Jags free to leave Everton at the end of the season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why not give it a go you never know.
He might just say "go on then I'll give you 2 years".
Not guna be skint is he.

Not for me can't forget the handball against Wigan. Might just be me

If we go up, more pace in central defence is a must. Jags used to have it - but doesn't now. And of course there's the small matter of a ludicrous handball that sent us down and paved the way for his move to Everton.....,

I must say I lean more towards the 'manufactured the Everton move' part of the conspiracy, but I guess we'll never know.
He was a top player for us though and if not us, I can't see him dropping below lower Prem for at least a season more.

Not for me, we need players for the future not an impractical nostalgia trip.

Although I think that the conspiracy theory stuff about the handball is utter nonsense. If we'd stayed up and Everton had bid for him, he would've left anyway. He didn't need to "engineer" a move.

If we go up, more pace in central defence is a must. Jags used to have it - but doesn't now. And of course there's the small matter of a ludicrous handball that sent us down and paved the way for his move to Everton.....,

If you can read the game you don't need speed as a centre half, you'll end up being were the ball lands more often than not. If we could get Jaggers back, I'd have him back in a shot.

I supported the theory about intentional handball, what else could he have been up to?
So I thought what could it possibly have been and came up with this:
He jumped to clear the cross but realised he was badly out of position and the ball was way over his head, so instead of letting those behind him see the ball he puts his arms up to block their view with the intention of moving them before the ball gets here. A push from behind distracts him and sends him toward the ball -handball.

No no no. Even if he performs well he's in decline with no resale value and would demand a fortune in wages. Signings like this should only ever be of the low risk Jake Wright variety. We've caught too many players like this as they tumble out of the game. Let some other mug take the risk. I loved Jags as a Blade but that ship has sailed.

The Guardian report at the time didn't seem to find the handball so inexplicable. I thought it was pretty obvious at the time that he'd been fouled from my perfect view from the opposite end of the ground..,

The losers will be tormented more by another aspect. As Kevin Kilbane struck a free-kick from the right, Phil Jagielka was probably being nudged by Emile Heskey but the referee Mike Dean took no note of that and penalised the United right-back for handling with upstretched arm.

7 years, 254 appearances a legend and treated like this.
I wonder who the real twat is?
He's the greatest player that Bert has ever seen, also the most loyal player ever to wear the red and white stripes. Anybody who doesn't want him back is a vile scumbag who should piss off to Hillsborough.

Back
Top Bottom