CONFIRMED John Brayford - Contract Mutually Terminated

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's the owners that should be putting money in, that's how it works at every other club, or do you live in a parallel universe to the rest of us??
The board make decisions between them, but don't stump up the cash from their own pockets,it's McCabe and the plastic Prince that are the "money men", you don't need to be an "accountant" to know that a promise of "GAME CHANGING INVESTMENT" should mean at least a bit of cash from these investors, but so far, nowt.

£23.2m in cash up to 30 June this year. All gone on trading losses. Since the Prince came on board.

It appears next to nothing since for this season but it's worth considering they might not actually have bucketloads of cash available. In which case it wasn't the wisest comment to make.

A quote never actually uttered by anyone.

I do recall McCabe mentioning the Prince's hands were tied until we got promoted think the actual quote was "when in the championship we will see the princes true spending power" having said that Im ok with what we have spent. We may lag behind others but I'm Ok with that, too many clubs looking for instant success. I'm all for survive and build rather than balls out and bust.

“We’ve been looking for partner investors for six years and this is fantastic. This is game-changing for this club," says Blades chairman Kevin McCabe

Phipps confirmed the investment will not run to “ridiculous” sums of money, adding: “Think of Liverpool rather than Manchester City.”

1 player from a Premier League reserve team on loan
1 player from a Championship team
3 players from League One
1 player from League Two
1 player from Non-League

Which Liverpool season were they referring to? And how exactly is game changing defined?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-united-set-major-investment-2248316.amp

To be fair surely no one thought that quote meant we were going to spend the same as Liverpool do each year? Put them in context next to the likes of City:

-PL average net spend this summer = £25,326,675
-Championship average net profit this summer = £463312

-Liverpool net spend this summer = £34,650,000
-Sheffield United net spend this summer = £1,630,000

Those numbers are taken from www.transfermarkt.co.uk which obviously may not be entirely accurate.

My point is, Liverpool have a net spend 5 times smaller than Man City this summer, and are likely going to receive a transfer fee of close to £100m fairly soon. Are there many clubs in the Championship who have a net spend this summer of more than 5 times ours? From the same site the list I get is:

Wolves £19.84m
Leeds £13.10m
Wednesday £10.53m
Fulham £7.63m

Obviously this is looking strictly at transfer fees in/out and doesn't take into account sell on fee money etc, and doesn't mean very much in the real world. The point I'm trying to get across is the comparing City to Liverpool was never supposed to mean that we would be on the same level as Liverpool, and that seems obvious doesn't it? The idea would be that we would be up there in the league we're in in terms of spending, which we're clearly not right now. But, if we do spend 2-3m on the likes of Coady and elsewhere then we're not that far off being in that position.

£23.2m in cash up to 30 June this year. All gone on trading losses. Since the Prince came on board.

It appears next to nothing since for this season but it's worth considering they might not actually have bucketloads of cash available. In which case it wasn't the wisest comment to make.
They've got nowt, hence the broken promise of game changing investment, my original point.

Agreed with the 1st point.

Given the 1st point, Snodgrass is probably on more than 20k.
I was just exampling, but on loan we wouldn't need to pay the full 100% of the wage. We don't need a winger anyway.

When did I say "they'd put nowt in"!?

BigBed said:
It's the owners that should be putting money in, that's how it works at every other club, or do you live in a parallel universe to the rest of us??
The board make decisions between them, but don't stump up the cash from their own pockets,it's McCabe and the plastic Prince that are the "money men", you don't need to be an "accountant" to know that a promise of "GAME CHANGING INVESTMENT" should mean at least a bit of cash from these investors, but so far, nowt.

Which night do thing? You've cobbled together two different comments and quoted it as fact.
The season before there was a corporate night event, meal etc, when answering questions, McCabe was asked about finances by a couple of guys and asked about investors they had been told about, mcabe sat at the microphone in front of the room and told everyone that "there would be game changing investment available when we reached the championship".
It was on the radio, and still comes up on every praise or grumble, it was in the stir. Surely you haven't been in space all this time??

BigBed said:
Nowt from any investors. Never said McCabe hadn't, obviously he has, he tells us at every interview.

