Leeds are fallin apart again 2019

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's not cheating, because as far as I know there's no law against it. It is unsporting though.

Also, some of the reasoning on here is baffling.
Just because there may be more underhand tactics does not make it ok.
Multiple clubs doing it does not make it ok.

I'm amazed that anyone is using either of these two lines of argumentation to defend Bielsa.

I would Assume training grounds are private property and being there without invitation can be classed as trespassing
Rather than assume, why don't you read an article about it? Several links have been posted.
In case you still can't be bothered, in the Derby case at least, he wasn't trespassing on private ground.

He does it to give himself the best possible chance of winning an upcoming game.

With it being the first of its kind, you’ve got to assume nobody else does it (until proven).

Irrespective of the result, when they came to the Lane they knew more about us than we did about them. We could do extensive research on them but we wouldn’t have watched them train for this particular game. We failed to score - maybe spying contributed toward this. Maybe not but over the season it will have gained them some points.

Therefore he is gaining an unfair advantage in an unsportsmanlike fashion and for this deserves to be punished. Why not by way of points if they’ve gained points unfairly?

He hasn’t broke any rules ... because there isn’t a rule ... because can you imagine the size of the fucking rule book if you had to cover EVERYTHING that could or might happen.

His press conference was just plain arrogance.

He was on a public highway you could see through & over the fence. Therefore not trespassing. The police politely asked him to move on.

You can say he needs to be punished but as there’s a law/rule not broken you can’t go round making punishments up. Therefore a slap on the wrists & fine is the likely outcome, with the rules then being changed with a sanction stating what punishment will be given if anyone is found doing it future

He was on a public highway you could see through & over the fence. Therefore not trespassing. The police politely asked him to move on.

Yeh it’s a strange one, he was found with pliers and a change of clothes whilst at the Derby training ground.
I thought that most trainings grounds were difficult to view. One side of the SU training complex can be viewed at a distance from the road but the other half of our training complex where our players train can’t be viewed from anywhere.

Think it’s a form of underhand (some would say clever) gamesmanship, cheating is too strong a word and to be fair apparently this is common practice in Argentina so maybe be thought it acceptable. Also there’s no method of knowing what advantage was gained and if that advantage made any difference to any LU score lines.

It’s bad what Bielsa has done but think it’s been blown out of proportion.
Suspect the EFL will give him a slap on the wrist with a small fine and warn him about his future conduct.

This may be an unpopular view, but I think it's a load of palaver about nothing. There are few morals in football, and we see "cheating" - diving, "winning" penalties, gaining yards on throw-ins and free kicks, timewasting, feigning injuries - every week at most games. Much of this is condoned by pundits (tossers, most of them) and ignored by the authorities. We will have a strong view as a whole because historically we're not too keen on Leeds, but lets not put Lampard on some sort of pedestal - he did play for West Scam after all, and is part of the entitled "golden generation" (that's a laugh!). If Bielsa "spied" on us, I'd say it wasn't that effective as it was a very close game and there was only going to be a goal in it. Leeds took their chance. I agree that there's only a fuss because Lampard has blown it up and he's something of a media darling (fuck knows why!!). I'm no apologist for Leeds, but worse things happen in football and in the world. Let's move on?
It's XI vs XI. Pulling a shirt at a corner will have more impact on the game that this once the whistle gets blown. Hardly anything gets made of that after the first few weeks of the season.

I have to hand it to bielsa - everyone thinks he’s about to resign then he reveals he has a dossier for every team and he’s spied on them all!

I don’t see the issue - what advantage would he gain from watching us for example - 95% of the time we could all name who’s gonna play and the formation and tactics are hardly a secret are they.

He’s trying to get an advantage over his opponents, fair play.

He might have noticed that if you put Henderson under pressure with a quick player he might make an error..

And that he likes to take a player on...

Nowt to gain with knowing that was there..

Yeh it’s a strange one, he was found with pliers and a change of clothes whilst at the Derby training ground.
I thought that most trainings grounds were difficult to view. One side of the SU training complex can be viewed at a distance from the road but the other half of our training complex where our players train can’t be viewed from anywhere.

Think it’s a form of underhand (some would say clever) gamesmanship, cheating is too strong a word and to be fair apparently this is common practice in Argentina so maybe be thought it acceptable. Also there’s no method of knowing what advantage was gained and if that advantage made any difference to any LU score lines.

