Killa

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Like Camara did ?. It would have been a lot cheaper to keep Kyle 1 and put him in the middle.

It might have been cheaper, but it isn't normally a good idea to keep a player against his will.

Remember Devlin's last games for us?

In my opinion he isn't worth 30K a week, I don't think he has proven himself a decent Premiership standard centre half and that's too much money for a good Championship standard player.

As for BT I think if you check the stats we results improved after BT left but they player wanted to leave. What else could we do keep an unhappy player on crippling wages?

I don't think that particular 'statistic' means anything - definitely not what you're getting from it, that Beattie somehow held us back.

But that's by the by.

No I don't think we should have kept him against his will, but I do think it's a shame we can't afford to pay these players what they are worth.

For me it just highlights what a good position we were in with the parachute money, compared to now and how devastating the appointment of Bryan Robson was.

Beattie was getting what he was worth, he just wouldn't wait until the end of the season to discuss a new deal.
It's not like Stoke offered him loads more money, just more years on his contract.

P.S never mentioned BT was holding us back, that would be a strange opinion.

Out of interest, what do you think he's worth?

Base weekly wages + bonuses?

It's not about what we think he is worth. It would seem other teams are willing to pay him what he is 'worth'.

Should we match these demands? It's hard to say without all the facts available to us.

Can't say I like his demanding attitude in all this. He's not worth the hassle, so let him go if that's what he wants.

What 'demanding attitude'?
Are you at first hand knowing what he is demanding? Or how badly he is demanding it?
I remember Killa stating he wasn't yet offered a new contract.

Implied keep on talking about that there are club that will pay it but they aren't in our league apart for Newcastle who have a wage bill over 6 times what we have.

It's irrelevant what league these teams are in.
A way to look at this is..... if Killa goes for a nominal fee of say £600k because his contract is expiring. Let's say he is on approx 12k per week at the moment.

To get a replacement in at Killas level will probably cost us hmmm maybe £2 million (I wouldn't say that is unreasonable). On lets say £18k a week.

If indeed he is asking for the reported £28k per week, it will take us approx 3 years to re-coup the £1.4 million deficit. Which I would assume is how long Killa is wishing his new contract.

A way to look at this is..... if Killa goes for a nominal fee of say £600k because his contract is expiring. Let's say he is on approx 12k per week at the moment.

To get a replacement in at Killas level will probably cost us hmmm maybe £2 million (I wouldn't say that is unreasonable). On lets say £18k a week.

If indeed he is asking for the reported £28k per week, it will take us approx 3 years to re-coup the £1.4 million deficit. Which I would assume is how long Killa is wishing his new contract.

If Killa stays for his reported £30k per week and increased bonuses and a fairly hefty signing bonus, a 3 year contract will cost the club in the region of £6m.

Take Kallio as a possible/realistic replacement. No fee or a nominal fee, a smallish signing fee and £18k a week with similar bonuses to now will cost the club about half around £3.2m. That would be a very generous offer in our current position, and the real offer will probably be considerably less, but when you compare those two totals it's not hard to see why the club are baulking at Killas demands. And of course if Killa is given that sort of contract, others will be demanding a similar increase.

Newcastle are obviously doing what we did in the first season down and gambling the parachute payments on big salaries to go straight back up. Difference is they have probably got the right manager to do it :(

If Killa stays for his reported £30k per week and increased bonuses and a fairly hefty signing bonus, a 3 year contract will cost the club in the region of £6m.

Take Kallio as a possible/realistic replacement. No fee or a nominal fee, a smallish signing fee and £18k a week with similar bonuses to now will cost the club about half around £3.2m. That would be a very generous offer in our current position, and the real offer will probably be considerably less, but when you compare those two totals it's not hard to see why the club are baulking at Killas demands.

Kallio is one possible replacement and I think we should be signing him as well as another CB though (thats if Killa was to leave).

I wouldn't see Kallio as as good as Killa (I may be wrong of course), and he is also about 5 and a half year older too - so no re-sale value.

The deal for the Kyles was a great piece of business

for the club. Not for the team.

It was also a lousy piece of business if you want us to have a good defence both this year and going forward.

Football wise, the Naughton deal has done Spurs no good and has been a bad deal for both United and the player.

It was also silly to sell a player under contract when it was nigh on certain that another key defender was shortly to be out of contract and would leave.

But I know, we couldn't keep him here when he wanted to go and we are powerless in the face of agents and all that flannel...

s given that sort of contract, others will be demanding a similar increase.

Newcastle are obviously doing what we did in the first season down and gambling the parachute payments on big salaries to go straight back up. Difference is they have probably got the right manager to do it :(

They also have a £60 Million wage bill which also might have something more to do with it. I wouldn't say their manager is any better than ours to be honest.
Just a lucky guy who had a first team on so much money no one could afford to take them off their hands. I'll give him that he seems to have motivated them but with honest pro's like Butt, Nolan, Smith, Taylor, Harper coupled with youngsters like Carroll, Ranger etc I think Blackie would of gotten promotion. Plus you have to question a manager who signed shite like Harewood.

I think 60 million is about right, a Newcastle fan told me this week that they still have a wage bill that puts them in the top 6 in the PL!

