Outgoing? Kean Bryan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His inept performance against Leicester surely put to bed any idea that he's a premier league player.

If goes to a club higher than league 1 his agent will once again have shown what a great job he's doing.

Got a good cross in him. To be fair to the lad, he's been less dreadful than expected but defensively he looks like a cat on a hot tin roof. An accident waiting to happen. Also too slow to react and too ponderous when on the ball.

He's not good enough for the top flight. I doubt he's good enough to be a Championship squad player.

Got a good cross in him. To be fair to the lad, he's been less dreadful than expected but defensively he looks like a cat on a hot tin roof. An accident waiting to happen. Also too slow to react and too ponderous when on the ball.

He's not good enough for the top flight. I doubt he's good enough to be a Championship squad player.

Makes you wonder why he was brought in?, maybe to show Ricky Holmes around, show him where the coffee machine is, stuff like that.

Makes you wonder why he was brought in?, maybe to show Ricky Holmes around, show him where the coffee machine is, stuff like that.
Gamble that didn't work out. He was a youngish lad from Man City's youth system. I guess Wilder thought he could cover LCB and LWB in case of an injury crisis.

Worth a punt as there plenty of players who’ve left top academies in their late teens and gone on to have very good careers.

Worth a punt as there plenty of players who’ve left top academies in their late teens and gone on to have very good careers.
Especially at clubs like Chelsea and Man City.

think he will be ok as a squad player in the championship but certainly shouldnt be considered as a first choice

His inept performance against Leicester surely put to bed any idea that he's a premier league player.

If goes to a club higher than league 1 his agent will once again have shown what a great job he's doing.

To be fair to him, there’s no way he should have ever played for us at this level. Pathetic recruitment and injuries led to him being chucked in.

I agree, I actually always thought he was ok and he could put a wicked cross in, but he just seemed to be one of those signings that we didn't know what to do with. He'll be 25 years old in seven months time, so he is hardly a kid.

I agree, I actually always thought he was ok and he could put a wicked cross in, but he just seemed to be one of those signings that we didn't know what to do with. He'll be 25 years old in seven months time, so he is hardly a kid.
He’ll probably find a level upper league one lower champ and go on to have a steady career and good luck to him.

Mad that out of all our player kean and lundstram could be the main ones to remain in the PL.

he could be a decent player (possibly!) - but who knows as he’s never stayed for enough for any period of time.

I'd be extremely surprised if he gets a PL move - must be agent talk surely? IMO this guy will really surprise at championship level and someone we should aim at keeping unless we get anything north of 4m. We don't have enough players at LCB and maybe he could do a job there, or RND at LCB and Bryan as LWB. He definitely has potential and i think he might be one of the key players to breakthrough next season.

I'd be extremely surprised if he gets a PL move - must be agent talk surely? IMO this guy will really surprise at championship level and someone we should aim at keeping unless we get anything north of 4m. We don't have enough players at LCB and maybe he could do a job there, or RND at LCB and Bryan as LWB. He definitely has potential and i think he might be one of the key players to breakthrough next season.

He'll be out of contract in summer so Utd will realise a max fee of £0 for him, as they will for Lundstram.

Again, questionable contract management by the club. Yes, he's suffered injuries but to let his contract run down points to either he was going to be released or naivety / incompetence - I've not seen / heard any reports that the club have offered him extended terms. With the uncertainty around JOC still ongoing, I would have thought he'd be useful to cover LCB, LB, LWB - certainly far more so than Robinson.

Last edited:
He'll be out of contract in summer so Utd will realise a max fee of £0 for him, as they will be Lundstram.

Again, questionable contract management by the club. Yes, he's suffered injuries but to let his contract run down points to either he was going to be released or naivety / incompetence - I've not seen / heard any reports that the club have offered extended terms.
Oh.. well thats shit. Wouldn't surprise me if that's a Wilder call there - probably would've wanted him to play for a contract. With all considered he may well make a top champ/PL move, he's an ok 3rd choice left footed defender at this level.

He'll be out of contract in summer so Utd will realise a max fee of £0 for him, as they will for Lundstram.

