Outgoing? Leon Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should never have been given another contract 2 years ago. He used to run himself into the ground,chase goalkeepers & defenders down. Then he got a new contract & stopped doing all that. Pay him off & get him out of the club,along with Ricky Holmes.

He didn't stop working hard at all, you've just made that up because you've got nothing else.

Should never have been given another contract 2 years ago. He used to run himself into the ground,chase goalkeepers & defenders down. Then he got a new contract & stopped doing all that. Pay him off & get him out of the club,along with Ricky Holmes.
If he didn't get a new contract and went to Villa as per the rumour at the time our fans would've screamed the fucking place down.
And why should he leave? We've given him a contract. It's not like he's staying here and holding us to ransom.

Would you leave the highest paid job you've ever been in for a quarter of the wage somewhere else, where you'll have to do more work in a scrubby little office in comparison to where you are now? Thought not

If he didn't get a new contract and went to Villa as per the rumour at the time our fans would've screamed the fucking place down.
And why should he leave? We've given him a contract. It's not like he's staying here and holding us to ransom.

Would you leave the highest paid job you've ever been in for a quarter of the wage somewhere else, where you'll have to do more work in a scrubby little office in comparison to where you are now? Thought not
Every fan at every club screams to get their better players a new contract,give em 4 years or 5, then when their form drops and they get injured the same players are called mercenaries, when I'm reality not one fan would walk away from a better paid job to take a lower paid one, a fickle bunch we are

If Villa were actually serious about signing him that is, it could have just been agent talk. I just don't think we should have given him a 3 year deal.

Like I have said already I think a new 1 year deal with the club having the option to extend the deal would have been better. We could have still offered him improved terms which we probably did with the 3 year deal.

If Villa were actually serious about signing him that is, it could have just been agent talk. I just don't think we should have given him a 3 year deal.

Like I have said already I think a new 1 year deal with the club having the option to extend the deal would have been better. We could have still offered him improved terms which we probably did with the 3 year deal.
Villa were willing to more than double his salary but he chose to stay at the Blades.

His time at the club has been a very successful one, he could’ve easily gone for the money, perhaps the only time in his career he chose not to, I respect him hugely for this and anyone who can’t see this needs their heads banging together.

He was influential at the time and to keep him, Wilder thought it was for the best to offer him a 3 year deal? Either that or risk losing him to someone else?

At the end of the day, I don’t even think Wilder could foresee our progression at the rate of knots we’ve achieved it, this will have aided his decision making at the time.

He's spent longer at United than any other club in his career, played an instrumental part of our promotion campaigns and I'm glad that he's still with us, even if he doesnt play. We gave him the contract, he's entitled to stay with us if there are no options to move on. He'll always be a hero to me for what he helped us achieve

Talking of Holmes did you see Sander shake hands with him on one of the videos doing the rounds….lol

Made me chuckle, Ricky seemed a little embarrassed, its like shaking hands with the man who's banging your mum... you dont like it, but you gotta accept it

He's spent longer at United than any other club in his career, played an instrumental part of our promotion campaigns and I'm glad that he's still with us, even if he doesnt play. We gave him the contract, he's entitled to stay with us if there are no options to move on. He'll always be a hero to me for what he helped us achieve

The fuck you at the sty on it’s own means I’ll never forget him..

Wish Rangers would loan him for the rest of the season while Defoe (who’s not as good) is injured

I hope the legend doesn't go and stays as one of the 25. He's scored as many as Billy and 1 more then Didzy in 4 appearances.

Im surprised no league one teams want him. He is lethal at that level

It's a shame, I'd really have hoped Leon would get a loan move today, for no other reason than he deserves to be playing football regularly, and unfortunately that just won't happen here, but for a league 1 or even championship club, he could be a weapon.

Surely, any L1 or even champ outfit, looking for Leon's services will be holding out for him getting his contract paid up, so he can go / join with no strings attached. His wages, at present, must be quite a big put off for the vast majority of teams and l wouldn't think United will be overly keen to pay him to play for someone else, regardless of any good will the club may feel towards him.

FFS. The love in for Leon is so far over the top it’s unreal. 2 goals v Pigs was great. 15 by January that season was great. New contract signed in January - 4 goals rest of season ending on 19 after a big pay rise - not so good. He’s getting paid for doing nothing,same as Ricky Holmes - pay them both off & get them out of the club.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's planning to retire at the end of the season. He's 35 next month and, if he were intending to move in the summer, he'd be better off showing that he still has something to offer by playing football - even if that meant dropping down the leagues.

FFS. The love in for Leon is so far over the top it’s unreal. 2 goals v Pigs was great. 15 by January that season was great. New contract signed in January - 4 goals rest of season ending on 19 after a big pay rise - not so good. He’s getting paid for doing nothing,same as Ricky Holmes - pay them both off & get them out of the club.
The whole team dropped off in the 2nd half of that season, not just Leon. Unless we save money in the pay off there is no real point in losing one of the leaders.

The whole team dropped off in the 2nd half of that season, not just Leon. Unless we save money in the pay off there is no real point in losing one of the leaders.
One of the leaders?? Give over. Never deserved the captains armband when he was given it. He’s made no attempt to find a new club,happy getting paid for doing nowt. & he’s nowhere near deserving of having a place in the 25 man squad,hopefully this transfer windows signings will have sorted that out.

One of the leaders?? Give over. Never deserved the captains armband when he was given it. He’s made no attempt to find a new club,happy getting paid for doing nowt. & he’s nowhere near deserving of having a place in the 25 man squad,hopefully this transfer windows signings will have sorted that out.
Well Wilder and the squad disagree as even out of favour he was given the armband when Billy wasn't on.

How do you know what he tried? What planet are you on if you don't think he would be happy on the biggest contract he has probably ever had. He has still covered this season when required, still a leader, no need to get rid unless it saves us money.

Someones had a drink

Back
Top Bottom