John Swift

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We don't have any midfielders who would even think about shooting from that distance. Far better to knock it into the corner to someone who has a defender or two on them, lose it and get caught on the counter. Patient build up is the key you see.

We don't have any midfielders who would even think about shooting from that distance. Far better to knock it into the corner to someone who has a defender or two on them, lose it and get caught on the counter. Patient build up is the key you see.

Been saying similar for a while. According to Wilder, there is nothing wrong with the system. What he seems to forget is that are opponents have changed the way they play against us, yet we haven't tweaked anything or come up with a plan b. Every team that has success, has to makes some sort of change for the following season, whether its improving their starting 11 or making changes to their style of play. We have done neither and basically stood still, expecting to just repeat last seasons achievements with the same formation, same players etc.

Been saying similar for a while. According to Wilder, there is nothing wrong with the system. What he seems to forget is that are opponents have changed the way they play against us, yet we haven't tweaked anything or come up with a plan b. Every team that has success, has to makes some sort of change for the following season, whether its improving their starting 11 or making changes to their style of play. We have done neither and basically stood still, expecting to just repeat last seasons achievements with the same formation, same players etc.
ive been really suprised by chris's stubborness with this system i thought he had a bit more nous than this

Whichever division we're in next season (said with a complete straight face) then I'd be amazed if CW didn't go back in for Swift.

Our midfield will be in need of an overhaul, coupled with the fact we'll more than likely go back to a No10 and it's a no brainer IMO. Plus we know how much CW doesn't give up on targets once they've been identified.

Whichever division we're in next season (said with a complete straight face) then I'd be amazed if CW didn't go back in for Swift.

Our midfield will be in need of an overhaul, coupled with the fact we'll more than likely go back to a No10 and it's a no brainer IMO. Plus we know how much CW doesn't give up on targets once they've been identified.
So he scores one goal in a million at the end of January and now he’s the answer to all our problems? 🤣🤣🤣

So he scores one goal in a million at the end of January and now he’s the answer to all our problems? 🤣🤣🤣

Not quite sure how to come to that conclusion based on my post but hey ho.

Where do I say he's the answer to our problems?

Answer me this. How many of our signings have arrived either 1 or 2 transfer windows after we were heavily linked?

There's a pattern of CW not giving up on his targets hence the reason for my post so take your sarcastic reply and stick it in the same place your Dad probably last stuck his cock 👍

Answer me this. How many of our signings have arrived either 1 or 2 transfer windows after we were heavily linked?

There's a pattern of CW not giving up on his targets hence the reason for my post so take your sarcastic reply and stick it in the same place your Dad probably last stuck his cock 👍

Who could forget the Ryan Leonard saga

Disclaimer: I think Swift is a much better player than Leonard

I forgot that Leonard ACTUALLY signed. It's still in my head that he's one of the ones who we chased but never signed.

Attachments

• now-now-children-xvz4nf.jpg
    now-now-children-xvz4nf.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 11
jon swift would be a great signing in the summer suppose it depends if reading go up but if lundstrum and berge go were gonna need 3 midfielders in this summer imo

Thing is why would we change what we were doing as it worked last season. Going into this we're struggling due to injuries and lack of form from players who were previously 7/10 every week. Recruitment wise, no one's particularly improved us this summer, but they need time to adjsut to playing at this level or are struggling with the fact the whole team has struggled.

We badly needed Swift or someone else, we'e paying for that big style and can't see that changing till the summer quite honestly. Maybe we'll sign someone, but it doesn't feel likely, loan or permanent.

Thing is why would we change what we were doing as it worked last season. Going into this we're struggling due to injuries and lack of form from players who were previously 7/10 every week. Recruitment wise, no one's particularly improved us this summer, but they need time to adjsut to playing at this level or are struggling with the fact the whole team has struggled.

We badly needed Swift or someone else, we'e paying for that big style and can't see that changing till the summer quite honestly. Maybe we'll sign someone, but it doesn't feel likely, loan or permanent.

I wouldn't say last year was a model year..... Our scoring record was terrible. I think we all knew losing hendo would hurt.... Now add the injuries and piss poor form... And ouch. We can't defend and we can't score.

I really hope next year we invest in a solid no.10 and revert back to the CAM. We always struggled to create when playing with the flat three.

Bah and I don't think Swift is the answer... I think he will struggle with the speed of the game in the premiership as he's not the quickest player.

