John Swift

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Swift is 100% a box to box right centre midfielder

Happy to be proved wrong but whenever I've seen him he's always played right/centre in a playmaker type of role and always looked more comfortable when deeper and facing goal. On the plus side, he'd hopefully take direct free kicks from Norwood :)

Happy to be proved wrong but whenever I've seen him he's always played right/centre in a playmaker type of role and always looked more comfortable when deeper and facing goal. On the plus side, he'd hopefully take direct free kicks from Norwood :)
Yeh but we can’t afford him, when big clubs come knocking little clubs tell us to feck off

Did anyone else notice that he's out till Christmas with a hamstring injury. Much as I wouldn't wish that on any footballer, that did make me think that maybe we dodged a bullet there, because if his hamstring went then there's every chance that would have happened after he joined us also. Hope for a Swift recovery though - sorry!

I really wanted him to sign also I should add.

Did anyone else notice that he's out till Christmas with a hamstring injury. Much as I wouldn't wish that on any footballer, that did make me think that maybe we dodged a bullet there, because if his hamstring went then there's every chance that would have happened after he joined us also. Hope for a Swift recovery though - sorry!

I really wanted him to sign also I should add.

Well, we're desperate and that should knock a few quid off the price, so what's not to like? Cheeky bid gets us a quality player for the second half of this season and next year's championship campaign at a knock down price. Price will have gone back up again in January when he's fit again.

Guess we'll have to sign Buendia instead.

I said this for some likes. How do you insert comedy gifs?!

Guess we'll have to sign Buendia instead.

I said this for some likes. How do you insert comedy gifs?!

Probably unlikely, but a bid with an obligation upon survival would be worth floating. He's got exactly what we're lacking. When you're going into PL games with Osborn & Lundstram as 2/3 of your midfield you're asking for trouble.

Could work. I actually think we might sign an RCM now, as it seems apparent Wilder thinks this is the time to move Berge centrally (and he looks great there).

We have a loan left after we've ploughed the second mortgage into Brewster on a free.

Could work. I actually think we might sign an RCM now, as it seems apparent Wilder thinks this is the time to move Berge centrally (and he looks great there).

We have a loan left after we've ploughed the second mortgage into Brewster on a free.
I hope we do sign a RCM, said it many times. We're overlying on Lunny who doesn't want to sign a new contract.

But then there's a possible loan needed for JOC replacement also.
Well, we're desperate and that should knock a few quid off the price, so what's not to like? Cheeky bid gets us a quality player for the second half of this season and next year's championship campaign at a knock down price. Price will have gone back up again in January when he's fit again.

I doubt we'd sign a player who's injured to be honest, not sure how that would work with the insurance side if he can't pass a medical. I see the logic though.

I think we should put our previous offer back in or maybe even raise it by a couple of million. Then when it's accepted, tell em weve changed our minds at the last minute. What goes around comes around.

Reading this just makes me think that CW has given up in this season and is planning for next.........

in the Championship! ☹️

Injured. Reading may well be taking our place in the Prem next season given current trajectories of both clubs. I wouldn't bank on it.

Nothing better to do than ressurect an old thread but swift played 10 mins last game and is on the bench again, must be getting over his injury, would we be interested.

We are just loaning players not buying,why would Reading loan him out to us ?
He's a player I like and would have improved us this season had we been able to get it done.
There chairman was playing hard ball so that did'nt happen
I wasn't being serious 😂

I read today in a Sunday newspaper that we are back in for Swift,because we might get him on the cheap.

And Rojo could be too,but there is competition from Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom