Outgoing? Kean Bryan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Incredible after such a car crash of a season many fans seem to be wanting to keep so many?

Bryan is out of contract. He has about 3 good games in 3 seasons and barely played. Why would be consider keeping him? He is clearly pretty rubbish. Technically not great, erratic. Yes he has put the odd decent cross in now and again but even in games he played this here (WBA, Chelsea) he made huge errorrs costing us goals. Rather have Gordon or one of Academy lads as back up personally if we are trimming the squad.

If we release him, as surely we would, I do not see a big queue round the block to secure his services and am fairly confident he will spend most of his career Lg 1/2

Incredible after such a car crash of a season many fans seem to be wanting to keep so many?

Bryan is out of contract. He has about 3 good games in 3 seasons and barely played. Why would be consider keeping him? He is clearly pretty rubbish. Technically not great, erratic. Yes he has put the odd decent cross in now and again but even in games he played this here (WBA, Chelsea) he made huge errorrs costing us goals. Rather have Gordon or one of Academy lads as back up personally if we are trimming the squad.

If we release him, as surely we would, I do not see a big queue round the block to secure his services and am fairly confident he will spend most of his career Lg 1/2
Injury prone as well, seems unable to play consecutive games. We can do a lot better

Just like to congratulate him on the birth of his child, good luck and all the best wishes to kean and his family

Totally agree. Apart from perhaps Slater, who is still young, the retained list hardly even requires sit down meetings with those out of contract.

Even Slater may prefer to move on to get regular games though I suppose re-signing and loaning is an option if we see potential but not quite yet to be a regular. He did force his way into the XI at the League One winners in the end.

Lundstram didn't manage as much in the Championship but then forced his way into the PL team so it's not inconceivable a new manager might take a shine to him.

I'd keep Slater cos I think there might become a decent player - he found his position at Hull and has been playing well for a team that we will be competing against next season.

The rest who are out of contract, should all be released, with the possible exception of Jags who I wouldn't mind us retaining if it was a case of him moving into some sort of coaching role if he fancies it.

Would be a good move for him he still won’t get in our team if JOC is back get ya passport out Sophie Webster

Depends on the budget. If there's is money available to upgrade on him, then pull that contact offer. But I'm beginning to think we don't have a lot of extra funds sitting around.

Depends on the budget. If there's is money available to upgrade on him, then pull that contact offer. But I'm beginning to think we don't have a lot of extra funds sitting around.
But do we want another player dictating how we operate, leaving us until last day of transfer window wondering if need to get another body in or not.

Are we making the same mistake all over again with Bryan that we did with Lunny? Seems like contract just been left open on table for player to decide. I would seriously consider pulling the contract offer if hasn't committed yet.
Leaving a contract offer for a squad player early in pre-season when we haven't done any recruitment yet is nothing like making a guy who doesn't give a shit a key player for the entire season without bringing in anyone to replace him. The main difference is he's out of contract already so if he leaves it too long we can pull the plug and he's jobless, it won't drag on like Lundstram.

But do we want another player dictating how we operate, leaving us until last day of transfer window wondering if need to get another body in or not.
Definitely not. But if we are playing with limited funds, I wouldn't want that to impact recruitment in other areas. Don't get me wrong, if we have funds to replace him... Good riddance to him.

Why are you beginning to think that? Because our new manager who started work less than a week ago hasn’t signed any new players yet?

Why are you beginning to think that? Because our new manager who started work less than a week ago hasn’t signed any new players yet?
I don't think it's anything new that we have a limited budget......
Bryan is nothing more than a backup, and at this level should be a more than capable backup. Why spend money having to replace him when you can use those funds elsewhere?? Like in our midfield....

As players are back in training it will soon be concluded.
S L wont be happy at this situation.The player has the right to review his options.
Will be a surprise if it's not concluded this weekend.

He's training away from the team - I'd be very surprised if he doesn't move on. He'll just be finalising the details of his deal (with WBA??)

I’ve had no time for this waste of spunk ever since he muscled his way into the front of all the promotion celebration videos, despite contributing literally nothing.

I get that he’s cheap back up, but so is Jack Robinson who, despite not being the greatest player in the world, is twice the one Bryan is and got bags of Championship experience.

Thanks for the goal at Old Trafford. That was lovely. Now pull the offer and fuck him off to his natural habitat; carrying his famous wifes shopping bags around Manchester, the reverse-WAG wanker.

To be fair, Jokanovic has bluntly said "he needs to make up his mind quickly. if he wants to leave he can leave..." I don't think we're going to get messed about by Bryan.

For what it's worth, I think he's an asset in the squad. But I don't think he should stay for the sake of his own career.

The fact we're offering him a contract almost certainky means JOC won't be back anytime soon, if at all. We have so many left sided players.

The championship has a lot of high balls to defend and he showed numerous times last season that he struggled to deal with this type of defending as well has having games when he seemed to need to have 3 seconds to think before he acted / got the ball away.

Hope he moves on. I think we can do better for that position.

The championship has a lot of high balls to defend and he showed numerous times last season that he struggled to deal with this type of defending as well has having games when he seemed to need to have 3 seconds to think before he acted / got the ball away.

Hope he moves on. I think we can do better for that position.

Agree and for the same reason don't see RND, Robinson and particularly Stevens as viable options for LCB. Utd really struggled without JOC's dominance in the air last season (think of how many soft goals were conceded from crosses and set-pieces) and understandably seem to be looking to recruit a more dominant player

Bryan is pictured in a Manchester Evening News "story" out with his missus. He is described as a premier league footballer which is wrong on several counts

Yep, Klopp just bought him to piss us off.

And will be on a very decent wage at Liverpool. One of his main reasons for not wanting to join Utd was to avoid a salary cut following relegation that would put him only just in front of his salary at Preston.

I still think he'd be a good fit in terms of the type of player he is and that JOC is still seemingly a long way off. but can't see how they'd resolve the salary issue.

Back
Top Bottom