Match Thread Liverpool v. Sheffield United - 24th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LIV
LIV
LIV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1603394535083.png v. 1603394546915.png
EPL Week 6 - Saturday 24th October 2020 - Anfield

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/liverpool-vs-sheffield-united.514/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 20.24.38.png

Also available via Sky Sports Box Office:

How to access Sky Sports Box Office​

Sky (Channel 492): Sign up for a Sky Sports Box Office account here. Here you can book your events, then you must make a choice: purchase the event or match for viewing on TV via your set top box or opt for a streaming version - available via computer, mobile and tablet devices - you can not order both options.
Virgin Media: Use your TiVo box to go directly to the box office event list: Home to On Demand to Live Events.
BT (Channel 496): Go directly to this channel and expect the fee to be added to your bill - you cannot order from Sky as a BT customer.

Looking forward to this. I wonder what we’re gonna go with? Berge RCM? Brewster start? Bogle start? Burke back in? Ozzy in at LWB? Ampadu?

Sander Berge will definitely score in this match.

tensed-handsome-man-thinking-hard-home_1262-5881.jpg

It's likely that Liverpool will be putting out a bit of a makeshift team for this one because of injuries and the heavy schedule.

Starting XI could be something like this.

Adrian
Kostas
Fabinho
Matip
Alexander-Arnold
Jones
Wijnaldum
Milner
Jota
Minamino
Salah

Got a sneaking suspicion that Brewster starts up top with McGoldrick and we snatch it 2-1. Just like we did with Jo Flo all those years ago. UTB

While I think Burke will start, there is some logic to having McGoldrick start with Brewster in his initial games – experienced head used to our system that can help him quickly get up to speed. I guess a concern of pairing Brewster with Burke is that Burke himself is still getting used to how we play – he can’t exactly be drawn on to help him get adjusted. I think most of our new strikers when they started in the PL for the first time were paired with McGoldrick.

4-0 to Liverpool,could be more tho as they might want to rectify an earlier home thrashing they had at the hands of Villa,there is no way will get the lucky deflections for goals that Villa had,because we dont shoot that much.

4-0 to Liverpool,could be more tho as they might want to rectify an earlier home thrashing they had at the hands of Villa,there is no way will get the lucky deflections for goals that Villa had,because we dont shoot that much.
Maybe McBurnie heading onto his own shoulder will catch them out?

Home thrashing?

Easy win for Liverpool hopefully they don’t get out of second gear. 3-0, hopefully we don’t get done by 5 or 6.

An easy Burke hat-trick after their defenders triple-up on Brewster all game.

On a serious note, I expect to lose, but a lot of Liverpool's defending has been terrible this season.

Can't defend crosses, can't defend balls over the top. Keeper is dodgy.

I wonder if we'll play Ampadu at LCB. Considering Salah just wants to cut inside onto his left foot anyway... Ampadu can tackle with his right. And he's quicker than Robinson.

Hopefully, if he scores I shall be able to roll out "the" definitive song for Brewster.

Tune we'll all (mostly) be familiar with.
Uncomplicated
Not many words, in fact very few long ones either.
Even us mob on the Kop would have a chance of keeping up with each other, provided we've not sold him by the time we actually get back to attending matches again.

Back
Top Bottom