Sean St Ledger has returned to PNE after falling out with Strachan at Boro, ideal replacement for Killa IMO

Sean St Ledger has returned to PNE after falling out with Strachan at Boro, ideal replacement for Killa IMO
I haven't heard of a falling out mate. Isn't it just the 93 day rule dictating that he goes back to PNE until 1 January 2010 and he then signs permanently?

A few suggestions: Mills, Williamson, Kallio, Shotton?

I haven't heard of a falling out mate. Isn't it just the 93 day rule dictating that he goes back to PNE until 1 January 2010 and he then signs permanently?

A few suggestions: Mills, Williamson, Kallio, Shotton?

Yep, he could play for them tomorrow but will be back to Boro by the weekend. Apparently the deal is around £4M so well, well out of our league !

I think 60 million is about right, a Newcastle fan told me this week that they still have a wage bill that puts them in the top 6 in the PL!

£60 million on a squad of 30 is average £40k a week.

I just can't see it.

£60 million on a squad of 30 is average £40k a week.

I just can't see it.

A quick google search of "newcastle wage bill" found loads of articles from around the end of last season, stating they had the 5th highest wage bill in the PL and an annual wage bill of £74 million.

Obviously a load of the big earners have gone and no doubt some with big pay offs.

Just shows the mess they were/ are in.

Also see Duncdisorderly's thread about football economy

http://www.sheff-utd.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16416

A quick google search of "newcastle wage bill" found loads of articles from around the end of last season, stating they had the 5th highest wage bill in the PL and an annual wage bill of £74 million.

Obviously a load of the big earners have gone and no doubt some with big pay offs.

I'm not disputing previous big spending - but one player in Owen has come off their wage bill which was about £6 million per year.

Big earners remaining
Harper
Collocini
Nolan
Butt
Smith
Lovenkrands
Guttierez
Geremi
Taylor

I'd hazard a guess after reviewing that of a wage bill of approx £30 million.

I believe Smith is the highest earner on 60k per week. I don't envisage any of them other players coming close to that.

I was a great admirer of David Powell (tho I was nowt but a lad at the time) but what about Ian Mackenzie - remember him? Very good, seem to remember both their careers cut short by injury.

Blades could keep Kilgallon

Kevin Blackwell has admitted Matthew Kilgallon could remain with Sheffield United beyond the January transfer window.

The centre-back's contract is due to expire in the summer and the Blades have seen talks over a possible extension collapse.

Kilgallon will be free to leave Bramall Lane for nothing at the end of the season and it had been expected that he would be sold in January.

Celtic, Newcastle, Hull City, Burnley and Bolton have all been linked with a move for the talented defender.

The Steel City outfit do not want to lose one of their most marketable assets next month for less than what they feel is a fair value and have hinted they are prepared to retain his services.

Manager Blackwell has been more than happy with Kilgallon's on-field displays in recent weeks and could keep him on board to aid their play-off push.
Committed

Despite admitting he is 'fearful' the former Leeds defender will depart, Blackwell told the Sheffield Star: "I'm not resigned to losing him either.

"The chairman has made it quite plain that we're not going to be held to ransom so if anything does happen then it's got to be right for us.

"Because Killa is in the last five months of his deal he's in the driving seat. But that doesn't mean we will allow ourselves to be turned over, either.

"If he does stay then he's shown with his performances of late that he's professional and committed.

"The situation did affect him a while ago but for the past seven or eight games he's been right back in the groove again.

"This is a damn good club," added Blackwell, "And one which is capable of going places. But the one thing I can't offer Killa at the moment is Premiership football."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5808239,00.html

I'm not disputing previous big spending - but one player in Owen has come off their wage bill which was about £6 million per year.

Big earners remaining
Harper
Collocini
Nolan
Butt
Smith
Lovenkrands
Guttierez
Geremi
Taylor

I'd hazard a guess after reviewing that of a wage bill of approx £30 million.

I believe Smith is the highest earner on 60k per week. I don't envisage any of them other players coming close to that.

I bet Collocini and Guttierez aren't far behind Smudger

Killa won't get the deal he's after, and he won't at any other club. His attitude and outlook needs to change. He's not consistant enough, but thinks it's everyone else.

Kilgallon handed one week deadline!

Just come across this on the orange site......

Sheffield United have handed Matthew Kilgallon a one-week deadline to decide whether he is quitting the club.

Kilgallon, who is out of contract in the summer, refused to sign a new deal at Bramall Lane in October and is expected to leave during the January transfer window.

Newcastle are believed to be leading the chase for the former Leeds man and Blackwell wants Kilgallon to make a decision on his future during next month's transfer window.

"There has been a real grapevine of whispers of where 'Killa' may or may not go, but all I know is that unless there is a proper bid he stays here," said Blackwell.

"There's a strong possibility that he could go, but at this stage I'm not resigned to it. What I do want is clarity on the situation because it's frustrating having to cover all the bases.

"We have given Matt and his agent one week to decide if they are determined that he moves on.

"We have a club to run and if by the end of the first week in January he's still here he will be staying unless something unforeseen happens."

linky http://orange.football365.com/Story/0,17169,8704_5814459,00.html

:)

Back
Top Bottom