Leeds are fallin apart again 2019

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which is a valid question. It has to be countered, however, with the alternative scenario of news emerging that SUFC have been sending people to spy on other teams. How many on here would be calling for the EFL to dock us points?

I’m not asking for anyone to dock points. I’d fully expect us to be punished for it though.

Anyone remember the glass jar/teacup that Warnock allegedly used against the wall of Burnley's dressing room
Stan Ternant went ballistic but nowt was done about it

I was thinking about this the other day, is there really that much to be gained? a few set pieces, bit of tactics? But nowadays teams have videos and analysis on every game. Leeds would've known from our game that they are wank on defending crosses into the box

If Leeds watched us before we played them, then they may have hoped that hendo and egan had a mix up...

Not gonna lie I don't see what's wrong with it. And I'm especially glad he did this conference because it will shut that absolute cunt Lampard up about it.
What so lampard is a for been angry at teams spying on him? But Bielsa it’s all fine even tho he’s sent spies to every teams training ground in the league

And people saying" it goes on all the time "
Well now Is the time to fucking stop it then
Slimy cockroach behaviour

i like bielsa honesty. its makes a nice change to be upfront instead BS that most managers can say

but im not comfortable with it. mainly because so much in public domain, like scouting your opponents in their matches before, watching them on tv, then video analysis. there no need for this underhand deception & to go on private property. yes it not illegal & appartantly "everyone" is doing it. but thats not an excuse just because everyone doing the wrong thing doesnt make it right

Are there any company laws being broken by this? Commercial espionage? It would surely be against the law for a company to send an employee to spy on a board meeting of a competitor company?

I always
i like bielsa honesty. its makes a nice change to be upfront instead BS that most managers can say

but im not comfortable with it. mainly because so much in public domain, like scouting your opponents in their matches before, watching them on tv, then video analysis. there no need for this underhand deception & to go on private property. yes it not illegal & appartantly "everyone" is doing it. but thats not an excuse just because everyone doing the wrong thing doesnt make it right
Who went on private property?

I see the argument that this is an overreaction however, imagine this scenario.

Wilder and Knill spend time coming up with a load of new attacking set plays to use in our upcoming game against Wednesday. They also spend a lot of time on how we’re going to defend set plays against said opposition. The game comes around and none of our attacking set plays work and we lose the game to a headed goal from a corner. After game Wednesday’s manager comes out and says “yeah we knew exactly what they were going to do from free kicks and corners and we knew how they were going to defend our free kicks and corners, oh and we also knew exactly who would be in their starting line up because we’ve been spying on their training sessions all week”.

How many on here are going to be saying, fair enough, I have no problem with that?
If there was no advantage why do it?

Of course there's an advantage,Thurs Friday is when clubs work o n there shape and set pieces.
The spies are trespassing that's an offenceoffence can't see anything happening from it though.
Leeds were cheats in Revie era things don't change much do they ?

Are there any company laws being broken by this? Commercial espionage? It would surely be against the law for a company to send an employee to spy on a board meeting of a competitor company?
If someone could stand on public land and witness, even hear, a company board meeting, then I can't see how it would be illegal.

If there was no advantage why do it?

Of course there's an advantage,Thurs Friday is when clubs work o n there shape and set pieces.
The spies are trespassing that's an offenceoffence can't see anything happening from it though.
Leeds were cheats in Revie era things don't change much do they ?
When did they trespass?

Bielsa was only 'honest' once he'd been found out. Pretty sure if his spy hadn't been rumbled it would have continued for the whole season. I'm equally certain if Leeds were promoted he wouldn't have thought about being 'honest' at the end of the season.

Revie kept a dossier. Jack Charlton kept a little black book. Bielsa employs a spy.

For Leeds it goes with the territory.

Bielsa was only 'honest' once he'd been found out. Pretty sure if his spy hadn't been rumbled it would have continued for the whole season. I'm equally certain if Leeds were promoted he wouldn't have thought about being 'honest' at the end of the season.

Revie kept a dossier. Jack Charlton kept a little black book. Bielsa employs a spy.

For Leeds it goes with the territory.
And Sheffield United send people to listen at doors.

Unless everyone else is doing it then it’s an unfair advantage

Everyone could be doing it, who knows?

Besides, I'm not sure I agree with the logic "Unless everyone else is doing it then it's an unfair advantage" - what if another club adopts some cutting edge sports science nobody else uses? Are they cheating or are they inavative?

I assumed you were making the argument that it wasn’t that bad because it’s no worse than feigning injury or diving

I'm not saying it's not bad, I don't like it, I just don't get the fuss.

I've seen people talk about points deductions and "bringing the game into disrepute" - as far as I'm concerned, simulation is worse.

He got caught with them at one place, he's since admitted to spying on ALL teams, what's to say he hasn't used them at let's say our club? Or Ipswich. It's a disgraceful thing to do and shows the lack of sportsmanship the guy has. And the amount of disrespect he has towards a "lower english league" do this in the premiership and he'd be strung up.

Mourinho reportedly did it in the PL and my guess is he's not the only one.

I don't particularly agree that it's disgraceful anyway, but each to their own.

Not a law as such but it says on bbc sport that in could contravene the Clubs Charter that everyone signed in 2017

Fair enough - are there any repercussions for not following the charter, to your knowledge?

Leeds might get lucky cause there no actual rule stating this bit should they be docked points definitiey

Strange logic...

If someone could stand on public land and witness, even hear, a company board meeting, then I can't see how it would be illegal.
And if you did it by entering private land? I went to Villa's training ground a few years ago, and had to stop and say who I was to a man at a barrier before being allowed in.

I don't believe for a minute that Leeds are the only club that do this, the only reason it's become an issue is because it's Frank Lampards Derby County.

The bloke was watching the training session from a public footpath, that isn't spying. Mick the Rawmarsh Owl called FH tonight to say he's done the same thing on more than one occasion.

I've never been up to our training ground but apparently you can see what's going off from the road.

Yes. And Sheffield United deliberately get players sent off in order to get a game abandoned.

The Madine issue has quietened down so let's use this opportunity of knocking our club.
Eh? Are you saying that the stories of listening at doors are all made up? And are you saying that no one is every allowed to mention anything that United does in a negative way, ever, because it's "knocking our club"?

And if you did it by entering private land? I went to Villa's training ground a few years ago, and had to stop and say who I was to a man at a barrier before being allowed in.
I'm not sure what your point is. Who entered private land to spy on training? Or, who lied about who they were to get in to see a training session?

The bloke was watching the training session from a public footpath, that isn't spying. Mick the Rawmarsh Owl called FH tonight to say he's done the same thing on more than one occasion.
Yeah but that was Sheffield Girls High School U14's netball practice.

Reading between the lines.....

Allegedly.

Who's to say there isn't hidden microphones in the away teams changing rooms ? Do the FA / match day officials sweep them ? What's to stop anyone using a drone from distance to view what's going on the training pitch ? To many probables and possibilities and virtually zero chance of stopping it. What's next ? No visiting teams personnel allowed to watch a rivals match day ?

Back
Top Bottom