Outgoing? Leon Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And cos we did, I don’t ??

Interesting point of view.

Another would be Clarke’s most influential season, and productive in terms of goals was the season we didn’t get promoted 😉

UTB

Wasn’t down to Clarke we didn’t get promoted ...

We gave him a new contract ...so again not his fault

Stays or goes he did his bit for the Blades ...Good luck to him I say 👍

Wasn’t down to Clarke we didn’t get promoted ...

We gave him a new contract ...so again not his fault

Stays or goes he did his bit for the Blades ...Good luck to him I say 👍
As do I.

And don’t think I don’t appreciate the good bits, however infrequent they were.

UTB

I wish him luck but he needs to move on. Appreciate his purple patch but we shoud have never given him a new contract 2 years ago. No coincidence that he stopped scoring after he signed that.

Leon joined the Blades and was a popular a signing as Rudolf Hess, but he has delivered on the pitch for us and when he leaves with go with best wishes; it's just getting someone who'll pay his wages.

I wish him luck but he needs to move on. Appreciate his purple patch but we shoud have never given him a new contract 2 years ago. No coincidence that he stopped scoring after he signed that.
not playing much has been the biggest reason hes not scored

hes played 87 games for us and scored 29 goals ,,, 1 in every 3 games
not many any where near him

cant believe a championship club wont take a punt on him

Last edited:
not playing much has been the biggest reason hes not scored

hes played 87 games for us and scored 29 goals ,,, 1 in every 3 games
not many any where near him

cant believe a championship club wont take a punt on him
27 of them in 5 games. Ish !!

UTB

Leon joined the Blades and was a popular a signing as Rudolf Hess, but he has delivered on the pitch for us and when he leaves with go with best wishes; it's just getting someone who'll pay his wages.
I disagree. He was a proven goalscorer in L1... I was happy we signed him and im sure most blades were!

Well it was a choice of that or selling him to our rivals, Villa. That would have sent out a great message to the rest of the players, the supporters and possibly potential signings.

Wilder sold Brooks and managed to land us two very good players. If Villa at the time were serious and were prepared to actually part with some money for him then I think we should have sold him. Wilder says he doesn't do sentimental but giving Clarke a 3 year deal at his age was barmy. A new 1 year deal I could have understood.

Wilder sold Brooks and managed to land us two very good players. If Villa at the time were serious and were prepared to actually part with some money for him then I think we should have sold him. Wilder says he doesn't do sentimental but giving Clarke a 3 year deal at his age was barmy. A new 1 year deal I could have understood.
Brooks was never a regular first team starter for us and we got good money for him which Wilder needed to bring in Egan and Norwood. Wilder was happy to sell him. We didn’t sell him to an immediate rival.
Clarke, at the time, was scoring regularly and was an important member of the team. And Villa were a rival in the championship. It would have been as stupid a deal as selling Blackman was. Most importantly, Wilder wanted to keep him because he saw him as an important player.
The reason he didn’t feature much last season is because we found a better player. So good he helped us get promotion, after being criticised for not being Waghorn. That’s how football works. It wasn’t a bad decision by Wilder, it was the right decision at the time.

Brooks was never a regular first team starter for us and we got good money for him which Wilder needed to bring in Egan and Norwood. Wilder was happy to sell him. We didn’t sell him to an immediate rival.
Clarke, at the time, was scoring regularly and was an important member of the team. And Villa were a rival in the championship. It would have been as stupid a deal as selling Blackman was. Most importantly, Wilder wanted to keep him because he saw him as an important player.
The reason he didn’t feature much last season is because we found a better player. So good he helped us get promotion, after being criticised for not being Waghorn. That’s how football works. It wasn’t a bad decision by Wilder, it was the right decision at the time.

Like I said a 1 year extention to his current deal on improved terms if we wanted him to stay but the 3 year deal was a pisstake.

Like I said a 1 year extention to his current deal on improved terms if we wanted him to stay but the 3 year deal was a pisstake.
Why would he have signed it when Villa would have offered him longer or alternatively a lot more money?
It’s this parsimonious approach that held the club back for years, fear of ‘wasting money’ by looking at the minutiae instead of the big picture. Spoiling the ship for a ha’porth of tar. Sums up McCabe’s tenure.

I disagree. He was a proven goalscorer in L1... I was happy we signed him and im sure most blades were!
He may have been a scorer in L1 but he was not overly popular signing due to his time at the sty, just out of interest where do I say I doidn't like him or that he didn't do the bizzo on the grass he did very much so but you come from pigland and have to work 3 times as heard to win Blades fans over.

Pay him off & get him out of the club. Fairly obvious he wants to sit out his contract & get as much as he can from us.
He did okay for us,thats about it. The fact he had a place in our PL squad is laughable.

Pay him off & get him out of the club. Fairly obvious he wants to sit out his contract & get as much as he can from us.
He did okay for us,thats about it. The fact he had a place in our PL squad is laughable.
One of the dressing room leaders too. No need to pay him off he's having zero negative effect on anybody.

He's a hero unlike Ricky Holmes.

Wilder says we’ve had no offers for him. Presumably that’s true he doesn’t usually bullshit about stuff like that in which case Leon can’t have turned down any moves to justify your claim he’s sitting out his contract.
If we get offers and he refuses to go we can revisit this but until then you have nothing to back this up.

Wilder says we’ve had no offers for him. Presumably that’s true he doesn’t usually bullshit about stuff like that in which case Leon can’t have turned down any moves to justify your claim he’s sitting out his contract.
If we get offers and he refuses to go we can revisit this but until then you have nothing to back this up.
Should never have been given another contract 2 years ago. He used to run himself into the ground,chase goalkeepers & defenders down. Then he got a new contract & stopped doing all that. Pay him off & get him out of the club,along with Ricky Holmes.

Back
Top Bottom