It’s bad what Bielsa has done but think it’s been blown out of proportion.
Suspect the EFL will give him a slap on the wrist with a small fine and warn him about his future conduct.

If there’s no advantage gained, why is he doing it for every match?

Warnock's response when asked about Spygate;
"I was asked this week 'what would you do if someone came to watch us' - and I'd just encourage them because it'd confuse them!"

You can say he needs to be punished but as there’s a law/rule not broken you can’t go round making punishments up. Therefore a slap on the wrists & fine is the likely outcome, with the rules then being changed with a sanction stating what punishment will be given if anyone is found doing it future
You just did :)

It might not be illegal, it might be unsporting. But if it goes unpunished its condoned and everyone can start doing it with impunity.

Edit, if they don't already

2nd edit, we probs don't, we can't even get a scouting network together let alone a spy network

I bet more than just Leeds spy, doubt it would be every game. But I bet alot of clubs coming up to a big game "spy" in someway. Bielsa knows more about Derby than Frank does.

If there’s no advantage gained, why is he doing it for every match?

He did it because there’s a possibility he could claim an advantage.

For example before they played us he already had a good idea what our starting team would be, he also had a fair idea about our tactics and corner routines. His spy will have just confirmed this what they already suspected, so nothing would have been learned over what he already knew.

Where as Jo’s Lukukay was changing his starting 11 and tactics from one match to the next.
So spying on Sheff Wed would have probably given them an advantage.

My point is the advantage gained is unquantifiable and impossible to prove.

It's definitely wrong because it's such unsporting behaviour, like not giving the ball back after the opposition has kicked it out for an injury. We were rightly up in arms when that cost us at Highbury, so to say this is OK just because there's no rule would be hypocritical. At the end of the day though, there is no rule and nothing will come of it so it's much ado about nothing really.

What will be interesting though is if Leeds points average drops for the second half of the season, now that this advantage will presumably have been taken away. Let's hope it does, we might all be thanking big Frank in a few months for pointing it out.

He does it to give himself the best possible chance of winning an upcoming game.

With it being the first of its kind, you’ve got to assume nobody else does it (until proven).

Irrespective of the result, when they came to the Lane they knew more about us than we did about them. We could do extensive research on them but we wouldn’t have watched them train for this particular game. We failed to score - maybe spying contributed toward this. Maybe not but over the season it will have gained them some points.

Therefore he is gaining an unfair advantage in an unsportsmanlike fashion and for this deserves to be punished. Why not by way of points if they’ve gained points unfairly?

He hasn’t broke any rules ... because there isn’t a rule ... because can you imagine the size of the fucking rule book if you had to cover EVERYTHING that could or might happen.

His press conference was just plain arrogance.
I can't get my head round this idea that points should be docked for not breaking any rules.

i know he is Leeds manager but i quite like him ! he has Leeds very well drilled and says it how it is

don't overly agree with the whole spying thing but as many have said , he didn't break any rules and anyone could go and watch allot of teams train at anytime

The fact he pi##ed off Frank Lampard pleases me a great deal !

seeing that smug arse and the massive love in for him all around the sport websites this morning( and every day!) with his 'magical' FA cup win over one of the relegation favs from the premiership on a penalty shoot out in the 3rd round makes me sick

really hope we can push for top 2 , but if we do not quite manage it and make the playoffs i would love the play them,
2nd leg at Bramall Lane , night match and we put the 'outstanding' FLDCFC to the sword !

I can't get my head round this idea that points should be docked for not breaking any rules.
If a rule isn’t there is it always the case that something that occurs isn’t unfair? As I said the rulebook can’t cover EVERYTHING just in case ANYTHING happens. Maybe they can now add it to the rulebook?

Lest there be any doubt that there is not the slightest shred of contrition at Leeds United about this episode, yesterday's press conference settled it.

The Dirties know that there are no rules that they can be caught on and that performance yesterday by Bielsa was all about ramping up the mind games even further.

Bielsa has a calculated reason for everything he does. In revealing the full extent of the 'spying', he has attempted to intimidate and get in the minds of every other club in the division. He's basically sending out the message that, 'we know more about you than you would ever have thought possible'. And truth be told, Bielsa is probably pleased that this story has broken and given him the chance to get that message out.

The question now is how opponents will react. Will they be cowed by what Bielsa said and crumble or will they respond positively and be out to make a point against them? I suppose we'll have an answer if Leeds run away with the title by 12 points.

Back
Top Bottom