Outgoing? Kean Bryan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
(From what i have seen )

His contract expires Jun 30th 2021,what do folks think will happen with him,will he be offered a new contract,released or could he sign a pre contract this Jan with another club where he will get more game time,wonder whats going on in his mind,he knows as soon as JOC is back fit the best he will hope for is a seat on the bench.

Probably get offered another contract.

He will probably be released at the end of his contract. JOC will be back, depending on which league we are in Robinson may be good enough cover.

It's a strange situation, at 24 years of age, you would think he wants first team football (somewhere) or at least to make the bench and be brought on regularly.

He's done OK, hasn't looked completely out of his depth and has shown that he is one of the few players in our squad who can cross the ball well. But I can't say he fills me with any confidence, which is perhaps unfair as none of them do presently. With a run of games, who knows

We'll have to see how things develop, I can see him being given an extended run unless he has a nightmare game or two given that Robinson has been cast out of the match day squad with a flea in his ear. I feel when Stevens is fit he has to go back to LWB, he is no LCB and while Osborn did OK yesterday he's not the answer at LWB either.

I think it depends on the player he’s never going to be a regular for us. If he’s comfortable being a rotational/cover piece then I expect we’ll look to extend him especially as jags and Rodwell are likely to move on soon. If not he’ll go somewhere like a Rotherham or Luton and play every week.

If we get relegated I can see JOC moving on and subsequently he could be the replacement.
Seen more of him in the last two matches and other than eArly game nerves against WBA I think he has done well. Man City would not have kept him in their academy for as long as they did if he did not have something.

As a lwb he would be ok if we were playing in league 1. As a lcb shocking.
If this is the quality of player that the club thinks will take us forward i despair. Having said that he is playing better Max Lowe another shocker at this level and apparently not much better in the Championship with Derby County.

As a lwb he would be ok if we were playing in league 1. As a lcb shocking.
If this is the quality of player that the club thinks will take us forward i despair. Having said that he is playing better Max Lowe another shocker at this level and apparently not much better in the Championship with Derby County.
Intrigued with your comments, cannot think of any mistakes he made against Leicester ?

Interesting sub plot. Potentially a straight shootout between him and Robinson.

I don't think JOC will go. Under contract for long enough and I doubt after his injury anyone will offer the money to make it worthwhile.

Only watched it the once so far.
However thought he was caught ball watching times with ball played over hinm, believe Egan had to come across to clear up. Also Leicester's first goal his position is suspect if he had pushed out wouldn't the goal scorer have been offside?

Only watched it the once so far.
However thought he was caught ball watching 3 times with ball played over him, believe Egan had to come across to clear up. Also Leicester's first goal his position is suspect if he had pushed out wouldn't the goal scorer have been offside?

Decent cover and can only improve as he gains match minutes.

Robinson is unlikely to improve and should be no-were the first 11 as he has 1 big mistake in him every game.

Jack Robinson is another who is a competent left full back in a middle to lower level Championship team. Agreed no where near Premier league standard.

Can't see the point of him to be fair?, weve got a Welsh international that should be playing, but instead hes at fucking Luton, why the fuck didnt we send Bryan to Luton and play RND!??

Robinson,where is he ? i reckon he is another player that has had words with Wilder,and lost.

You know Wilder will have told Robinson when he signed him (probably) you will be coming here as cover for JOC no ifs or buts,he signed.

JOC gets injured and he is playing,he makes mistakes (sometimes) and then bang Wilder ditches him for Lowe who in first game gets concussion so Robinson gets to play.

And then Stevens is moved inwards,gets injured,Ampadu is tried he gets injured,and then from knowhere Kean Bryan gets the place.

This is how dressing room unrest manifest's itself it dont take much.

robinson or bryan will go imo even if were in the championship doubt joc will be sold after his long injury only need 1 cover for lcb and enda can also cover there

Robinson,where is he ? i reckon he is another player that has had words with Wilder,and lost.

You know Wilder will have told Robinson when he signed him (probably) you will be coming here as cover for JOC no ifs or buts,he signed.

JOC gets injured and he is playing,he makes mistakes (sometimes) and then bang Wilder ditches him for Lowe who in first game gets concussion so Robinson gets to play.

And then Stevens is moved inwards,gets injured,Ampadu is tried he gets injured,and then from knowhere Kean Bryan gets the place.

This is how dressing room unrest manifest's itself it dont take much.
Robinson hasn't looked convincing. Don't think there's much between them, but Bryan looks to have a better touch and more composure. He also did well in pre season, so only fair he's given a go now.

I actually thought he played well on Sunday and he is better on the ball than Robinson.

May as well give the lad a run.

I actually thought he played well on Sunday and he is better on the ball than Robinson.

May as well give the lad a run.
Certainly chopping and changing won't help. At least he's athletic. It also means you can give the defence more protection with Ampadu in midfield.

Robinson hasn't looked convincing. Don't think there's much between them, but Bryan looks to have a better touch and more composure. He also did well in pre season, so only fair he's given a go now.
If Stevens is back on Sunday that will help Bryan further as he's been left isolated by Lowe's difficulties. Aside from slightly misjudging one long ball 11 minutes into his debut at West Brom and ending up in nomansland before Leicester's first Bryan has been fine.

I agree with people saying joc won’t move after the injury but I’m not sure it’s as simple as a shoot out between him and Robinson I’d expect us to bring in a minimum 2 possibly 3 centre backs in the summer regardless of division. Jags needs replacing whatever happens at least one player needs to come in to replace one of Kean/Robinson and Rodwell also bash will hit a wall athletically eventually it doesn’t have to be next year but it will come eventually so bringing in a player to groom in that role makes sense. In that context either Robinson or Bryan could end up as 7th choice centreback regardless.

Reviving an old thread.

I think he’s shown some glimpses this season, prefer him to Robinson as backup LCB.

He's fond OK I suppose but I dont really care whether he stays or goes tbh. Easy either way. He's hardly a nailed on starter.

I'd be inclined to give him another contract but it would be performance loaded.

No doubt the rumours are all agent driven as he's out of contract soon and I've not heard owt about us offering anything new yet.

Personally, despite dropping the odd clanger, I think he's done fairly well this season considering his lack of experience and being dropped into a poor side. I'd certainly prefer him at LCB to Robinson who has always looked well below the required standard to me and a poor fit to the formation and style of play.

Unfortunately, with the club's interested (which I must admit is a surprise - I was expecting mid-low Champ level interest), Utd will be unable to keep him for what they'd expect to and be prepared to pay.

Reviving an old thread.

I think he’s shown some glimpses this season, prefer him to Robinson as backup LCB.

Don’t think he particularly wants to stay can’t knock him for it he’s hardly got any football here but he’s been very professional during his displays so no hard feelings.

Reviving an old thread.

As a mancunian, Burnley would be perfect for him.

If he goes to Swansea though, the Webster sisters can be reunited.

Back
Top Bottom