CONFIRMED James McAtee - MGW Replacement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A mate of mine is a city fan and he says that mcatee is Kevin de bruyne type of a player and liverpool were making big bids for him before he signed a contract extension, and Doyle's more versatile and can play attacking, or as a defensive holding midfielder

He should have shown him treatment room .... oh sorry it was full 🤔
As usual .Can not believe all these injuries and we have only played one match ,most injuries got on the training pitch . Something wrong?

As usual .Can not believe all these injuries and we have only played one match ,most injuries got on the training pitch . Something wrong?
Definitely... is it down to training methods?... its happening on a regular basis .... surprised clubs loaning us players arnt concerned about this to 🤔

Once everyone is fully fit and we have got going (as it were), I expect this will be the starting 11, although you could easily see Khadra in for either Berge or McAtee.

Looking at the squad as a whole, I do worry that we are still light of reliable strikers, unless McB suddenly comes good.

................................Wes....................................
..............Anel..........Egan.........Clarke................
Bogle.........................................................Lowe
..................Norwood.........Doyle.........................
..........Berge.................................McAttee..........
.............................Brewster.................................

Squad:

Davies
Eastwood
Bash
Baldock
Stevens
RND
JLT
Gordon
Łopata
Fleck
Ozzy
Coulibaly
Arblaster
Khadra
Ndaye
Sharp
McB
Jebbo
Osula

We're basically trying to do what Forest did last season. Their loans got them promoted!
Getting the loans right is arguably the biggest factor in mounting a successful Championship promotion campaign.

On another note, news of this lad's arrival possibly explains the mardy looking displays from those currently wearing our midfield shirts, last night.

Once everyone is fully fit and we have got going (as it were), I expect this will be the starting 11, although you could easily see Khadra in for either Berge or McAtee.

Looking at the squad as a whole, I do worry that we are still light of reliable strikers, unless McB suddenly comes good.

................................Wes....................................
..............Anel..........Egan.........Clarke................
Bogle.........................................................Lowe
..................Norwood.........Doyle.........................
..........Berge.................................McAttee..........
.............................Brewster.................................

Squad:

Davies
Eastwood
Bash
Baldock
Stevens
RND
JLT
Gordon
Łopata
Fleck
Ozzy
Coulibaly
Arblaster
Khadra
Ndaye
Sharp
McB
Jebbo
Osula
Eastwood and Lopata won't be in any squads anytime soon.
Lowe should be no where near our best 11.
Khadra and N'Diaye will be starters.

Eastwood and Lopata won't be in any squads anytime soon.
Lowe should be no where near our best 11.
Khadra and N'Diaye will be starters.

If Lowe can be arsed, he is the best LWB we have, but based on last night's performance I can see why many would laugh at that comment.

I did say Khadra could be in the 11, but I am less sure about Ndaye. After a great start last season, it took him a while to re establish a starting place and I wonder whether McAtee might just have a few more tricks in the bag. What couldl help Ndaye however is his versatility, as he could playCF as well.

Fair enough re the young uns.

Evening chaps. A Man City fan here as James is probably our next best prospect since Foden.

We just sold Lavia a cm to Southampton for 13 million and McAtee is a much better prospect for us.

So, this boy has been hyped as the next big thing for about 7 years. Most city fans are fairly gutted James has left but getting 10 games for us this season obviously isn’t deemed enough.

As a player he gets you off your feet, his vision and silky smoothness on the ball is incredible while he’s a great poacher and finisher too.

At City his long term position will be as one of the roaming cm roles, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he plays further up. As pep says with Foden ‘he is a killer’, so if Mcatee gets a sniff at goal he’s lethal.

With all the interest it’s fairly obvious that Hecky had a clear vision for the player and has assured James he’ll be a big part of the team.

Anyway, enjoy Mcatee this season, maybe he can have another loan next year with you in the Premier league too.

Evening chaps. A Man City fan here as James is probably our next best prospect since Foden.

We just sold Lavia a cm to Southampton for 13 million and McAtee is a much better prospect for us.

So, this boy has been hyped as the next big thing for about 7 years. Most city fans are fairly gutted James has left but getting 10 games for us this season obviously isn’t deemed enough.

As a player he gets you off your feet, his vision and silky smoothness on the ball is incredible while he’s a great poacher and finisher too.

At City his long term position will be as one of the roaming cm roles, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he plays further up. As pep says with Foden ‘he is a killer’, so if Mcatee gets a sniff at goal he’s lethal.

With all the interest it’s fairly obvious that Hecky had a clear vision for the player and has assured James he’ll be a big part of the team.

Anyway, enjoy Mcatee this season, maybe he can have another loan next year with you in the Premier league too.
You’ve charmed me sir, you can stay.

Thanks mate. Always a risk when you take a youngster on loan but it’s good to hear that we seem to be taking on a real prospect.

I lived over on the dirty red rose side of the hills for a couple of years and during which, I made some really good friends. The pub I drank in was maybe 3/4 citeehhh and 1/4 United…… but anyway.

I messaged one particular mate regarding McAtee tonight…. I chose hun because he isn’t a tinpot, glory seeking, armchair wanker. He’s a proper home and away fan, who I enjoy talking football with. He knows his stuff and he has a soft spot for the blades as well…..

But anyway, I can’t quote exact word for word, but he said something like…..

“Are we letting him out on loan?… I’m shocked about that…. I expected him to be playing more for us this year”.

“That lad is mustard. I would go as far as saying he’s the best young player that I’ve seen at City for his age…..”

“Did you seem him playing for us last season, he wasn’t out of place what so ever. He could walk into 3/4 of the premier league teams right now, he’s that good. He’s got everything, I’d pick him over a few of our regular players now.”

After last night Clarke should be no where near our team 11 .
Leon Clarke left awhile ago mate...

But if you mean the Ceiran Clark who was told at last minute he would be playing on the wrong side of defense to which he's played all his career and against probably, currently, the best striker in the league??

I'll reserve judgment until he's had a run in the team in his normal position thanks.

I'd imagine given his decision over other he's had starting promises be it contractual or just verbal but he isn't here to watch championship football pitchside

When you look at senior players like Egan, Fleck and Norwood, it’s easy to see they are not enjoying the pressure of first team football anymore.
Eagan’s solution is work harder.
No idea what Fleck is thinking.
Norwood points more, believing it absolves him of responsibility.
Watching the McAtee video, it’s clear he is enjoying his football. That’s the difference.
We have too few senior players with Billy Sharp’s emotional commitment and love for the club.

Booo! I much prefer it when we get guest appearances from Brentford, Brighton and Notts Forest fans.

Back
Top Bottom