John Swift

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Villa were linked earlier in the window from memory. Also there's the Dean Smith connection as he had him previously at Brentford as he did Watkins so not sure we can be too critical here. I wouldn't be surprised that Wilder was referring to he Robinson deal regarding lazy recruitment.

Our initial interest in Swift was in the papers about a month ago, if we haven't got it done in a month for whatever reason we shouldn't be surprised that other teams may move in. I wouldn't be surprised if we've moved on from this anyway, unless Reading change their stance. Don't like saying this but its football and money talks. Seems Reading just didn't want to sell though for a fee that was sensible to us and also I think he'd have only been a squad player to Berge on the RCM spot. I can't see Berge playing in Norwood's role just yet as Norwood has done so well also.

Was leaked by an supposed Reading source last night they were in for him at £6 Mill

Hard to know what to do for the best - do you pay a premium and attempt to get him over the line early or wait it out and risk getting gazzumped on wages.

it’s frustrating as Villa / Fulham didn’t even know what division they would be in until a few weeks ago... you feel like we could have jumped them on a few targets but it’s probably sensible waiting and not paying over the odds.

I’m sure wilder will get people he is happy with. But it’s looking more likely they may not have been our very top targets.

I seem to recall it’s their owner refusing to sell rather than anything to do with the player.
If Villa choose to offer money way above his worth to coax a sale let them crack on. We aren’t in that game, and that’s the reason they will forever be in a mess having no transfer strategy.

Smiths whole transfer “strategy” appears to be to sign a load of random players for hugely inflated prices, then the week of the first game, stand there scratching his chin and trying to work out how and where he’s going to play them.

“Er... tell you what lads; just give it to Grealish. Again”.

TBF Leeds have already spent 40-50m on Costa and Rodrigo.
Of which one sometimes played for them last season and they said he was shit then. What has Rodrigo done and yes all my friends in Leeds are having heart attacks.

I think certain posters here are starting to panic, there was a load of clubs interested in Ramsdale ......... guess what he signed for us. We didn't get the lad from Wigan but do you want to pay a kid with no real Prem experience £45k to be back up to Enda. Every time we get linked to someone the media jump in Leeds, Fulham, Villa etc are going to outbid us/pay better wages blah di blah, tell me this why no photo's of them in a Leeds shirt or a Fulham shirt or a Villa shirt????
Fulham a wank little London club no better than QPR but with a rich owner, Villa up shit creek and lucky to stay in the Prem last season and Leeds a universally hated club just promoted and fuck Bielsa he never stays anywhere too long before walking away, are they really more attractive than a team that finished 9th last season playing a style of football different to most and what half the world is taking about, seriously? Take a break somewhere it isn't good for the health all thing worry and hand wringing.

Was leaked by an supposed Reading source last night they were in for him at £6 Mill
Let them crack on, at that price his appeal starts to wain. As with Robinson they were deals worth doing because of the value in them, not because that player significantly improves us in that area.

Smiths whole transfer “strategy” appears to be to sign a load of random players for hugely inflated prices, then the week of the first game, stand there scratching his chin and trying to work out how and where he’s going to play them.

“Er... tell you what lads; just give it to Grealish. Again”.

Their squad is woefully mediocre for the absolute shit load than that they've spent!! Couple of knocks and they were devoid of options, after spending well over £100m... 🤯

Not in readings team today

SUMMATSAPNIN

This one needs getting over the line.

Swift and a forward please.

We were after Swift as a creative RCM , so why have we stopped being after a creative RCM ?
Is it because no one has bid for Lunny so we are forced to keep him + have adopted the attitude that we may as well play him ?
If so , that is a very negative approach to team selection.
We desperately need new blood to give us some quick-witted flair in midfield - if we refuse to try Bogle or Ampadu there , we must buy it in.

We were after Swift as a creative RCM , so why have we stopped being after a creative RCM ?
Is it because no one has bid for Lunny so we are forced to keep him + have adopted the attitude that we may as well play him ?
If so , that is a very negative approach to team selection.
We desperately need new blood to give us some quick-witted flair in midfield - if we refuse to try Bogle or Ampadu there , we must buy it in.

we don’t have the funds ...

I reckon he's better than Lundstram. More dynamic and creative.

He's exactly what we need on the RCM and I'm really hoping that we still pull something out for the RCM role in the next week, maybe a loan if we sign someone up top permanently. The supply to the forwards right now just isn't good enough and the forwards can't be blamed for that. Swift would have added a lot to our creativity. Right now though, Reading must think they were right to hold firm on a deal. Maybe January is more likely.

I think he'd certainly be earmarked for RCM however, I'd personally favour a more mobile, box-to-box type player (i.e. a right-footed Fleck) over another than is happy to sit deeper, knock passes around and doesn't get into scoring positions. Lundstram tries to do what's needed, he just isn't effective enough at it.

I think he'd certainly be earmarked for RCM however, I'd personally favour a more mobile, box-to-box type player (i.e. a right-footed Fleck) over another than is happy to sit deeper, knock passes around and doesn't get into scoring positions. Lundstram tries to do what's needed, he just isn't effective enough at it.
Swift is 100% a box to box right centre midfielder

Back
Top Bottom