Jags free to leave Everton at the end of the season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Guardian report at the time didn't seem to find the handball so inexplicable. I thought it was pretty obvious at the time that he'd been fouled from my perfect view from the opposite end of the ground..,

The losers will be tormented more by another aspect. As Kevin Kilbane struck a free-kick from the right, Phil Jagielka was probably being nudged by Emile Heskey but the referee Mike Dean took no note of that and penalised the United right-back for handling with upstretched arm.

Then he could have told us that.

Neither he nor the timid ref-respecter OBN offerred even the slightest protest, whether at the time or later. Still worse, he's never troubled us with an explanation for his key role in our relegation. That's the respect the Everton player has for us. None.

The Grauniad reporter doesn't understand bio-mechanics. A nudge doesn't make you stretch your arm upwards. Try it.

Sorry Bladey Blades. Your legend doesn't give a fuck about our club. Fuck him. Don't come back.

Then he could have told us that.

Neither he nor the timid ref-respecter OBN offerred even the slightest protest, whether at the time or later. Still worse, he's never troubled us with an explanation for his key role in our relegation. That's the respect the Everton player has for us. None.

The Grauniad reporter doesn't understand bio-mechanics. A nudge doesn't make you stretch your arm upwards. Try it.

Sorry Bladey Blades. Your legend doesn't give a fuck about our club. Fuck him. Don't come back.

Clearly he should have organised a press conference to explain himself. As everyone who's ever kicked a football knows, players only ever handball it in the penalty area because they meant to do so.

Jay McEveley did it to secure his dream move to Ross County.

Quiz Question: Which player in the Wigan team that day went on to play for United?

Not for me can't forget the handball against Wigan. Might just be me

I always thought it was an unavoidable error. As he jumped for the ball the Wigan defender's shoulder pushed his arm up and his hand hit the ball as a result.

Clearly he should have organised a press conference to explain himself. As everyone who's ever kicked a football knows, players only ever handball it in the penalty area because they meant to do so.

Jay McEveley did it to secure his dream move to Ross County.

But most importantly, does all this mean Jagielka wasn't a proper footballer? I like to keep my philosophical ducks in a line.

This is a Stuart McCall moment from 2002/03 season. Gerrimin.
Could be right he's had a great career but won nothing ( apart from England caps and promotion with us) if he is still hungry and fit it could be a goer, but let's leave that for now and get promotion Trust Wilder on this one if it was a goer, could be a Paul Magrath type of signing

Not for me, we need players for the future not an impractical nostalgia trip.

Although I think that the conspiracy theory stuff about the handball is utter nonsense. If we'd stayed up and Everton had bid for him, he would've left anyway. He didn't need to "engineer" a move.
7 years, 254 appearances a legend and treated like this.
I wonder who the real twat is?

Are you suggesting its me? Arent I entitled to an opinion ? He's not a legend to me irrespective of that incident. I've seen much better and ive also seen players who gave everything who didn't have his talent but are bigger legends than Jags.

That hand ball was Seegersesque in its unexpectedness and unaccountability - and so far as I am aware, he has never commented on it, apologised for it or expressed remorse in any way for the outcome. He has never said much about the joys of being a Blade full stop.

The luurve is one way it seems to me - so let the clapped out Everton player wash up wherever he will, but let that not be at Bramall Lane please

ive also seen players who gave everything who didn't have his talent but are bigger legends than Jags.

Out of interest, who are they? I started watching in the late 80s and Jagielka is unquestionably the best centre half I've seen. No doubt some will point to McGrath or even Cahill, but a handful of games doesn't really swing it for me.

One of the best players we had in the last decade or more, but time moves on.

Out of interest, who are they? I started watching in the late 80s and Jagielka is unquestionably the best centre half I've seen. No doubt some will point to McGrath or even Cahill, but a handful of games doesn't really swing it for me.

The likes of Currie, Woodward obviously. Before that Jones. Then McGrath because he was immense. Dane Whitehouse, probably my all time favourite. Dearden, Brown Badger, Colquhoun. Booker, to me Trusson, Edwards, Geary. Without thinking.

It's a time and place thing but for me, good as he was, not a legend. IMO

I think he could still do a job..but I just don't think its the way forward, in wilder we trust!!

He was amazing for us, and he rarely gets shown up while playing for a team just outside the top 4 in the prem and we're in League One. Can't believe some people think he wouldn't do a job for us. It's a pipe-dream anyway because he's on about 75 grand a week but why do you all hate him so much? He played about 150 odd games for us consecutively, sometimes through injury, sometimes going in net on tricky midweek away days and keeping clean sheets,guided us to promotion to the prem, provided golden moments like THAT strike against Leeds, Middlesborough, West Ham away, he CLEARLY had a rappour with the fans, has gone on to captain England, and you're still bitter?

Can you imagine how well he'd marshall our defence with EEL and JOC either side of him? If you're reading this though Phil, don't come here cos you handballed it 9 years ago. Mental. We don't deserve him.

He was amazing for us, and he rarely gets shown up while playing for a team just outside the top 4 in the prem and we're in League One. Can't believe some people think he wouldn't do a job for us. It's a pipe-dream anyway because he's on about 75 grand a week but why do you all hate him so much? He played about 150 odd games for us consecutively, sometimes through injury, sometimes going in net on tricky midweek away days and keeping clean sheets,guided us to promotion to the prem, provided golden moments like THAT strike against Leeds, Middlesborough, West Ham away, he CLEARLY had a rappour with the fans, has gone on to captain England, and you're still bitter?

Can you imagine how well he'd marshall our defence with EEL and JOC either side of him? If you're reading this though Phil, don't come here cos you handballed it 9 years ago. Mental. We don't deserve him.

Hate? Bitter?

Bit of an overreaction surely.

me too but he will go to sunderland

Nah, he'll end up with pigs or Dingles

I supported the theory about intentional handball, what else could he have been up to?
So I thought what could it possibly have been and came up with this:
He jumped to clear the cross but realised he was badly out of position and the ball was way over his head, so instead of letting those behind him see the ball he puts his arms up to block their view with the intention of moving them before the ball gets here. A push from behind distracts him and sends him toward the ball -handball.

Yeh, I saw it like that from the grassy knoll

Non-Blade Wanker. Doesn't give a fuck about us. Never has.

Neverevatolduswhyeedidit.
Neverevabringimback.

Fuck the Everton player.

Does your Jags alarm sound the same as the Doyle alarm? Or The Bassett alarm? or are they all a semi tone different.

254 league games, the last 133 consecutively
player of the season 3 years running
twice in PFA team of the year with us
Championship player of the year 2006
A big part of the Triple Assault side and the Promotion winning side

If that's not a Blades legend, I don't know what is. He's our greatest player of the current century by a country mile.

We can't afford to get him back even if we wanted to sign him.

254 league games, the last 133 consecutively
player of the season 3 years running
twice in PFA team of the year with us
Championship player of the year 2006
A big part of the Triple Assault side and the Promotion winning side

If that's not a Blades legend, I don't know what is. He's our greatest player of the current century by a country mile.

We can't afford to get him back even if we wanted to sign him.

He has a place in my best Blade X1 since 1970

We need to get away from this signing old players syndrome. It's all based on fans previous memories. FFS let's move forward with a man in charge who is a positive thinker.

I'd say no, just for the fact that I'd rather us look to the future and bring in a new prospect. He may be useful in a way which Craig Short was, the season we went up, but I think he'd want to move somewhere for first team football.

He would solve our backup goalkeeper problem as well. I'll never forget that game

Phil%20Jagielka

Back
Top Bottom