K Mc

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think with our limited resources at the moment, even with Cressy coming back, fingers crossed, we have to play Quinny in the free role, leaving Flynn out wide. I do agree we are stronger on the right, but Flynn adds the balance, and work rate Quinny doesn't offer there.

I'm not sure there are many options though, so either the same side, maybe Cressy for Porter,Flynn out wide, or Cressy and Porter up front and Quinn out wide. The other obvious is Monty in for KMc, if he is unfit. I can't see Dave Mac coming in.

Porter has earned his place in the final - I suspect DW will set us up the same - given our limited resources.
Cresswell likely to be on the bench and be the first change when Porter tires.
Cannot see us having two imobile CF on the pitch together (unless we are cahsing he game and going long) when Quinny will fill that roaming role and cause Udders to counter the threat

If Macca is fit:

Simo

Lowton
Maguire
Collins
Hill

Willo
Macca
Doyle
Quinn

Cresswell
Porter

If Macca isn't fit, change midfield to:

Willo
Quinn
Doyle
Flynn

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of sticking with 4-4-1-1 with Quinn behind Porter and Cresswell on the bench. But if Macca is out, I can't see how it works, as I do not want Monty to start on that pitch/surface.

Amazing that Quinn has been lambasted for positional indiscipline all season, and yet when he's given the license to roam, he's lauded as our most effective player.....

Amazing that Quinn has been lambasted for positional indiscipline all season, and yet when he's given the license to roam, he's lauded as our most effective player.....
Erm, not quite HB
The propensity to roam is surely a factor in the aforementioned indisciplined positional play.

Erm, not quite HB
The propensity to roam is surely a factor in the aforementioned indisciplined positional play.

The problem is not that Quinn is positionally indisciplined, it's that when he goes roaming other players don't move to fill in the gaps.

That, and the fact that we've got crap left backs.

Quinn has statstically been our most creative player. More goals have involved him in the buildup than oanyone else.

Im liking Quinn in his new`dane whitehouse`role,it suits him,and more importantly it suits the team.
Bring on the final,im quite looking forward to it whoever we play.

Back
Top Bottom