James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Hanson will go, as will Brayford, Lavery possibly loaned and I have a strange feeling that Duffy might also leave, I do think we will get Lenihan and Leonard eventually, Lolley I think is a getable loan and I can see someone like Joe Mason arriving as well.

I can also see that all the above is total bs and none of it will happen, but we will and need a very busy and active next 2 weeks...hopefully

I wouldn't. Clarke will no doubt be on the bench soon when Ched gets fitter. In the role Clarke will play as a sub to hold the ball up and nick a goal I'd fancy Clarke to do the latter over Hanson. Yes no one is better at the target man role than Hanson but we are likely to be needing someone to come and get a goal to equalise or get a winner more this season than we are to be in a position of defending a lead at the death. Hanson has done a decent job but he just won't get the goals we need off the bench. Clarke has more chance of that I think. Only time will tell. After Brentford, everyone was loving Clarke!
For the role that will be required, I think I'd rather have Hansen as well.

Leon is probably a more well rounded player. But this is potentially to his detriment at this level being jack of all trades but perhaps not quite good enough in any attribute. It is going to lead to him being relatively ineffectual and at best a player that rotates with other much of a muchness players.

Players with many outstanding dimensions e.g. aerial, pace, dribbling, finishing are going to be very expensive.

You cannot deny that Hansen does have at least one outstanding attribute and for that reason it's one thing he does bring to the table that in a certain game situation he can be effectual.

Perhaps he would be limited to 20 minute cameos to rough up the centre halves, win balls in the air and allow us to exercise plan B. There is a place for this though. Same with Lavery, if he can add some genuine pace. Both of these attributes can create openings as tired legs kick in.

Plan A of Sharp and Clarke feels a bit meh at the minute. If Billy isn't getting chances, he's a bit of a passenger and if Clarke isn't able to gain a competitive advantage over his opponent, we're in for some tough matches.

If he can prove his fitness, then Evans is probably the most rounded player we have and with potential for some of his attributes to be outstanding. His finishing and shooting power shouldn't have diminished really.

I'd get rid of Clarke before Hansen, because Hansen is a better plan B. I don't see either as Plan A and if we need more from the forwards in open play because chances are hard to come by, then Billy doesn't look Plan A either. I'd be surprised if Evans isn't a certain starter by end of September, fitness permitting.

Given the choice I would rather have Hanson than Clarke.
Think they both have attributes over each other but we need one person with both their attributes + pace and athleticism, basically a quicker ched.

Both players were brought in to do a job to get us out of the PPL we were in for 6 years. Unfortunately their skills are not transferable to the new championship.
But nothing will happen clear out wise until McCabe (and possibly CW) realise you can't have Players that grind out results over skill week in week out. Risk is that realisation might mean us flirting with religation if we are not careful

Given the choice I would rather have Hanson than Clarke.

If that's the choice we'll be closer to the bottom of the league than the top. I've nothing against either player but on current evidence they're not going to score many goals this season.

I have my doubts he's good enough for the championship...

However we are gonna be chasing games and if we end the games getting balls into the box - he is certainly an option to win headers and knock ons etc.

I have my doubts he's good enough for the championship...

However we are gonna be chasing games and if we end the games getting balls into the box - he is certainly an option to win headers and knock ons etc.

Agree...and I think that was the role probably the vast majority of fans earmarked for James in the Championship....chasing a game with 15-20 minutes to go.....bomb the long balls in the box and feed off the scraps...

The only problem is, for a big unit Hanson isn't actually that good in the air and he tends to give away as many fouls as he wins headers..

Agree...and I think that was the role probably the vast majority of fans earmarked for James in the Championship....chasing a game with 15-20 minutes to go.....bomb the long balls in the box and feed off the scraps...

The only problem is, for a big unit Hanson isn't actually that good in the air and he tends to give away as many fouls as he wins headers..
Bomb long balls and feed off scraps. Mmmmmmm. Sounds fascinating !

Isn't that good in the air and gives more fouls away. Mmmmmmmm. Where I heard that b4 ?

A ray of light sir, on an otherwise grey subject.

UTB

Isn't that good in the air and gives more fouls away. Mmmmmmmm. Where I heard that b4 ?

UTB

Darius MK2.......in fact I should have said Hanson concedes more fouls than he wins headers..

Hanson's attributes are exactly the same and probably just as effective in the championship. He doesn't score goals he holds up play and works hard. Its very limited, but is a useful option if we need to manage games!

Strangely enough, I can officially disclose that my views on the game closely align with that of Mr A.

Close Carruthbertky, but no gar this time :)

UTB

So were you like a non league Carl Asaba?

Will anyone on here have heard of you?

Hanson's attributes are exactly the same and probably just as effective in the championship. He doesn't score goals he holds up play and works hard. Its very limited, but is a useful option if we need to manage games!

It's going to be controversial I know, but let's look at the teams looking at Hanson which are rumoured to be Mansfield and Scunthorpe. Personally if we are looking for a target man we need to do better. Ok let's keep Hanson if we can't but we need to move on quickly if we can. IMO.

So were you like a non league Carl Asaba?

Will anyone on here have heard of you?[/QUOTE
Think Glyn Hodges but all right foot, not left. And roughly about the same amount of time in the boozer :)

UTB

It's going to be controversial I know, but let's look at the teams looking at Hanson which are rumoured to be Mansfield and Scunthorpe. Personally if we are looking for a target man we need to do better. Ok let's keep Hanson if we can't but we need to move on quickly if we can. IMO.
Controversial ? Nay lad. Only perhaps to the apologists !

Statement of fact ? Let's not let that get in the way of a couple of dozen misguided sorts, shall we ? :):)

GLTTL.

UTB

Last edited:

UTB

He's here! Like a moth to a fuckin flame? For your information I presume everyone of us wants to see us play like Barcelona? But here's the problem, hence why I believe CW bought Hanson here. And why we're always gonna need a Hanson type player. In case you haven't twigged it yet, we ain't Barcelona! So we ain't got Barcelona type players? We also don't have the required monetary treasure chest to sign Barcelona type players? And even if we did have some Barcelona type players come through the academy, we haven't got the money to pay the Barcelona type wages. So they'd get poached straight away? Got it? Hence why when our nice style of football doesn't break teams down, we fetch Hanson on to bludgeon our way through. So do us all a favour and quit your broken record act, ffs man.

I wouldn't sell anyone including Hanson until we bring some players in. We are short upfront as it is so let's wait and see if there's any money for reinforcements before jettisoning what we have.

He's here! Like a moth to a fuckin flame? For your information I presume everyone of us wants to see us play like Barcelona? But here's the problem, hence why I believe CW bought Hanson here. And why we're always gonna need a Hanson type player. In case you haven't twigged it yet, we ain't Barcelona! So we ain't got Barcelona type players? We also don't have the required monetary treasure chest to sign Barcelona type players? And even if we did have some Barcelona type players come through the academy, we haven't got the money to pay the Barcelona type wages. So they'd get poached straight away? Got it? Hence why when our nice style of football doesn't break teams down, we fetch Hanson on to bludgeon our way through. So do us all a favour and quit your broken record act, ffs man.
2.5 hours to precise !

Always happy to entertain you, good sir.

:):)

UTB

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

Blackburn are having a look apparently. It might get the Lennihan price down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom