CONFIRMED James McAtee - MGW Replacement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Lowe can be arsed, he is the best LWB we have, but based on last night's performance I can see why many would laugh at that comment.

I did say Khadra could be in the 11, but I am less sure about Ndaye. After a great start last season, it took him a while to re establish a starting place and I wonder whether McAtee might just have a few more tricks in the bag. What couldl help Ndaye however is his versatility, as he could playCF as well.

Fair enough re the young uns.

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest Lowe is the best LWB at this club let alone the league. Everytime he's put a United shirt on he's been an embarrassment.

We're ot seriously taking Forest fans word for things. To be fair he should have looked ok at Forest as all their threat was down the right so I'd imagine teams covered that off leaving Lowe with enough time and space to look marginally less wank than he normally does for us.

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest Lowe is the best LWB at this club let alone the league. Everytime he's put a United shirt on he's been an embarrassment.

We're ot seriously taking Forest fans word for things. To be fair he should have looked ok at Forest as all their threat was down the right so I'd imagine teams covered that off leaving Lowe with enough time and space to look marginally less wank than he normally does for us.

Well if you are so adamant that he is crap, then what's our next best option?

Osborne is better in midfield, and Steven's has looked shot for 2 years. That leaves is with RND, who I personally like but regularly gets pelters on here.

At the end of the day, Lowe did well in a team that gained promotion. We can pick holes in it by saying that teams didn't attack his position etc, but Cooper wouldn't have played him if he wasn't contributing.

Has he actually signed only there’s this bollox article from Examiner Live about Huddersfield making a late swoop for him?

It's all in the Examiner, but from what I understand it's pretty much all completed bar announcement.. so it would have to be a very very last minute hijacking if any truth in it.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-move-for-james-mcatee-24651665

It has been reported elsewhere that Huddersfield came in for him at the last minute but he had already agreed to sign for us. Not sure why it cannot be announced though as he has apparently had his medical etc.

It has been reported elsewhere that Huddersfield came in for him at the last minute but he had already agreed to sign for us. Not sure why it cannot be announced though as he has apparently had his medical etc.
Word is that Toddla T is still waiting on Coco to get back from Magaluf to spit a cold 16 bar

In this world social media plays a part, we’ll be doing all the photography and editing etc. for his announcement vid. Theres no rush if pen has been put to paper and I doubt he’ll feature on Saturday anyway. My guess is we’ll announce Friday as a boost for Saturdays game if the signature has been captured and medical done by now.

Well if you are so adamant that he is crap, then what's our next best option?

Osborne is better in midfield, and Steven's has looked shot for 2 years. That leaves is with RND, who I personally like but regularly gets pelters on here.

At the end of the day, Lowe did well in a team that gained promotion. We can pick holes in it by saying that teams didn't attack his position etc, but Cooper wouldn't have played him if he wasn't contributing.
We have to go with RND, he's got it in his system, look how he played during the play offs, I'm hoping that becomes the normal for him... at the moment we have Stevens who use to be a baller, nutmegging for days in the first half of our promotion season... then from the second half onwards he's become woeful, gutting as he was one of my favourite players, time to move on.
Lowe... I get what you are saying regards Cooper playing him and I do hope yoh are right, but wow he was dreadful absolutely dreadful I'd rather mcevershit back.

Evening chaps. A Man City fan here as James is probably our next best prospect since Foden.

We just sold Lavia a cm to Southampton for 13 million and McAtee is a much better prospect for us.

So, this boy has been hyped as the next big thing for about 7 years. Most city fans are fairly gutted James has left but getting 10 games for us this season obviously isn’t deemed enough.

As a player he gets you off your feet, his vision and silky smoothness on the ball is incredible while he’s a great poacher and finisher too.

At City his long term position will be as one of the roaming cm roles, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he plays further up. As pep says with Foden ‘he is a killer’, so if Mcatee gets a sniff at goal he’s lethal.

With all the interest it’s fairly obvious that Hecky had a clear vision for the player and has assured James he’ll be a big part of the team.

Anyway, enjoy Mcatee this season, maybe he can have another loan next year with you in the Premier league too.
You do know it's Sheffield United he might be signing for not Sheffield Wednesday ?
Just checking because we are led to believe all Man City Fans want Sheffield Wednesday back in the Premiership.

You know how long it takes our media team to make them videos dont you??!!

When you look at senior players like Egan, Fleck and Norwood, it’s easy to see they are not enjoying the pressure of first team football anymore.
Eagan’s solution is work harder.
No idea what Fleck is thinking.
Norwood points more, believing it absolves him of responsibility.
Watching the McAtee video, it’s clear he is enjoying his football. That’s the difference.
We have too few senior players with Billy Sharp’s emotional commitment and love for the club.
Yeah the coaching staff were impressed all week/summer/season with Norwood's pointing... 🙄😄

Have a think before posting things like that (you're not the first or the last)! More likely scenario is that you've written him off which makes your opinion biased/skewed now.

