Jebbison Post match interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who's that who is says how I've not got man of the match is a scandal,I'm racking my brain I've gone blank

I know it's only 1 game, but I think we'll struggle to keep hold of him next season.

Plenty of rumours before today about interest from some huge clubs, and he seems to have that star quality about him.

Hope I am wrong, because a strike force of him, Brewster, McB, Sharp and Didsy in the Champ should be formidable. Even Burke might be useful next season.

And thanks, in part, to Jebbison, we have our old nickname back! (from the BBC website)

"...

Jebbison offers hope for bright Blades future​

The last senior game Jebbison started was for Chorley against Chester in the National League North in December. But despite jumping up six divisions, he did not look out of place here.

He was central to a battling Blades performance that belied their position at the bottom of the table and offered the supporters hope for next season after a troubled campaign.

The Canada-born forward, who represents England at youth level, showed great awareness to peel away from his marker and score in the seventh minute after Robinson had drilled the ball across the six-yard box..."

I know it's only 1 game, but I think we'll struggle to keep hold of him next season.

Plenty of rumours before today about interest from some huge clubs, and he seems to have that star quality about him.

Hope I am wrong, because a strike force of him, Brewster, McB, Sharp and Didsy in the Champ should be formidable. Even Burke might be useful next season.
Don’t forget Hackford who is also likely to break through.

If it is true about the huge clubs then when you consider we paid £20m plus for Brewster we can safely double that as a starting point for a young striker WITH a premier league goal to his name...

Don’t see it as a problem.
Borussia Dortmund can never keep their better player and they thrive.

The trick is to make sure you get a good price and use that money to improve the squad but to be honest when a player plays 1 game you can’t expect a big transfer fee. That would be rediculous so I doubt we’ll see him until he’s played at least a season in the Championship.

Don’t forget Hackford who is also likely to break through.
Not for next year unfortunately unless he takes a leap. Jebbison has been the striker nailed on to start for the 23s for a while with ndiaye (when fit) or others rotated alongside him. Hackford seems to have dropped back to being moved between the 23’s and 18’s with Osula recently over taking him for minutes that’s fine because he’s very young but unless he takes a massive leap over the summer I doubt he’d be in the first team frame to start the season.

We've got amazing talent at youth level.....and struggling to keep them is definitely a nicer problem to have!

I'd much rather them playing so well it attracts the big clubs, than them underperforming!! Hopefully they'll learn from the likes of DCL, and keep enough quality for ourselves too...!!

Well done Jebbo, proud of the lad 😁👏👏👏👏

Seen a few comments but anyone know for sure what his contract situation is?

Given he's still an academy player and 17 he will be getting paid peanuts. Danger is his agent gets him a move and we get paid just the 'academy rate' ?

Back
Top Bottom