CONFIRMED James McAtee - MGW Replacement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I just wonder how on earth we'll fit Ndiaye, Khadra and McAtee into the starting 11, assuming that is the plan! I can only guess that we're gonna go just one striker up top, either Billy, Brewster, McBurnie or Jebbo, and something has to give there, probably Jebbo going out on loan unless he does well over the next few weeks.
Works for citeh 😁

If you aren't going to read all the words, you might need more salt

I listened to the interview after the match. I get what's being said. Focussed on Watford, shown the reports. I'm not disputing that. But seriously, come on.

Smoke and mirrors.

If the interest around McAtee from other clubs is genuine of course he's going to deflect it.

I listened to the interview after the match. I get what's being said. Focussed on Watford, shown the reports. I'm not disputing that. But seriously, come on.

Smoke and mirrors.

If the interest around McAtee from other clubs is genuine of course he's going to deflect it.

"Hecky still doesn't know anything about it. Got Van Winckel written all over it."

Why would he deflect from something that Van Winckel has arranged without his knowledge

"Hecky still doesn't know anything about it. Got Van Winckel written all over it."

Why would he deflect from something that Van Winckel has arranged without his knowledge

Lol, that's a banter post. Literally just a joke. I don't beat the club up about it all, I just take other people's sticks.

We really do need a sarcasm emoji.

Lol, that's a banter post. Literally just a joke. I don't beat the club up about it all, I just take other people's sticks.

We really do need a sarcasm emoji.
Fair play, was really hard to see the sarcasm on that post because it's word-for-word what you'd normally see on here.

Whatever happens, we just need to hope that he and doyle in the middle and Khadra and Ndiaye playing, we should be looking forrad to some actual attacking threat for once!

Leon Clarke left awhile ago mate...

But if you mean the Ceiran Clark who was told at last minute he would be playing on the wrong side of defense to which he's played all his career and against probably, currently, the best striker in the league??

I'll reserve judgment until he's had a run in the team in his normal position thanks.

He was told last minute? Why the hell was that?

One point about Doyle and McAtee is that even though pairing them in CM would raise the old lightweight / inexperienced concerns, they're already familiar with each other and will be invested in developing a partnership, with an eye on City and maybe England in the future, not just individual loanees, unfamiliar and playing for themselves a bit. So all the better for the team. The reward is worth the risk with this I think. Anything but Norwood and Fleck anyway 🙏

A midfield of Doyle, McAtee and Khedra , add Ndiaye to that side and you’ve got a very attack minded line up.
But we all know that won’t happen be a flat three of fleck Norwood and Berge zzzz!

Can someone well informed, maybe Chief Scout please inform me if Mcatee is an attacking midfielder or a central midfielder?

If Attacking Midfielder then why do people think we can play McAtee in centre midfield. Has no one heard of defending?

Foderingham
Bogle - Anel - Egan - Clark - RND
McAtee - Doyle
Berge
Ndiaye - Brewster
I haven't ever seen Anel, Doyle and Mcatee play
I've seen 60 minutes of Clark, getting run all over the pitch by Watford
Bogle is out till October apparently
and Brewster has scored 3 league goals in 2 seasons

Other than that, I'm all for it :)

Have I missed something when a side brimming with Premier League quality and 3 of the most pacey, dangerous players in the league up front calls for a complete overhaul and “The season is over” mentality?

McAtee is a good acquisition and could go full Woodburn or towards MGW. He’s completely unknown minus doing business at PL2 level. GLTTL to push on and have a “Harvey Elliott” season when he lights the league up.

McAtee - 6 career appearances in all competitions - straight into our lineup because we lost the other night.

Reactionary? :D
Team for Saturday - Why not ?

Wes
New Signing (that hecky keeps going on about) - Anel - Lopata - Clark - Lowe
Doyle - McAtee
Khedra - Coulibaly - Arblaster
Osula

Fuck what we know about, youth and unknown is the future. They'll all be fantastic.

Any chance your mate could provide more notice for future signings? We don't have a prayer of getting to the mandatory 100 pages on here before he's announced!
😆 yeh I’m always on to him when it comes to Blades signings. He’s an agent and reps some Championship talent. He’s actually been right about a few of our signings way before the press pick it up but I’ve been reluctant to post on here in case they’ve been wrong - but they haven’t. So I trust him now so will update on anything useful.

Maybe it's time to revisit the experiment of Berge at the base of midfield, but with more of a box to box licence than previous.
It hasn't worked historically, but we were playing in the PL then and he seems more confident now in his abilities.
It could kill a couple of birds with one stone were it to work.

A team of:

....................Wes
.......Anel.....Egan...Robinson
Bogle.....Berge...Doyle......Lowe
..........Ndiaye.......McAtee
...................Sharp

Bench: Davies, Baldock, Basham, RND, Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Khadra, Brewster, Jebbison.

looks really strong on paper (even though injuries will prevent it from ever happening).

Just a thought on becoming a more mobile team with better ball carriers to get us through the lines.
People will no doubt react to the dropping of Norwood, but I do think he hampers us a bit at times.

Back
Top Bottom