James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think you're overreacting a tad Dronnie.

As usual, context is everything. My take on Hanson's purchase was that Wilder needed difference from his forwards, by bringing in Hanson that's exactly what we got, and Hanson's presence, when selected, was enough to disrupt opposing defences and give us an edge. Horses for courses if you like, but you can't blame Wilder for making that call. It worked. We achieved promotion, and, despite any protestations to the contrary, Hanson did make a contribution to our promotion.

It's really no more complicated than that.
Context indeed everything.

The overstated impact of James Hansons role, impact and necessity on our promotion being precisely one example.

If Hanson never pulled on the shirt, as sure as eggs is eggs, we still romp the league. Romp it.

Our overall quality there for all to see. Streets ahead of the rest. As was the case before he arrived.

Dress it up how you want. One goal and one or two assists for a player that features that high up the pitch is a shocking overall output.

Just ask Freeman, Lafferty, JOC.

UTB

The overstated impact of James Hansons role, impact and necessity on our promotion being precisely one example.

If Hanson never pulled on the shirt, as sure as eggs is eggs, we still romp the league. Romp it.

Our overall quality there for all to see. Streets ahead of the rest. As was the case before he arrived.

Dress it up how you want. One goal and one or two assists for a player that features that high up the pitch is a shocking overall output.

UTB

So, with your undoubted talent for 'knowing' where we'll finish in the league, what of this season? Go on, reveal all now, it'll make life far less complicated if we know what's ahead. :oops:

The thing is, the 'certainty' you refer to would have been banished by Wilder long before the season's end. He'd have slaughtered anyone foolish enough to have assumed how the season would've ended. Which might reveal why he brought in Hanson, as a precautionary assist as we pushed on. You clearly think it was a humongous error, but wouldn't we all love to have hindsight as a guide through life, let alone football.

Maybe a few more 'How To Do It' posts would benefit everyone, management included? It can't do any harm, and not having to bother with all the intricacies of how a deal is constructed, whether a player seems right for this club (something Wilder is keen on) etc, and whether, at the time, it all seems to fit together.

Getting things wrong affects everyone, and that includes the very best, whether it's Ferguson or Wenger. So 'young' Chris is still on his learning curve and will sometimes make the occasional error, but whether it's worth making a song and dance over, well I guess it all depends on whether that's your thing?

I quite like Hanson
The problem is people assume he encourages a certain type of football......we don't play that way

But he can be successful with us if we had out and out wingers getting good crosses in........we don't play that way

He could also be successful if played to his feet with energetic midfielders going beyond him, looking for flick ons and lay offs......we don't play that way either

So it's difficult to understand why he was bought in the first place

I quite like Hanson
The problem is people assume he encourages a certain type of football......we don't play that way

But he can be successful with us if we had out and out wingers getting good crosses in........we don't play that way

He could also be successful if played to his feet with energetic midfielders going beyond him, looking for flick ons and lay offs......we don't play that way either

So it's difficult to understand why he was bought in the first place

He was an insurance policy purchase at the time but as we all know, their is always a better policy if you look hard enough..

UTB

UTB
Do you ever go like or do you just go by Football manager scenarios ? Because you don't half post some shite.

Do you ever go like or do you just go by Football manager scenarios ? Because you don't half post some shite.
Sitwell. A well known clapper of useless CF lumps.

Or did i make that up as well ?

Supporters like you, make me cringe. Hopeless know nowts who defend what is patently indefensible. I know of no other clubs supporters that chear so raucously when a player loses possession for its team. Not 1.

Love the hoof :)

UTB

Sitwell. A well known clapper of useless CF lumps.

Or did i make that up as well ?

Supporters like you, make me cringe. Hopeless know nowts who defend what is patently indefensible. I know of no other clubs supporters that chear so raucously when a player loses possession for its team. Not 1.

Love the hoof :)

UTB
Like I said ,you talk utter shite. And why are you trying to imitate Pinchy ,very poorly as it happens.

Like I said ,you talk utter shite. And why are you trying to imitate Pinchy ,very poorly as it happens.
Your opinion is entitled.

Horseshit, but entitled.

UTB

Ps they broke the Mould when they made me. Cheap imitations need not apply ;)

Scunthorpe interested too, it seems as though whilst he is here we'll use him if/when required but should a club offer what we paid for him, then he is free to leave.

Personally I'd like to see him given a few games.

Hanson tops a list of big useless lumps that have courted "favour" with an out of date, out of touch section of our support. A section of our support that cheers raucously every time said "lump" heads it / flicks it on straight to an opponents feet. That doesn't grasp the FACT that every time said "lump" is directly involved in play, it results in possession turnover up to 90% of the time. 90%. What's fucking good about that ?

