Outgoing? Kean Bryan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All about opinions and not a problem of course if you disagree but personally, I think he's shown far more than Robinson during his performances this season and as such, I think he'd be worth keeping as an option for LCB, LB and LWB so yes, I would have looked to extend terms - I don't think he'd be anywhere near as exposed in the Champ as he has on occasion this season and I think it's a shame he will, in all likelihood, be lost for nothing.

Fair enough. I think he’s been well short this season, and far too slow in thought on the ball when used. But I wouldn’t be overly surprised if he could be a competent left back in the championship, given enough game time.

Given his very obvious shortcomings, I personally wouldn’t be questioning why the club haven’t offered him another contract, which would conservatively cost the club a half a million quid if there were no takers for him.

He's a left back. A team playing 442 he would hold his own, and if they get him in the final third he can deliver a decent cross. He could give Baldock a few lessons before he goes.
Didn't really need to spend money on Lowe. Bryan could have developed just as well in the role. Quick, strong, decent passer and crosser.

I'm not overly struck on Lowe tbh. I think it was a case of having to sign him to get Bogle out of the door at Derby and we thought he had some potential. A make weight in tbhe deal.

I'd be OK if we sold him. Bogle was always the one who was the quality player.

The fact that he's been here for 3 years surprises me. If someone in the PL wants him then good luck to them and him. If we need cover and he signs for a low wage then he might be worth keeping.

The fact that he's been here for 3 years surprises me. If someone in the PL wants him then good luck to them and him. If we need cover and he signs for a low wage then he might be worth keeping.
I think he’d be decent enough in the championship but I’m the same really, I’m not bothered either way. We’re not short of left sided players. I’d rather have a big fucker like JOC. Bryan looked OK in a three but I do want us to sign a left sided CH who looks like he could play in a two. I think JOC could have this season, if he hadn’t been injured, alongside Egan, but I’m not convinced about any of the others and I think that’s why we’ve been wedded to a back three.

I think we really need to think this through and ask ourselves...

Are we really in a position to let Sophie Webster leave on a free?

In those 3 years he's had 1, maybe 2 good games. It's not been great value for money has it?

I dont get the negativety towards Kean, learning his trade in the hardest league in the world, manager picks him before jags and ampadu, so he must be showing something. I think he has pace and a good engine, i for one would keep him for next season
Depends what kind of squad role he wants as a depth piece he’s very good as a starter I wouldn’t be comfortable with it in a promotion chasing side.

I heard a match commentator in one of our recent games say excitedly that Man City have a sell on clause,how he would know that i dont know,Citeh's owner must go to bed and dream of the wads of cash coming his way when owd KB is sold.

I heard a match commentator in one of our recent games say excitedly that Man City have a sell on clause,how he would know that i dont know,Citeh's owner must go to bed and dream of the wads of cash coming his way when owd KB is sold.

Well they won't receive much when he leaves a free agent in the summer. 20% of £0 isn't a lot.

As I've said on other threads, after this season, I'm so apathetic about who stays and who goes. Maybe Furious George is an exception, but I don't care if the entire squad left, or just 2 or 3...

Bryan sums this up. If he stays as a serviceable understudy to JOC at Championship level, then fine. If he goes, well, meh...

After 3 years he hasn't pulled up any trees, and imo we are debating whether we keep him as a squad player. I wouldn't bother, we need players who push the starting 11 for places, not who just fill in when the 1st team player can't play. Bryan has done OK, but if JOC was fit he'd be nowhere near the starting 11.

He's done OK, but can leave for me, we can replace him easily, and should be able to get a better player in who will keep JOC on his toes.

After 3 years he hasn't pulled up any trees, and imo we are debating whether we keep him as a squad player. I wouldn't bother, we need players who push the starting 11 for places, not who just fill in when the 1st team player can't play. Bryan has done OK, but if JOC was fit he'd be nowhere near the starting 11.

He's done OK, but can leave for me, we can replace him easily, and should be able to get a better player in who will keep JOC on his toes.
He's had some bad luck with injuries right from the start ! now seems fit and starting to show the potential Wilder saw in him at City.
Usually an option for a further year is written into contracts !I think it's worth taking that option as he really hasnt had the time (fit) to do himself justice.

If its a choice of Jack Robinson or Kean Bryan, then I'd go with Bryan. Its likely we'll let Bryan go as he will be a free agent and Robinson has a year left to run on his contract. I'd personally let Robinson go and on a free as well.