The season before there was a corporate night event, meal etc, when answering questions, McCabe was asked about finances by a couple of guys and asked about investors they had been told about, mcabe sat at the microphone in front of the room and told everyone that "there would be game changing investment available when we reached the championship".
It was on the radio, and still comes up on every praise or grumble, it was in the stir. Surely you haven't been in space all this time??

The season before what?

The original comment - it was actually "this investment will be game changing - was made when the Prince was announced, not only had I hadn't heard of that comment before but prior to the Prince being announced McCabe had categorically stated that the club would have to stand on its own to feet and cost cutting measures were in place.

John Osborne, usually quite critical of the club btw reports in the link that McCabes comments about finance in the championship weren't made until 2016.

http://www.viewfromthejohnstreet.co...g-blades-faltering-league-one-promotion-hopes

I might have been in space but I wasn't in a time machine.

I think McCabe and the Prince may well be building an attractive investment opportunity rather than a team looking at a promotion push, Good stable club with good gates and a good stadium, Championship level football now with minimal debt in a City with a metropolitan area of over 1 million people. with the Chinese taking over London rd south its pretty much set up perfectly. we must be one of only a handful of clubs left and surely one of the most attractive McCabe has his knockers (wahey) but he's been a constant and still seems interested in the club so can't see him selling to just anyone.

I think McCabe and the Prince may well be building an attractive investment opportunity rather than a team looking at a promotion push, Good stable club with good gates and a good stadium, Championship level football now with minimal debt in a City with a metropolitan area of over 1 million people. with the Chinese taking over London rd south its pretty much set up perfectly. we must be one of only a handful of clubs left and surely one of the most attractive McCabe has his knockers (wahey) but he's been a constant and still seems interested in the club so can't see him selling to just anyone.
Or at all?

Game changing money???

Approaching £18m. Sadly it's been wasted up to last year.

Irrespective of the timing of who said what I agree there doesn't appear to have been much investment at all, up to now, in this transfer window. We have a couple of weeks to wait and see.

The season before what?

The original comment - it was actually "this investment will be game changing - was made when the Prince was announced, not only had I hadn't heard of that comment before but prior to the Prince being announced McCabe had categorically stated that the club would have to stand on its own to feet and cost cutting measures were in place.

John Osborne, usually quite critical of the club btw reports in the link that McCabes comments about finance in the championship weren't made until 2016.

http://www.viewfromthejohnstreet.co...g-blades-faltering-league-one-promotion-hopes

I might have been in space but I wasn't in a time machine.
Was just reading through the other thread on "GAME CHANGING INVESTMENT", you might want to point out your factual findings on there?
And McCabe DID promise game changing investment at the corperate dinner at the end of last season, just had to make a call to one of our sponsers that has a box at the lane, just to make sure i wasnt wrong, in the questions follwing the dinner, McCabe was asked about his original statement, he replied that "the investment is there and will come", make of that what you will, I was simply pointing out, that it hasn't as yet. Time machine or not.

Approaching £18m. Sadly it's been wasted up to last year.

Irrespective of the timing of who said what I agree there doesn't appear to have been much investment at all, up to now, in this transfer window. We have a couple of weeks to wait and see.
Hopefully 3 proper players to build our spine, big defender, big scoring midfielder and a big powerful FAST striker.
Here's praying!

Not in the squad last night. Guessing his transfer to Burton is almost complete, anyone heard anything?

is he an out and out winger or a wing back?

Brayford very rarely played wing back for Burton last season, if at all. He was instead used as a right sided CB of 3.

The only way I envisage Scannell's arrival affecting JB's move is if it used the same budget.

Burton just got drawn away to Man United in the league cup. Some extra income to fund Brayford deal?

IMHO doesn't depend on extra income. It's Clough being his usual spiteful FLN. If it happens it will happen at the last minute in an attempt to fuck up our purchasing plans which to a certain extent depend upon him going. I even expect him to pull out of any proposed deal at the last minute. Makes sense to him. It potentially weakens us financially, it devalues Brayford who he gets cheap in January and we have a demotivated wasting asset.

Back
Top Bottom