Match Thread Liverpool v. Sheffield United - 24th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LIV
LIV
LIV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1603394535083.png v. 1603394546915.png
EPL Week 6 - Saturday 24th October 2020 - Anfield

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/liverpool-vs-sheffield-united.514/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 20.24.38.png

Also available via Sky Sports Box Office:

How to access Sky Sports Box Office​

Sky (Channel 492): Sign up for a Sky Sports Box Office account here. Here you can book your events, then you must make a choice: purchase the event or match for viewing on TV via your set top box or opt for a streaming version - available via computer, mobile and tablet devices - you can not order both options.
Virgin Media: Use your TiVo box to go directly to the box office event list: Home to On Demand to Live Events.
BT (Channel 496): Go directly to this channel and expect the fee to be added to your bill - you cannot order from Sky as a BT customer.

Might aswell just put kids out, games gone before a balls been kicked.

Might aswell just put kids out, games gone before a balls been kicked.

Liverpool have been shit since lockdown and have a few injuries to key players.

No point in conceding defeat before a ball has been kicked. Chris Wilder certainly won't be.

Anything can happen, especially with the way this season has been going so far.

Well with a point finally on the board, we now face 3 very tough games, starting tonight with the trip to Liverpool. VvD missing for them is a positive for us, but as someone alluded to, if they had Dick Van Dyke in defence and Mary Poppins in goal, we'd still struggle...

Anyway...

Any team news?

Full debut for Brewster?

Is Lowe passed fit?

Who partners who up front?

So our only hope really is that they are tired from the heavy pitch on Wednesday and the short break. I suspect a strong Blades performance but obviously that likely will only narrow the margin of defeat.

Realistically and sadly I'm going for a 2 nil defeat.

UTB

4-0 them. Freestyle prediction- McBurnie to miss an open goal towards the end.

It's likely that Liverpool will be putting out a bit of a makeshift team for this one because of injuries and the heavy schedule.

Starting XI could be something like this.

Adrian
Kostas
Fabinho
Matip
Alexander-Arnold
Jones
Wijnaldum
Milner
Jota
Minamino
Salah

Don't know what we are worried about then...

(4-0 Liverpool)

Liverpool are fantastic with the ball. But as it seems at the moment......Not so great without it.
So you just know what we’re gonna do don’t ya?

we really need mcburnie on song today, if he hits his chances in in the last game we have 3pts now, to get any chance of a point at lpool we need him to be scoring

It sounds so simplistic but we need to score 2 today to get anything.
Even then it might not be a win, we need to set out to score early, keep tight at the back until the hour mark then punish them with a counter later on.
If we don't score we get hammered and if we get one it'll probably be a consultation. Set the team out to attack from the off like we used to do rather than with 2-0min left.

We never had CWAK before though.

Do hate being pessimistic but I'm expecting nothing. The match we gave them at the lane last year I saw a result if I'm honest if we can mirror that I'd be happy.

Mike Dean? How the fuck is a ref from the Wirral allowed to officiate the Merseyside teams? I know he's a Tranmere fan but he's bound to have loads of family and friends who support Liverpool. They wouldn't have a ref from South Yorkshire in charge even if he didn't support either Sheffield team.

Brewster will be on bench

He gets disillusioned with life and leaves the match at half time.
Wilder gets angry and tells him his time has come to an end.

He is left in the wilderness where he learns to fish and fight bears.
Brewsters wildlife adventures becomes a hit tv documentary where is joined by ex footballers.

Forget the win. I just want to see us to score another goal from open play.

Mike Dean? How the fuck is a ref from the Wirral allowed to officiate the Merseyside teams? I know he's a Tranmere fan but he's bound to have loads of family and friends who support Liverpool. They wouldn't have a ref from South Yorkshire in charge even if he didn't support either Sheffield team.
It does seem a strange choice

Brewster will be on bench

He gets disillusioned with life and leaves the match at half time.
Wilder gets angry and tells him his time has come to an end.

He is left in the wilderness where he learns to fish and fight bears.
Brewsters wildlife adventures becomes a hit tv documentary where is joined by ex footballers.
And that children is why drugs are a bad thing 🤣

Back
Top Bottom