Outgoing? John Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fleck, Norwood and Osborn are out of contract in the summer. Berge is likely to go. Who knows with Coulibaly.

Not the worst outcome if we get a bit of cash for him, his wages off the bill and are able to bring someone else in permanently.

There are 3 ifs there

Fleck, Norwood and Osborn are out of contract in the summer. Berge is likely to go. Who knows with Coulibaly.

Not the worst outcome if we get a bit of cash for him, his wages off the bill and are able to bring someone else in permanently.

There are 3 ifs there

Massive ticking time bomb facing United next summer yet we've still gone for loans (Anel excepted). It'll put pressure on the club to renew Fleck and Norwood and maybe even Mcburnie and Osborn due to the sheer volume of players needed.

Massive ticking time bomb facing United next summer yet we've still gone for loans (Anel excepted). It'll put pressure on the club to renew Fleck and Norwood and maybe even Mcburnie and Osborn due to the sheer volume of players needed.
I think Blaster may feature heavily in the clubs medium term planning it’s a risk but I think the club will take it

Got one year options on Fleck, Norwood and McBurnie

Would expect us move fleck and Norwood on but take the option on Mcburnie

Nowt to be gained from me by sticking my neck out with something made up. Merely sharing info with others mate
No disrespect meant TB just that we get so many claiming to be ITK (I know you’re not) that post things on something their mothers hairdresser told them… you know the ones I mean and the board explodes as if it’s fact.

We lose Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Robinson, Sharp, McBurnie, Stevens, Coulibaly, Foderingham, Jebbo at the end of this season.

We might have an option but I suspect Fleck and Norwood will want a 2-year contract given their age and they're hardly likely to get better with age.

That is a lot of players to replace or satisfy with a new deal.

Then there is Berge, Bogle, Egan, Baldock, Bash, Lowe, RND, Ndiaye, Davies whose contracts expire summer 24 and whose value will be plummeting by the transfer window.

That's not even including the kids who we will need to persuade to sign contracts.

That's a lot of signing on fees and potential unhappiness.

They’ve just signed Mowatt on a season long loan

We lose Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Robinson, Sharp, McBurnie, Stevens, Coulibaly, Foderingham, Jebbo at the end of this season.

We might have an option but I suspect Fleck and Norwood will want a 2-year contract given their age and they're hardly likely to get better with age.

Then there is Berge, Bogle, Egan, Baldock, Bash, Lowe, RND, Ndiaye, Davies whose contracts expire summer 24 and whose value will be plummeting by the transfer window.

That's not even including the kids who we will need to persuade to sign contracts.

Really worrying. I'm still hoping for modest things like contract extensions for the kids.

Of those out of contract this summer I think we'd have a good chance of re-signing any we choose to offer a contract to.

Realistically none of those are going to be wanted by a bigger club than us (without sounding all wenzdeh about it!).

Only ones who maybe could would be Jebbison as someone in the prem would take a punt but then we'd be in line for compo and as he's been at a decent level in his career so far it would be a decent whack I'd guess. Coulibaly would be the other one but at this point does anyone really know what we'd be losing as he's never played a competitive match for us.

Really worrying. I'm still hoping for modest things like contract extensions for the kids.
I'd be half tempted to not extend any contracts, outside of maybe Wes, for those expiring this summer. Looks like Jebbo is 24.

Just get them all off the wage bill. FFP comes in next year, I believe. Should give us some more freedom to sign some younger permanent players.

Of those out of contract this summer I think we'd have a good chance of re-signing any we choose to offer a contract to.

Realistically none of those are going to be wanted by a bigger club than us (without sounding all wenzdeh about it!).

Only ones who maybe could would be Jebbison as someone in the prem would take a punt but then we'd be in line for compo and as he's been at a decent level in his career so far it would be a decent whack I'd guess. Coulibaly would be the other one but at this point does anyone really know what we'd be losing as he's never played a competitive match for us.
I think Jebbo has one until 2024 actually, after a bit of checking.

The issue is with most of those that they're unlikely to want to sign for just one year. Also, if they're not playing then they might want to move. We weren't high payers before we went up so another team could easily outbid us.

Think the club have made it pretty clear where we are financially and how last season was our best opportunity and this is our second best and then after that its time for serious cut backs

These contracts running out isn't mismanagement its common sense ,we won't be abkr to afford their wages and will have to recruit cheaply of from the academy

Its common knowledge ,have you been in solitary for the last two years ?

I think Blaster may feature heavily in the clubs medium term planning it’s a risk but I think the club will take it
Most of the players he listed will have +1 and for me it’s not the quote the doomsday situation he’s painting.
We all knew if we gamble and do not go up then there needs to be grand reset. I think it’s surprised most of us that we’ve doubled down with the gamble this season, which is exciting but has more consequences if it fails.
What makes it not as bad as it’s been suggested is the youth products. Fleck and Norwood getting older, well you’d expect Arblaster, Coulibaly and some of the others to be stepping in. Sharp, Jebberson, Osula. There’s potential, and that’s all it is right now but potentially championship quality players who are only a year or two away. Those plus ones allow you to cover the areas where the kids aren’t ready or good enough, but where they are you can let them go, reduce the wage bill and the ambition changes from promotion to building a new young talented squad while staying in the league. This is why I think the board are supporting a second shot at getting back up this season. We have a sensible safety net which mitigates that risk to a certain extent.
Now obviously we all hope that plan isn’t needed, the kids have great seasons and either come into our first team next season or play in a top championship side, because we’re in the Premier League. But if not, we have a core of our own to root for each week but we’ll be selling them when the good offers come in.

Seriously, if that's true what the actual fuck.

Our bad luck is bordering on supernatural.

If true, that's probably the last time we see him in a Blades shirt. He's not my cup of tea these days but fuck me sideways, I'd rather have him as an option than not. I'd be gutted if hes out for any length of time.

The good thing for us is that the footballing Gods that smite us will have died of overwork by the time the World Cup comes around and we should be in for a cracking second half of the season!

The good thing for us is that the footballing Gods that smite us will have died of overwork by the time the World Cup comes around and we should be in for a cracking second half of the season!
We've got to get till November 12th before that happens, we need the World cup now really!

Need another one in the middle of the park now. Seems that Hecky is going to put the question to the board to see if there are finances available to bring in another. We do need one, someone with a bit of physicality and who is mobile and can put a foot in. They don't need to be world-beaters just someone who can do the shitty bits of the game and the midfield ratting, well. Surely we can afford one of these?

Need another one in the middle of the park now. Seems that Hecky is going to put the question to the board to see if there are finances available to bring in another. We do need one, someone with a bit of physicality and who is mobile and can put a foot in. They don't need to be world-beaters just someone who can do the shitty bits of the game and the midfield ratting, well. Surely we can afford one of these?
Can we find one and do the deal in 5 days ?

Back
Top Bottom