Killa

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sun reporting that Celtic are 'entering the race' for his signature along with Wigan, Bolton and Burnley - with Newcastle beliving they have won the race.

No names no pack drill, but winger, ginger, likes a drink.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.

Is it really that ridiculous if there are at least 5 other clubs queueing up to pay it?

As much as I'd like us to keep Killa, it's ridiculous enough for me to be very disapointed if we matched his demands.

As much as I'd like us to keep Killa, it's ridiculous enough for me to be very disapointed if we matched his demands.

Foxy, would you be happy to keep Killa for the rest of the season on his existing deal, rather than take a relative pittance for him? Seems the best option to me at the moment (if paying him what he's asking for is off the agenda, that is).

That would suggest that his request isn't ridiculous, you just don't think the club should pay Premiership level wages for Premiership level players.

That would suggest that his request isn't ridiculous, you just don't think the club should pay Premiership level wages for Premiership level players.

It is ridiculous.

Killa is currently a championship level player, who has shown glimpses of being better than that.

His wage demands and bonuses are those of a Premiership player who is consistantly performing well in the Premiership.

I don't think we should meet his demands because I feel they are currently too high for him as a player. Certainly when you take into consideration our current position and finances and the effect that bowing to his demands would have on the rest of the squad and any potential signings.

If he can get what he's asking for elsewhere, fair play to him, I'd rather not Sheffield United take on the burden, whatever our ambitions.

It is nice to sign/keep players who people may believe are "Premiership quality", but there has to be a limit on how we risk to achieve that.

Well that was my point.

We probably shouldn't be paying it, but if 5 other clubs are willing to pay it, it isn't ridiculous, it's his market value.

It's entirely possible it can be both isn't it?

Well there we are then! Now stop falling out and let's all have a group hug.

Ha! Since it's Xmas :)

I do think Killa is probably worth what he's asking though. He's a Premiership player and that's where we want to be apparently. People balked at Beattie's wages, but we'd have gone up if we'd have kept him last season.

Who's falling out? :)

Ha! Since it's Xmas :)

I do think Killa is probably worth what he's asking though. He's a Premiership player and that's where we want to be apparently. People balked at Beattie's wages, but we'd have gone up if we'd have kept him last season.

Out of interest, what do you think he's worth?

Base weekly wages + bonuses?

Given we're a Championship club and we're looking to cut our cloth, i'd pay him no more than about 13k a week. I'm guessing he's asking for around 20k plus

It is ridiculous.

Killa is currently a championship level player, who has shown glimpses of being better than that.

His wage demands and bonuses are those of a Premiership player who is consistantly performing well in the Premiership.

I don't think we should meet his demands because I feel they are currently too high for him as a player. Certainly when you take into consideration our current position and finances and the effect that bowing to his demands would have on the rest of the squad and any potential signings.

If he can get what he's asking for elsewhere, fair play to him, I'd rather not Sheffield United take on the burden, whatever our ambitions.

It is nice to sign/keep players who people may believe are "Premiership quality", but there has to be a limit on how we risk to achieve that.
Spot on Foxy.

Can't say I like his demanding attitude in all this. He's not worth the hassle, so let him go if that's what he wants.

Who's falling out? :)

Out of interest, what do you think he's worth?

Base weekly wages + bonuses?

I couldn't answer that without a list of all our player's wages, a list of transfer targets (with information on the likelihood of a possible transfer) and probable wage demands, a copy of our budget and a discussion with Mccabe about his plans for the next few months. Daily Mirror figures are meaningless.

But the point was that there's a difference between what he's worth and what we could and should pay him.

I couldn't answer that without a list of all our player's wages, a list of transfer targets (with information on the likelihood of a possible transfer) and probable wage demands, a copy of our budget and a discussion with Mccabe about his plans for the next few months. Daily Mirror figures are meaningless.

But the point was that there's a difference between what he's worth and what we could and should pay him.

Then how do you know he's worth what he's asking? :D

I'm of the opinion that he's asking more than he's worth, but then i'm priveleged with trustworthy info as to what this is :)

I wondered on the figure you had in mind, so that I could tell you whether Killa himself thinks he's worth more or less than you do.

The same way I know how much my house is worth - it's the amount people are willing to pay.

His agent knows what's what. He'll get what he's asking for from someone.

He is asking close to £30K a week, and we can't afford it.

Also I'd like to know what evidence this is that we would of gone up if we'd of kept Beattie.

Implied keep on talking about that there are club that will pay it but they aren't in our league apart for Newcastle who have a wage bill over 6 times what we have.

The deal for the Kyles was a great piece of business, I still can't see how fans can't see that £3-4 million for a player who has played 5 championship matches isn't a good deal. Plus double that for a player who has played 30-40 championship matches.

Especially selling them to Tottenham who have a record of not getting the best from these young players. Naughtons played 1 minute of football this season and personally I just hope the rumour is right about him coming in place of Walker in Jan.

We could yet end up getting these guys back and still have the money in the bank.
While Tottenhams record with Hutton, Bale, and Gunter you can't rule out them coming back home if we got promoted in the next 18 months.

He is asking close to £30K a week, and we can't afford it.

Also I'd like to know what evidence this is that we would of gone up if we'd of kept Beattie.

Implied keep on talking about that there are club that will pay it but they aren't in our league apart for Newcastle who have a wage bill over 6 times what we have.

Here we go again!

If clubs will pay it, then that's what he's worth. It doesn't mean we can afford it, or should pay it if we could. I never said that we should.

It's not ridiculous, or over ambitious on his part, we just have a very good player who we can't afford to keep.

As for Beattie, as you well know there isn't any 'evidence' that he would have scored the goals needed to get us promoted. It's a personal opinion that happens to be shared by the majority of our fans (in my experience) and is also supported by the fact that the management didn't want him to leave.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom