Outgoing? John Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If a club with a quality midfielder will consider taking Arblaster, then we might as well keep him ?
I love Blaster, but I think he needs game time. And I can't see Hecky playing him ahead of the City boys (even though I think he is just as good, if not better).

I love Blaster, but I think he needs game time. And I can't see Hecky playing him ahead of the City boys (even though I think he is just as good, if not better).
True, but for the same reason any other club would not release an experienced midfielder to us with Arblaster going the other way unless they are in a financial mess.

Norwood and Doyle it is then, with Arblaster as 1st back up, who has looked well at home when he has featured, then it's Bash for the time being, who we can always trust to give 100%.

Another addition would be welcomed, but if not we need to hope the above is sufficient until the reinforcements are back (Ozzy and Couli).

George Saville would be a good addition. Left footed battler effective at both ends of the pitch. Has scored plenty in the past too so could be useful in that way potentially

In and out of Millwall's team so should be one we can do quite quickly

Knows Norwood from Northern Ireland as well

Last edited:
George Saville would be a good addition. Left footed battler effective at both ends of the pitch. Has scored plenty in the past too so could be useful in that way potentially

In and out of Millwall's team so should be one we can do quite quickly

Knows Norwood from Northern Ireland as well

He used to be very good. Haven't heard much of him for a few seasons.

Max Bird at Derby. Was excellent against us last season. Not a big physical presence we are looking for, but read the game like an old pro, won everything and moved the ball on quickly and simply. Left footed set piece taker, vice captain at 21. Don't think he would break the bank

Evidently the Fleck to Rangers whispers have started again....

Max Bird at Derby. Was excellent against us last season. Not a big physical presence we are looking for, but read the game like an old pro, won everything and moved the ball on quickly and simply. Left footed set piece taker, vice captain at 21. Don't think he would break the bank

I very much doubt anyone will be joining for a fee in Jan. If there are any additions I would expect them to be Prem loans.

Last edited:
I very much doubt anyone will be joining for a fee in Jan. If there are any additions I would expect them to be Prem loans.
we definetly wont be buying anybody in this window just hoping we bring a loan striker in because we need another forward in the squad will be a premier league loan i reckon

I’m not even sure we would attempt to replace Fleck.

He’s been absent for so long that I’d pretty much taken him out of the reckoning.

Even if he gets back fit, the team has kind of moved on without him. One of Doyle or McAtee have been missing out so not sure how he gets back in. Ideally we get Coulibaly and Osborn back too. It would be one less of course, but one less who is hardly available isn’t really one less option!

Losing him for a nominal fee or even just saving his wages would be ample. He’s been a good servant, he cost nothing and Rangers would be a good move for him. Hopefully he gets back fit soon. But I’d say, even in the absence of such details, that his wages probably are exceeding his actual contribution, be that due to overall availability or on field performances.

I still think it's a risk letting Fleck go, when our other midfielders are injury prone or not even ours. If we signed a replacement then fair enough, but that doesn't seem likely in this window.

At the end of the season then fair enough. I can't see him getting back to Premier League levels at 32, especially given his form in the last couple of years. Still a very decent Championship midfielder though.

i would let him go i very much doubt he gets back in to our first 11 his and khadras salaries could help us bring a loan striker in at the end of this window

Seems sad that he’s been unable to fend off the injuries and get fit and back to his best because he’s good enough for the premier league.
Been one of my favourite players since he arrived so I will be sad to see him leave. However it looks likely.

Rangers seems the obvious choice, though the terms under his departure may make it a little awkward. Add to that he has a young family he may not want to uproot from the local area so back and forwards to Glasgow may be too much.

I’m more inclined to see him going somewhere like Derby/Blackburn/Coventry/Preston
That way he can travel and leave his lads in school, near their favourite side and the academy.

Seems sad that he’s been unable to fend off the injuries and get fit and back to his best because he’s good enough for the premier league.
Been one of my favourite players since he arrived so I will be sad to see him leave. However it looks likely.

Rangers seems the obvious choice, though the terms under his departure may make it a little awkward. Add to that he has a young family he may not want to uproot from the local area so back and forwards to Glasgow may be too much.

I’m more inclined to see him going somewhere like Derby/Blackburn/Coventry/Preston
That way he can travel and leave his lads in school, near their favourite side and the academy.
Flecky's up-to-scratch appearances are getting rarer and rarer sadly. Scotland makes sense, though I don't know if he's actually good enough for Rangers at this stage of his career (I haven't seen them play for ages).

Edit: Absolute legend, was one of/my favourite player for awhile.

McBurnie has been a key player...

I would agree in our penalty area
But as far as winning headers in the opponents part of the pitch hes been pathetic
He cant control a ball is slow scuffs shots and always diving and looking to moan at the ref

Think he went through a great patch earlier in season after he got his first goal at Luton. Seemed like he had got his head back in the right place and looked the player we thought we had signed. Sadly the last few games seems to have gone backwards. Poor control miss placed passes and goals dried up (apart from Blackburn. Is he fully fit? Has he got personal issues? Certainly not looking like a PL striker if we are there next season.

Some though discissions to make at the end of the season, and those discissions must be made with the head, and not the heart.

Fleck/Enda/Billy/JoC/Osborn etc who all have been fantastic servants, must be released and bring in the next generation of players

Back
Top Bottom