seriously we should get lawyers employed to question those two hands round the neck incidents in the last 2 games.
Go to 10 men and we'd be looking at maybe an extra 3 points in the last 2 games.
How are they allowed to remain on the pitch? Not even booked either unless I missed it.
We would never get away with one like either of those!!

Back
Top Bottom