Outgoing? John Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some though discissions to make at the end of the season, and those discissions must be made with the head, and not the heart.

Fleck/Enda/Billy/JoC/Osborn etc who all have been fantastic servants, must be released and bring in the next generation of players
Osborn IF he is completely fine I would keep to be honest. And perhaps keep Billy on small wages just for a character in the dressing room

Think he went through a great patch earlier in season after he got his first goal at Luton. Seemed like he had got his head back in the right place and looked the player we thought we had signed. Sadly the last few games seems to have gone backwards. Poor control miss placed passes and goals dried up (apart from Blackburn. Is he fully fit? Has he got personal issues? Certainly not looking like a PL striker if we are there next season.
He isn't fit. You can see it in how he walks in the clips before and after games. He is limping

I would agree in our penalty area
But as far as winning headers in the opponents part of the pitch hes been pathetic
He cant control a ball is slow scuffs shots and always diving and looking to moan at the ref

In terms of goals per minute he's our best striker by some distance.

Based on yesterday's performance I'd keep Fleck for another season and use him as we did yesterday.
I’m not sure. Sharp, Fleck, Stevens, Osborn I’d let go & keep the rest but like Hecky rightly said that means us signing another 4 players on top of the 5 we already need.

I'd definitely let Stevens and Osborn go but can we afford 5 + 2 more. Anyone of any quality is going to cost, either in fees or wages if signed on frees. Just think Fleck would be OK for last 20-30 mins

I'd definitely let Stevens and Osborn go but can we afford 5 + 2 more. Anyone of any quality is going to cost, either in fees or wages if signed on frees. Just think Fleck would be OK for last 20-30 mins
Would rather give the minutes to Blaster or Coulibaly. Felck would be a waste of wages - very thankful for what he's done for the club but his time with us should be over....especially back in the PL.

If more of the old lads are sticking around than expected he should be one of them. Not a bad sub to come on and play in short bursts, especially to help close games out

The problem with players like Fleck is we aren't going to have much of the ball next season. This 'close games out' notion is pretty optimistic. Fleck is OK, in the Championship, at just moving the ball on, being one of the three in the triangles we like to play. Out of possession players just run past him like he's not there. Players are bigger and stronger in the PL so that's only going to get worse. We are going to be out of possession more than we are in it next season so winning the ball back will be key. Fleck isn't that player. As good as he once was that time has long since gone and the wages will be far better spent elsewhere or give youngsters with energy and desire a go.

We can't keep clinging onto players purely on sentimental value.

Unfortunately, John Fleck has had his time with us and the same can be said for half a dozen others who simply will add little to no value on the field next season when we're getting ragged about by Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Newcastle, Liverpool etc. We need blokes who are fit and can bring something to the party. Fleck of 3 or 4 years ago was a cracking player but he's not been anywhere close for a long time.

His contract expires at the end of the season and I'd be astounded and quite cross if we offered him a new one. If he can't hack the Championship anymore, what on earth would suggest that he could keep up with blokes like Gundogan, Rodri, Odegaard, Bruno Fernandes, Grealish to name just a few.

agree with other posters fleck has to be moved on along with about 5/6 others the old guard have been fantastic for the club over the last few years but times up and just wont be good enough for the premier league

agree with other posters fleck has to be moved on along with about 5/6 others the old guard have been fantastic for the club over the last few years but times up and just wont be good enough for the premier league

Or even be good enough for the following season if Utd are relegated next season.
With that possibility in mind, it may be worth hanging onto Fotheringham, Coulibaly and possibly even Robinson but Fleck as well as Stevens aren't worth keeping (as great as they've been for the club). Same goes for Osborn who isn't, hasn't and won't ever be good enough

Or even be good enough for the following season if Utd are relegated next season.
With that possibility in mind, it may be worth hanging onto Fotheringham, Coulibaly and possibly even Robinson but Fleck as well as Stevens aren't worth keeping (as great as they've been for the club). Same goes for Osborn who isn't, hasn't and won't ever be good enough
well vibes coming out of the club from hecky and mcall suggests there wont be a big budget to spend on players this summer i definetly think the club are gearing up for possible relegation but maybe coming back stronger the year after

well vibes coming out of the club from hecky and mcall suggests there wont be a big budget to spend on players this summer i definetly think the club are gearing up for possible relegation but maybe coming back stronger the year after
Suppose it will all depend on what the wage increases are and length of contracts they are willing to take. If we give them 2 and 3 year contracts it ll drain the budget should we go straight back down and give us little opportunity to strength.

Suppose it will all depend on what the wage increases are and length of contracts they are willing to take. If we give them 2 and 3 year contracts it ll drain the budget should we go straight back down and give us little opportunity to strength.
i would think there will be clauses in any new contracts for if were relegated but in all honesty the main thing was getting to the premier league with its financial benefits as another poster has said 100m plus for getting there then over 70m in parachute payments makes the club far more stable

I'd be more worried if they were boasting about how much the have to spend tbh. It never hurts to make people think you're skint when negotiating

I'd be more worried if they were boasting about how much the have to spend tbh. It never hurts to make people think you're skint when negotiating
oh yeah understand that tactic and it does make sense but im not so sure its a bluff this year and weve a lot of positions in the team that need improving big ask for hecky this

oh yeah understand that tactic and it does make sense but im not so sure its a bluff this year and weve a lot of positions in the team that need improving big ask for hecky this
It is when you have no money to spend

It is when you have no money to spend
its practically impossible with the amounts other clubs are spending on players in the premier league sounds negative i know but if no new owner comes in i think it will need a miracle for us to stay up

Yep, new signings are likely to be sparse until the takeover completes I would have thought

Anyone who has been a Blade for a few year will know the score regarding owners , if we fell in a tub full o tits we’d
come out sucking our thumbs
Where is this tub full of tits you speak of ? I have sat nav .

Back
Top Bottom