Leeds are fallin apart again 2019

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair, that was masterful.

In explaining his appraoch he's also stitched Lampard up something proper using his team as the continuous example.

What a great response.

Storm in a tea cup. End of the day, it comes down to winning individual battles.

He’s just given every other club a heads up when playing Derby, Frank May have to change his tactics. Good luck for the rest of the season :)

All sorts goes off in the game when trying to gain small advantages (on and off the pitch).

He’s just shown what a massive over reaction this whole thing is, hope it’s the end of it now it’s boring as fuck (apart from that press conference)

Surely, spying on a closed door training session would be cheating under FA Rules? Ungentlemanly conduct is an offence under FA rules ffs.

Football is a business. Stealing business secrets is a criminal offence isn't it? Corporate espionage?

To be fair, that was masterful.

In explaining his appraoch he's also stitched Lampard up something proper using his team as the continuous example.

What a great response.

Storm in a tea cup. End of the day, it comes down to winning individual battles.

He’s buggered Frank Lampard’s Derby County in front of the country’s press, and not had the common decency to give a reach around. :D

It's definitely wrong. We can't have a situation where every club is employing people to go and spy on the other clubs.
Isn’t the best spying watching them play a competitive game though? And all clubs do that.

I don’t see a problem with it tbh. Unless they leave perfume bottles of Novichok lying around.

With his knowledge somebody was willing to break the law of the country to get this possible advantage by cutting their way into private property - 27 times.

Sorry what? You're saying that he knew someone was planning to break in to private property 27 times? Based on what, that the bloke was carrying pliers?

Sorry what? You're saying that he knew someone was planning to break in to private property 27 times? Based on what, that the bloke was carrying pliers?
Why else would you carry pliers around a secured area? He's hardly pulling teeth.

I have to hand it to bielsa - everyone thinks he’s about to resign then he reveals he has a dossier for every team and he’s spied on them all!

I don’t see the issue - what advantage would he gain from watching us for example - 95% of the time we could all name who’s gonna play and the formation and tactics are hardly a secret are they.

He’s trying to get an advantage over his opponents, fair play.

Think there'll be a punishment but I'd be surprised to see anything as severe as a points deduction unless all the clubs get together and make a massive stink about it.

A rule will be inserted into the laws at the next opportunity though.

There's no doubt he'd gain an advantage from a training session though, to say it's not the biggest advantage he gets from the work his staff do may be true but doesn't mean it's insignificant.

Then create a rule against it.
Maybe they need to but I'd have thought it must be covered by something like bringing the game into disrepute or the requirement to act in good faith towards other clubs.
There can't be many sports that have specific rules that say thou shalt not spy on your opponents, it's likely to be covered by a more general, catch-all regulation.

Why else would you carry pliers around a secured area? He's hardly pulling teeth.
There could be various reasons, but even if it was to help gain access to somewhere, it could be gaining access to public land or waste ground. He's sneaking around places and could have stuck them in his pocket just in case he needed them, without any intention to break into private property. The accusation was that Bielsa knew he was going to break into private property, which is an even greater assumption.

Isn’t the best spying watching them play a competitive game though? And all clubs do that.

I don’t see a problem with it tbh. Unless they leave perfume bottles of Novichok lying around.

That's not spying, that's doing something anyone on the planet can do.

I see the argument that this is an overreaction however, imagine this scenario.

Wilder and Knill spend time coming up with a load of new attacking set plays to use in our upcoming game against Wednesday. They also spend a lot of time on how we’re going to defend set plays against said opposition. The game comes around and none of our attacking set plays work and we lose the game to a headed goal from a corner. After game Wednesday’s manager comes out and says “yeah we knew exactly what they were going to do from free kicks and corners and we knew how they were going to defend our free kicks and corners, oh and we also knew exactly who would be in their starting line up because we’ve been spying on their training sessions all week”.

How many on here are going to be saying, fair enough, I have no problem with that?

I have to hand it to bielsa - everyone thinks he’s about to resign then he reveals he has a dossier for every team and he’s spied on them all!

I don’t see the issue - what advantage would he gain from watching us for example - 95% of the time we could all name who’s gonna play and the formation and tactics are hardly a secret are they.

Again, if he doesn’t get anything from it why would he bother?

Easiest thing to do to spy would be just to get a couple of people in the vicinity to video with drones all day long.

Hassenhutl will be writing a cheque for outsourced scouting work right now.

Bet Lumphead wishes he'd never mentioned it.

Bielsa admitted today he sends someone the day before the match to try and find out
The opposition teams starting line up
Their set piece tactics and corner routines
And special tactics being practiced for individual players.

Some teams switch players and switch tactics from match to match.
So knowing this information gives you a small advantage
And that small advantage can turn a defeat into a draw or a draw into a win.

However as there’s no specific rule about it then I don’t see what can be done apart from a warning slap on the wrist.

I see the argument that this is an overreaction however, imagine this scenario.

Wilder and Knill spend time coming up with a load of new attacking set plays to use in our upcoming game against Wednesday. They also spend a lot of time on how we’re going to defend set plays against said opposition. The game comes around and none of our attacking set plays work and we lose the game to a headed goal from a corner. After game Wednesday’s manager comes out and says “yeah we knew exactly what they were going to do from free kicks and corners and we knew how they were going to defend our free kicks and corners, oh and we also knew exactly who would be in their starting line up because we’ve been spying on their training sessions all week”.

How many on here are going to be saying, fair enough, I have no problem with that?
Which is a valid question. It has to be countered, however, with the alternative scenario of news emerging that SUFC have been sending people to spy on other teams. How many on here would be calling for the EFL to dock us points?

Teams train how they are going to specifically play against their next opponents. In secret. People were going nuts about leaking of team sheets on here. This is leaking team sheet, formation, style of play, marking etc etc

Big teams can't be beaten as any counter measure would already be nullified.

Apparently suggesting it breaks the club charter. Whatever that is!!
Apparently signed by all clubs in 2018

Can we take it that Leeds will be happy to invite other team’s spies into their own training facilities in future?

Back
Top Bottom