Killa

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houso

Reaction score
Rumours on a couple of boards that he'll be announced as signing for Newcastle on loan with view to perm tomorrow morning.

Wouldn't be surprised... nor disappointed now that we've all had time to get used to the idea.

Just had a text this minute from my Newcastle supporting mate saying he's been up at St James Park today.

Sorry, I mean the SportsDirect.com@St James Park Stadium...

He'd get a LOT of goods from SportsDirect with what he asked us for!

can't see this happening by end of tomorrow, there would have been more widespread speculation by now

He'd get a LOT of goods from SportsDirect with what he asked us for!

yes but he wouldnt be able to buy ANYTHING with the amount we offered him, would he??

yes but he wouldnt be able to buy ANYTHING with the amount we offered him, would he??

He'd be able to improve on his already lavish lifestyle with what we offered him.

Fair play to the lad, if he can get more money and thats what he wants, then fair enough.

To Sheffield United, I don't think he's worth the amount he's asking us for.

I've heard people describe him as one of the best defenders we've had in the last 10 years. I don't think he's all that and certainly not irreplacable. I'm really not that fussed to be honest

This is all from a oft-right poster on Pork Talk, but...

Actually you can temporarily remove this thread, the deal has broken down at the final hurdle. Kevin McBlade has decided that they are not getting enough for him and he was another 7 figure sum on top of the agreed fee

We have a lack of depth in the squad, people only just coming back from injuries (not match fit and could possibly breakdown again) and at the loan limit for how many can be played so why are we looking to loan people out before Jan? It doesn't make sense to me.

By all means if we've got replacement lined up sell them on in Jan but given our current situation it seems riduculous to reduce the squad further

I think you can read this a number of ways.
Firstly Killa hasn't been playing well and in current form would be no loss however we need cover. Unlike many on here I quite like Davies and wouldn't be too worried about Davies staying and Naysmith coming back to play left back short term. If we need the money it's better to dump Killa than lose Ward.

However IF investment is around the corner then make him stay and build a defence with the funding come January. If this funding is substantial we should offer him the original deal or let him leave for nothing.

I can't decide which way to go as we don't have most of the facts.

I've heard people describe him as one of the best defenders we've had in the last 10 years. I don't think he's all that and certainly not irreplacable. I'm really not that fussed to be honest

He was awful to start with, came good when paired alongside Cahill and has continued to be a good performer up until his recent lapses. To be honest, on his best form, I think he is only behind Jags and Cahill (who I would say was the best since Joe Shaw) in the last 10 years and is well worth a shot at the Prem. Fall below his best form and he's nowhere near Premiership standard and not as good as Morgan.

I rate Killa but i personally wouldn't pt him anywhere near Jagielka or Cahill. I also rate Morgan as a better defender than him too.

Maybe not then...

Matthew Kilgallon remains on Newcastle United's radar – but Chris Hughton has ruled out a deadline day loan move for the Sheffield United centre-back.
Instead, the Blades' former Leeds defender (pictured, above) could be a target in the January transfer window.

It was today reported Kilgallon was on the bring of joining Newcastle today before the loan window shuts with a view to a permanent deal
ADVERTISEMENT
in January.

Hughton has admitted an interested for Kilgallon, who is out of contract next summer.

But he played down the report, and suggested he is prepared to keep his power dry until the next transfer window, when he plans to bring in a central defender.

"I'm not sure where that one came from," Hughton said.

"At the moment, we are where we are, and I don't anticipate anyone coming in.

"Kilgallon's one of a few players that we've had an interest in, but I don't anticipate anything being done today.

"The bigger time for us is the window, and we've got to make sure we do the right business then. I don't think anyone will be going out, either."

York-born Kilgallon has been offered a new Bramall Lane contract.
With talks stalled, the 25-year-old is widely tipped to leave in January so the Blades can recoup a fee.

I'd say mid/late period Murphenbauer was better than Killgallon too.

I think Murphy falls into the bloodline of Colquhoun, McPhail, Morgan (i.e. power and no frills) and Killa belongs in the Joe Shaw, David Powell, Jags/Cahill line (i.e. more brains than brawn and can recognise that a ball isn't just for putting your foot through in any direction).

Horses for courses but I always preferred the second group but happy for them to play alongside the first.

I think Murphy falls into the bloodline of Colquhoun, McPhail, Morgan (i.e. power and no frills) and Killa belongs in the Joe Shaw, David Powell, Jags/Cahill line (i.e. more brains than brawn and can recognise that a ball isn't just for putting your foot through in any direction).

Horses for courses but I always preferred the second group but happy for them to play alongside the first.

Personally I think Killa has become one of the main culprits of 'putting his foot through it' maybe this is because he has been told to do so.

Did anyone see the footage of him walking his dog that Sky showed yesterday when they were interviewing Hughton. He (Killa not Hughton. Or the dog.) appeared to be wearing a snood.
Reason enough for letting him go.

A snood - like these two women in a Texas Naval Air Base are wearing in 1942?

Attachments

• Two women at a Texas Naval Air Base in 1942 wearing snoods.gif
    Two women at a Texas Naval Air Base in 1942 wearing snoods.gif
    45.7 KB · Views: 139
More like the one below, but just worn round his neck. He looked a bit of a chuff anyway.

If Killa is reading this he you also co-ordinate with your pooch....

Attachments

• Snood[0].jpg
    Snood[0].jpg
    7 KB · Views: 219
  • SNOOD[1].jpg
    SNOOD[1].jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 219
Did anyone see the footage of him walking his dog that Sky showed yesterday when they were interviewing Hughton. He (Killa not Hughton. Or the dog.) appeared to be wearing a snood.
Reason enough for letting him go.

yeah lets get shut of kilgallon cos after all, fortune is brilliant
isnt he. jesus!

He was good at Bristol and like i said in an earlier post ran over to the fans when hendo scored the winner - looked the most interested he has been in a while but maybe he was being watched who knows? Truth is there is something going on behind the scenes at the mo and we will be the last to know!

i get the feeling he's been levered out

If refusing to pay him the ridiculous sums he's asking for is levering him out, then yeah, we are levering him out :)

Back
Top Bottom