James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

More like Hanson value will be the add ons

Initial fee to remain the same..................£5m according to Mowbray ..................... :D lmao

Being the dinosaur the he is, I'm surprised he's not accepted 20 groats.

Hanson plus 250k
17940.jpg

Rumour I heard in the ground was Hanson plus cash for Danny Graham and Lenihan.

Why would we want Graham?
How about cus he's cheap, Lavery is looking like he's not good enough, Ched isn't 100% fit and now Clarke is suspended. That leaves Sharp and if anything happens to him we are well and truly @@@@@@

Like I said pal, it was a rumour I heard in the ground - I don't scout for the club.
I'm not digging, just asking the question he is an intelligent player just not a prolific goal scorer or quick/pacy or a goal scoring target man type which are the options we lack.

How about cus he's cheap, Lavery is looking like he's not good enough, Ched isn't 100% fit and now Clarke is suspended. That leaves Sharp and if anything happens to him we are well and truly @@@@@@

So why buy no better than you have coz he is cheap. His wages automatically make him expensive I'd bet he is on the same as billy their wage bill has crippled them. And clarke is missing 3 games one of which is a cup game so do we need to panic buy someone who doesn't improve us?

How about cus he's cheap, Lavery is looking like he's not good enough, Ched isn't 100% fit and now Clarke is suspended. That leaves Sharp and if anything happens to him we are well and truly @@@@@@[/QUOTE
Bit early to write Lavery off he's not had a real chance yet this season.He's gone down the pecking order ( wilder probably wanting more from him ) .He would have been useful on Sat as his aggression and running would have given us a different dimension ( playing with 10,men ) .Having g said that wilder may feel he's not good enough and be. willing to sell.

So why buy no better than you have coz he is cheap. His wages automatically make him expensive I'd bet he is on the same as billy their wage bill has crippled them. And clarke is missing 3 games one of which is a cup game so do we need to panic buy someone who doesn't improve us?
Adebo I didn't mean to give the impression I think we should be signing Graham I definitely don't, but I can see why we might be linked to him given our seeming lack of money.

I'd have liked to see us sign Bogle but that ship has sailed so Wilder needs to work his lower league magic as any proven striker at our level is 5m plus

Don't see how we can let Hanson go when at the moment it looks like sharp is our only fit striker.

We need a couple up top desperately with lavery out, if as speculated ched is struggling with injury and Clark suspended.

Thread bare in a key position - but hopefully we see some movement today / tomorrow. Or we are gonna need to rethink our formation

Last edited:
Really wanted him to have been given a chance this season but it does seem as though he's off.

Really wanted him to have been given a chance this season but it does seem as though he's off.
Having now seen there is quite a gulf between L1 and Championship I cannot see JH doing anything in the Championship so I say if we get the chance to off load let's do it. Worst case scenario we play Billy up front and Brooks just behind him for a couple of games until Leon is back and Ched gets fitter but hopefully we will get JS or someone else over the line by the end of the window.

Hmm. I know we don't really need the dosh and that Hanson should be playing, but I suspect he's worth a bit more than that. Especially in today's market.

£200k seems to be trying it on a bit for me.

Striker shortage or not, IMO Hanson simply isn't god enough for the Champ and I, for one, would prefer a change of formation (e.g playing Brooks or Carruthers just off Sharp) to having to accommodate players such as him.

That all said, I think he contributed well to last season's campaign and played an important role in several games, most notably P'boro away. Should he leave I would wish him well at his next club, which should undoubtedly be in L1.

He's worth as much as what a team's prepared to pay for him.

I suspect we only signed him for this amount only 6 months ago.

200k is about right for him now.

We overpaid when we signed him for that amount as he only had 6 months left on his contract.

1 in 34 at L1 according to article. Tufty isn't daft.

£200k is, bluntly, having their pants down.

UTB

I get his goalscoring record is poor & I would imagine plenty are judging him purely on that but he has never been a goalscorer, for me it's more his hold up play & just generally being a nuisance for defenders. Once he goes we have nobody that can play the target man role. Maybe i'm just being biased as I've always rated Hanson.

Don't see how we can let Hanson go when at the moment it looks like sharp is our only fit striker.

We need a couple up top desperately with lavery out, if as speculated ched is struggling with injury and Clark suspended.

Thread bare in a key position - but hopefully we see some movement today / tomorrow. Or we are gonna need to rethink our formation

I get his goalscoring record is poor & I would imagine plenty are judging him purely on that but he has never been a goalscorer, for me it's more his hold up play & just generally being a nuisance for defenders. Once he goes we have nobody that can play the target man role. Maybe i'm just being biased as I've always rated Hanson.

In all seriousness, these are my thoughts too. I'd only change my mind if someone is coming in.

Back
Top Bottom