We're well served in that area of the field with Bryan, Stevens, Lowe, Robinson, O'Connell (if he's still here in August), RND coming back so we can cut at least 3 of them.
O'Connell is a must keep, RND has had a decent time of it in the Championship so would like to see him playing for us, don't care where the others go to be honest because they've all been somewhere between average and terrible.

I heard that at the time too, and thought it sounded odd. Assumed it was a ropey commentator confusing arses and elbows re Man City’s much publicised (and rather hilarious) “buy back” clause.

We're well served in that area of the field with Bryan, Stevens, Lowe, Robinson, O'Connell (if he's still here in August), RND coming back so we can cut at least 3 of them.
O'Connell is a must keep, RND has had a decent time of it in the Championship so would like to see him playing for us, don't care where the others go to be honest because they've all been somewhere between average and terrible.

We‘re certainly well served in terms of quantity, not sure about quality though.

RND sounds promising but is still developing and had mixed reviews from his loans. JOC may well go, possibly in January, if he recovers, but wouldn’t be the first or last player to be ruined by that injury.

With question marks against those two, that leaves Enda (a genuine hero in the past but recently off a cliff), and three others who’ve been different shades of poor in Bryan, Robinson and Lowe, none of whom look like reliable regular choices in a Champ side with realistic top 2 aspirations.

Left side of defence is an area where we look deceptively well covered, but actually need major surgery for me.

We‘re certainly well served in terms of quantity, not sure about quality though.

RND sounds promising but is still developing and had mixed reviews from his loans. JOC may well go, possibly in January, if he recovers, but wouldn’t be the first or last player to be ruined by that injury.

With question marks against those two, that leaves Enda (a genuine hero in the past but recently off a cliff), and three others who’ve been different shades of poor in Bryan, Robinson and Lowe, none of whom look like reliable regular choices in a Champ side with realistic top 2 aspirations.

Left side of defence is an area where we look deceptively well covered, but actually need major surgery for me.

Bloody good point. As we've seen this season - having 7 strikers in the squad doesn't mean any of them are of sufficient quality...

If Stevens and JOC stay fit, then we'll be fine, with RND pushing... If JOC's injury reoccurs and Stevens continues his slide - I shudder at the prospect of Bryan and RND playing 20+ games next season...

Bloody good point. As we've seen this season - having 7 strikers in the squad doesn't mean any of them are of sufficient quality...

If Stevens and JOC stay fit, then we'll be fine, with RND pushing... If JOC's injury reoccurs and Stevens continues his slide - I shudder at the prospect of Bryan and RND playing 20+ games next season...
I don't get this idea that Stevens is suddenly going to turn back in to a world beater again next season. I don't think many of his performances have even been championship standard this year and he'll be 31 come next season.

By no means past it but he's looked like he's wading through treacle since the first lockdown and I'd be amazed if that fitness he had ever comes back to the level it did at his age.

Father time is undefeated and it could be he's claimed another victim in Enda as sad as it is to say

I don't get this idea that Stevens is suddenly going to turn back in to a world beater again next season. I don't think many of his performances have even been championship standard this year and he'll be 31 come next season.

By no means past it but he's looked like he's wading through treacle since the first lockdown and I'd be amazed if that fitness he had ever comes back to the level it did at his age.

Father time is undefeated and it could be he's claimed another victim in Enda as sad as it is to say

A combination of JOC being back at LCB and the standard of the championship will be like comfort blankets for Enda...

Plus once we get a functional midfield that can control a game/possession, we'll see a lot of our players suddenly get better overnight.

A combination of JOC being back at LCB and the standard of the championship will be like comfort blankets for Enda...

Plus once we get a functional midfield that can control a game/possession, we'll see a lot of our players suddenly get better overnight.
Also think he should look at knocking Ireland on the head. Not going to be in a major tournament for 2 years (probably longer on recent form) so doesn't really need the hassle of it and prolong his career a bit more

He's got a peach of a left foot but is weak and clumsy.

I reckon he'd be a good left back cover but we're already lumbered with Stevens, Osborn, Lowe and RND. Can't see him troubling any of them.

Remember when we signed him wilder openly talked about it. A deal heavily loaded with incentives

I think Bryan could be a decent player for us next season given an extended run in the side.

As well as a good engine he's also got a better delivery than Stevens.

I would look to sell Stevens and Lowe and RND and Bryan would be our left side under study's.

I think Bryan could be a decent player for us next season given an extended run in the side.

As well as a good engine he's also got a better delivery than Stevens.

I would look to sell Stevens and Lowe and RND and Bryan would be our left side under study's.
He’s just dog bobar

Back
Top Bottom