Hendo Higgo and Sammon to name a few that have all had plaudits from all corners of BDTBL. All of which were mistakes. Huge ones as it turns out and a significant reason of our decline over the last decade.

I thought we had turned a corner with Wilder. I still believe we have. But then enter James ducking Hanson, as bizarre a signing as any of those mentioned.

The saving grace could be Wilder accepting his mistake (think Hussey) and moving him on.

Thanks for your contribution James. So clearly vital to our promotion last year, according to the experts.

Fuck me dead !!

UTB

Clown.

We won nowt up top tonight. Would like to have seen how Hanson would have faired.

Got to add to everything that's been said about Hanson, didn't play tonight or at any time this season, yet it's suggested he's a contributory factor in our results so far.

The guy plays no part in the pointless whinging that seems to surround the fact that he's currently a Blade. There are those who zoom in on an easy target like Hanson, and consider this a relevant critique for tearing apart someone who was only intended to play a part last season when it suited the manager. That's passed, so why the bitter attitude I've no idea, yet Hanson seems to get the type of flak that should only be reserved for players who don't try or do their best on our behalf. Leave the guy alone, we all know his capabilities, yet this constant moaning only reflects on those who can't choose more important issues to write about.

Problem is that someone can just ring fat boy at Mansfield and find out how much we'd accept.

MMMBOP!

Got to add to everything that's been said about Hanson, didn't play tonight or at any time this season, yet it's suggested he's a contributory factor in our results so far.

The guy plays no part in the pointless whinging that seems to surround the fact that he's currently a Blade. There are those who zoom in on an easy target like Hanson, and consider this a relevant critique for tearing apart someone who was only intended to play a part last season when it suited the manager. That's passed, so why the bitter attitude I've no idea, yet Hanson seems to get the type of flak that should only be reserved for players who don't try or do their best on our behalf. Leave the guy alone, we all know his capabilities, yet this constant moaning only reflects on those who can't choose more important issues to write about.
They probably think his wages could be better spent on someone else.

They probably think his wages coulure this d be better spent on someone else.

Not arguing that point mate, it's a business where turnover is accepted and thus the wage bill fluctuates.

What's under discussion is the wisdom that supported buying Hanson in the first place. It was January, we had momentum, and Wilder thought we needed someone a bit different up front. To secure this deal we had to offer a contract that was better than Hanson's existing one at Bradford. It's not complicated and we all know what followed.....but I guess those who enjoy sitting in the manager's chair will always assume they could do the job better than the current incumbent.

Interesting situation this, Wilder was full of praise for him when we signed him and to be fair he did his job but his limitations were clear. I didn't expect us to move him on so soon, suspected Wilder may give him a crack at the Championship as he's only been here 5 minutes. would appear his isn't willing to try him and if I'm honest I can see why and after last nights interview seems quite keen to move him on

Interesting situation this, Wilder was full of praise for him when we signed him and to be fair he did his job but his limitations were clear. I didn't expect us to move him on so soon, suspected Wilder may give him a crack at the Championship as he's only been here 5 minutes. would appear his isn't willing to try him and if I'm honest I can see why and after last nights interview seems quite keen to move him on

I thought he'd go in January if he'd not played much and in the meantime he'd get the odd appearance to come off the bench and hold the ball up when we were winning to close out a game. Maybe Wilder's thought Clarke will do that and Hanson is simply going to play. He signed Hanson primarily for Clarke's absence and if he leaves I think we can be very grateful for Hanson's immediate impact because we were on a bad run at the time and Hanson played a huge part in those first few games, scoring and creating goals with his flick ons/headers. Then Clarke came back and the rest is history. If he goes he'll always be remembered fondly by our fans I'm sure.

Given the choice I would rather have Hanson than Clarke.

I wouldn't. Clarke will no doubt be on the bench soon when Ched gets fitter. In the role Clarke will play as a sub to hold the ball up and nick a goal I'd fancy Clarke to do the latter over Hanson. Yes no one is better at the target man role than Hanson but we are likely to be needing someone to come and get a goal to equalise or get a winner more this season than we are to be in a position of defending a lead at the death. Hanson has done a decent job but he just won't get the goals we need off the bench. Clarke has more chance of that I think. Only time will tell. After Brentford, everyone was loving Clarke!

I wouldn't. Clarke will no doubt be on the bench soon when Ched gets fitter. In the role Clarke will play as a sub to hold the ball up and nick a goal I'd fancy Clarke to do the latter over Hanson. Yes no one is better at the target man role than Hanson but we are likely to be needing someone to come and get a goal to equalise or get a winner more this season than we are to be in a position of defending a lead at the death. Hanson has done a decent job but he just won't get the goals we need off the bench. Clarke has more chance of that I think. Only time will tell. After Brentford, everyone was loving Clarke!
You think Sharp will start many games?

Back
Top Bottom