Again, questionable contract management by the club. Yes, he's suffered injuries but to let his contract run down points to either he was going to be released or naivety / incompetence

Offering a contract extension is saying you'll pay Bryan x amount of money. You do that for one of two reasons - you think that Bryan offers value at said price over the course of the contract, or you think that you will find someone willing to pay a transfer fee that counteracts that. Thinking that neither is the case doesn't equate to naivety. Similar with Lunny. He is clearly not worth the wages he wants, so why would you gamble that someone will pay more than what you'd give up?

Offering a contract extension is saying you'll pay Bryan x amount of money. You do that for one of two reasons - you think that Bryan offers value at said price over the course of the contract, or you think that you will find someone willing to pay a transfer fee that counteracts that. Thinking that neither is the case doesn't equate to naivety. Similar with Lunny. He is clearly not worth the wages he wants, so why would you gamble that someone will pay more than what you'd give up?

You're right but by extending terms you are in-effect, protecting the value of your asset and avoiding them leaving for nothing as it appears both Bryan and Lundstram will do in the summer. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 and in the case of Bryan, I'm guessing he's shown more ability than the club expected following him being dropped in at the deep end this season. Judging by the clubs rumoured to be circling for his services, there certainly appears to be a mismatch. The naïve part relates to Utd apparently not having an option to extend and as a result it would in all likelihood cost the club more to retain him than (i) they would want to spend and (ii) think he's worth.

Again, by not tying Lundstram down before his purple patch last season (as the club did with a number of other players), which would have alerted some of his current suitors, the club missed a trick - naive from them again in my book.

Again, questionable contract management by the club. Yes, he's suffered injuries but to let his contract run down points to either he was going to be released or naivety / incompetence - I've not seen / heard any reports that the club have offered him extended terms. With the uncertainty around JOC still ongoing, I would have thought he'd be useful to cover LCB, LB, LWB - certainly far more so than Robinson.

You'd have have offered him another contract?

Phew! I thought it was just me. :)

You're right but by extending terms you are in-effect, protecting the value of your asset and avoiding them leaving for nothing as it appears both Bryan and Lundstram will do in the summer. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 and in the case of Bryan, I'm guessing he's shown more ability than the club expected following him being dropped in at the deep end this season. Judging by the clubs rumoured to be circling for his services, there certainly appears to be a mismatch. The naïve part relates to Utd apparently not having an option to extend and as a result it would in all likelihood cost the club more to retain him than (i) they would want to spend and (ii) think he's worth.

Again, by not tying Lundstram down before his purple patch last season (as the club did with a number of other players), which would have alerted some of his current suitors, the club missed a trick - naive from them again in my book.

On the other hand, if we had given Lundstram the contract he wanted, we'd have been stuck with a player for a further 2/3 years on high wages, when his performances this season have been a joke. From what we know, no club has tried to buy him for a cut price fee in the previous 2 transfer windows. Says it all to me.

With Bryan, its likely that clubs are only interested because he is out of contract. If he had an year or so left they probably wouldn't be looking at him.

You'd have have offered him another contract?

All about opinions and not a problem of course if you disagree but personally, I think he's shown far more than Robinson during his performances this season and as such, I think he'd be worth keeping as an option for LCB, LB and LWB so yes, I would have looked to extend terms - I don't think he'd be anywhere near as exposed in the Champ as he has on occasion this season and I think it's a shame he will, in all likelihood, be lost for nothing.

On the other hand, if we had given Lundstram the contract he wanted, we'd have been stuck with a player for a further 2/3 years on high wages, when his performances this season have been a joke. From what we know, no club has tried to buy him for a cut price fee in the previous 2 transfer windows. Says it all to me.

With Bryan, its likely that clubs are only interested because he is out of contract. If he had an year or so left they probably wouldn't be looking at him.

I certainly wouldn't have given Lundstram the contract he is rumoured to have sought. However, I think the club missed a trick by not seeking to extend his terms earlier than when they attempted to do so.

Lundstram’s not worth £0.

Back
Top Bottom