At the moment we have three midfielders - two of whom are massively out of form, one of whom doesn’t want to sign a contract here. None of who are creative.

Swift was a big miss in the summer in retrospect.

At the moment we have three midfielders - two of whom are massively out of form, one of whom doesn’t want to sign a contract here. None of who are creative.

Swift was a big miss in the summer in retrospect.
Fleck isn’t creative?

Fleck isn’t creative?

Not really.

When compared to a benrahma, a beundia / cantwell, an Eze, or dare i say a Duffy etc - he’s really not. He’s a technically sound, box to box midfielder.

we don’t have anyone who can beat a man, create something out of nothing and change tight games. It was a glaring oversight in the recruitment, even if it wasn’t our ‘plan a’ for the season. We are left with 6 strikers and no plan b.

we finished 9th last season - I was not calling for us to rip that formation up and start again. But it was obvious we were 1) woefully short of creativity and 2) low on bodies in midfield. This has been borne out by the fact we’ve not even had a midfielder on the bench for the last few games.

Not really.

When compared to a benrahma, a beundia / cantwell, an Eze, or dare i say a Duffy etc - he’s really not. He’s a technically sound, box to box midfielder.

we don’t have anyone who can beat a man, create something out of nothing and change tight games. It was a glaring oversight in the recruitment, even if it wasn’t our ‘plan a’ for the season. We are left with 6 strikers and no plan b.
He can’t create something out of nothing! I must have been watching a different player this last 4 years then! He can slip a delicate pass between then lines. He can dribble past 3/4 players. He can smash a long range shot. He cross a killer ball. This season due to injury, he’s took his time getting up to speed, admittedly. But he’s not got the heart of a pea, like the above mentioned. And he also gives us 100%, unlike the melts above.

He can’t create something out of nothing! I must have been watching a different player this last 4 years then! He can slip a delicate pass between then lines. He can dribble past 3/4 players. He can smash a long range shot. He cross a killer ball. This season due to injury, he’s took his time getting up to speed, admittedly. But he’s not got the heart of a pea, like the above mentioned. And he also gives us 100%, unlike the melts above.

I like fleck - he’s a good player. Though He hasn’t played like it for the best part of a year.

like I say he’s a technically decent midfielder but just not creative enough - if he was we wouldn’t be struggling to score every game. He doesnt possess the trickery or have the raw attributes like the pace to commit a defender. He doesn’t get enough goals or assists.

my view is we need someone like that in the squad even if it was only to be a plan b. Every other squad in the league has someone like that bar us - we have zero options to change things up when we go behind.

To be honest...
Yeah, I think you have been watching someone else 😄

we need more physicality in that midfield even in the championship we are so lightweight in there and a bad error in judgement by chris not bringing a couple in before the season started

I like fleck - he’s a good player. Though He hasn’t played like it for the best part of a year.

like I say he’s a technically decent midfielder but just not creative enough - if he was we wouldn’t be struggling to score every game. He doesnt possess the trickery or have the raw attributes like the pace to commit a defender. He doesn’t get enough goals or assists.

my view is we need someone like that in the squad even if it was only to be a plan b. Every other squad in the league has someone like that bar us - we have zero options to change things up when we go behind.

I get what you mean. We dont have any players with that real creative spark, who can beat two men and hit one in from outside the box. Fleck is for me also a box to box midfielder-type. Drives forward, can pick a pass but is never going to do something absolutely magic. We didnt bring any of those types of players in, which is partly why we are in the mess we are now.

jon swift would be a great signing in the summer suppose it depends if reading go up but if lundstrum and berge go were gonna need 3 midfielders in this summer imo
Only got 1 more season left on current deal according to a Royal fan I know. If they don't go up this season and Swift doesn't sign new deal in summer then Reading may be open to offers for him

I get what you mean. We dont have any players with that real creative spark, who can beat two men and hit one in from outside the box. Fleck is for me also a box to box midfielder-type. Drives forward, can pick a pass but is never going to do something absolutely magic. We didnt bring any of those types of players in, which is partly why we are in the mess we are now.
Luke Freeman.

A decision that has backfired on us letting him go out on loan.
The guy is a terrific footballer, and at the moment would have been far more effective than pedestrian fleck.

I'm not sure Freeman would be offering much more than Fleck. He made his return for Forest yesterday, lasted 45 minutes and Forest fans were all saying how fat and slow he looks. "Makes Andy Reid look thin" was one comment I saw.

Escalate.gif

Back
Top Bottom