You won't find all the Championship players slagging Norwood off, they'll all tell you he's quality.

Overall it's an odd and baseless claim to suggest they're not enjoying the pressure of football. Especially after that excellent performance in the playoffs at the end of the season. And battering Fulham to get in the playoffs, etc.

P.S. I believe Doyle is intended to replace Fleck. Most of Fleck's performances last season merited getting dropped, in fairness.

Yeah the coaching staff were impressed all week/summer/season with Norwood's pointing... 🙄😄

Have a think before posting things like that (you're not the first or the last)! More likely scenario is that you've written him off which makes your opinion biased/skewed now.

You won't find all the Championship players slagging Norwood off, they'll all tell you he's quality.

Overall it's an odd and baseless claim to suggest they're not enjoying the pressure of football. Especially after that excellent performance in the playoffs at the end of the season. And battering Fulham to get in the playoffs, etc.

P.S. I believe Doyle is intended to replace Fleck. Most of Fleck's performances last season merited getting dropped, in fairness.
Norwood is very good at some things and very poor at others. So, he’ll always divide opinion. For me, he’s a “system player”. By that I mean he’s very good if used properly, if asked to do the things he’s good at and we’re not too dependent on him doing the things he’s not good at. Like Gannon, or Brittan or many others we’ve seen.
And he’s really a championship player. There’s usually a reason players play most of their career in a lower division than the PL. At championship level, in the right system, he’s a good player. I think he’d benefit from a bit more competition for his place, which hopefully he’ll get this season. I do get though that players can get a bit stale if they’re at one club too long, maybe it’s right that this is his last season with us. Whatever happens, we should remember that his signing kick started our promotion season and give him a break, it’s clear he cares.

Weeeerz announcement heckeh ya snakey bastard

Hecky still doesn't know anything about it. Got Van Winckel written all over it.

In this world social media plays a part, we’ll be doing all the photography and editing etc. for his announcement vid. Theres no rush if pen has been put to paper and I doubt he’ll feature on Saturday anyway. My guess is we’ll announce Friday as a boost for Saturdays game if the signature has been captured and medical done by now.

Any chance your mate could provide more notice for future signings? We don't have a prayer of getting to the mandatory 100 pages on here before he's announced!

Hecky still doesn't know anything about it. Got Van Winckel written all over it.
The Star story actually said that Hecky didn't know anything about how far the deal had progressed.
But don't let the truth stop you slagging the club off 😄

The Star story actually said that Hecky didn't know anything about how far the deal had progressed.
But don't let the truth stop you slagging the club off 😄

No, you're right. Paul Heckingbottom, the club manager, has no idea whats happening in his transfer department, and always tells the absolute truth to Andy Giddings & Adam Oxley about everything.

No, you're right. Paul Heckingbottom, the club manager, has no idea whats happening in his transfer department, and always tells the absolute truth to Andy Giddings & Adam Oxley about everything.
Sounds like you're looking for things to get mad about here pal. Clearly states he's been spending his time getting the team ready for the game.

1659519637955.png

I think he was specifically talking about not knowing about the medical part of it.

Sounds like you're looking for things to get mad about here pal. Clearly states he's been spending his time getting the team ready for the game.

View attachment 140962

im chill. i dont get mad about anything in here at all. What i do do though, is take what football professionals say to the media with a massive pinch of salt.

im chill. i dont get mad about anything in here at all. What i do do though, is take what football professionals say to the media with a massive pinch of salt.
If you aren't going to read all the words, you might need more salt

I lived over on the dirty red rose side of the hills for a couple of years and during which, I made some really good friends. The pub I drank in was maybe 3/4 citeehhh and 1/4 United…… but anyway.

I messaged one particular mate regarding McAtee tonight…. I chose hun because he isn’t a tinpot, glory seeking, armchair wanker. He’s a proper home and away fan, who I enjoy talking football with. He knows his stuff and he has a soft spot for the blades as well…..

But anyway, I can’t quote exact word for word, but he said something like…..

“Are we letting him out on loan?… I’m shocked about that…. I expected him to be playing more for us this year”.

“That lad is mustard. I would go as far as saying he’s the best young player that I’ve seen at City for his age…..”

“Did you seem him playing for us last season, he wasn’t out of place what so ever. He could walk into 3/4 of the premier league teams right now, he’s that good. He’s got everything, I’d pick him over a few of our regular players now.”
Your mate obviously rates him highly, re his last sentence 'I'd pick him over a few of our regular players now'......let's hope Hecky shares that view and he displaces one of the old favourites!

Do Doyle and McAtee spell the end for Norwood and Fleck as they arent here to sit on the bench? Or does this indicate Berge is off and one of the other two get a reprieve?

Back
Top Bottom