Jags free to leave Everton at the end of the season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was amazing for us, and he rarely gets shown up while playing for a team just outside the top 4 in the prem and we're in League One. Can't believe some people think he wouldn't do a job for us. It's a pipe-dream anyway because he's on about 75 grand a week but why do you all hate him so much? He played about 150 odd games for us consecutively, sometimes through injury, sometimes going in net on tricky midweek away days and keeping clean sheets,guided us to promotion to the prem, provided golden moments like THAT strike against Leeds, Middlesborough, West Ham away, he CLEARLY had a rappour with the fans, has gone on to captain England, and you're still bitter?

Can you imagine how well he'd marshall our defence with EEL and JOC either side of him? If you're reading this though Phil, don't come here cos you handballed it 9 years ago. Mental. We don't deserve him.

He won't be. The Everton player hasn't the slightest interest in our club. Fuck him.

He would solve our backup goalkeeper problem as well. I'll never forget that game

Phil%20Jagielka

Isn't unintentional irony wonderful?

254 league games, the last 133 consecutively
player of the season 3 years running
twice in PFA team of the year with us
Championship player of the year 2006
A big part of the Triple Assault side and the Promotion winning side

If that's not a Blades legend, I don't know what is. He's our greatest player of the current century by a country mile.

We can't afford to get him back even if we wanted to sign him.
This post highlights any insularity of Sheffield United fans far better than Pinchy has ever managed to in however many years of trying. Still, Jags wasn't from Arbourthorne so fuck him, eh?
PS Interesting that pinchicles is against anything to do with Jagielka, the circle keeps still fully turning...

Who's up next week for a slagging from the Blades list of heroes?

That Agana wasn't a true-Blade..and he missed a sitter in 1989..fackin' cockney.

That Agana wasn't a true-Blade..and he missed a sitter in 1989..fackin' cockney.

It's a United trait unfortunately. Billy Sharp is the latest case in point. A man who would be loved and cherished at any other club gets met with faint praise at best and petty criticism the rest of the time. The sad truth is that a large proportion of our fan base are arseholes.

Good point and Jags isn;t the only overated player we've had at BDTBL

Currie - soft southern wanker
Deane - bandy legged Leeds scum
Hodges - pie muncher
Pesch - dwarf married to a big nosed bitch
Brown - aggressive no talent toerag
Woodward - grey haired old man who could only just about cross a ball
Hockey - beardy weirdy
Cockerill - gangly loser
Whitehouse - local talentless ruffian
Bradshaw - ditto
Ward - ditto
Morgan - ditto
Walker - ditto
Salmons - ditto
Sharp - ditto plus glory hunting armband thief
Monty - ask Pinchy
Beagrie - talentless smoggie

Have I missed anybody?

Hodges - pie muncher
Hockey - beardy weirdy
Cockerill - gangly loser
Bradshaw - ditto
Ward - ditto
Morgan - ditto
Walker - ditto
Salmons - ditto
Monty - ask Pinchy

Have I missed anybody?
I think it's worth remembering the heroes of the seventies managed to get relegated. If they'd got owt about them that wouldn't have happened. I reckon TC wasn't trying that season because he wanted a move to Leeds.

Hodges - pie muncher
Hockey - beardy weirdy
Cockerill - gangly loser
Bradshaw - ditto
Ward - ditto
Morgan - ditto
Walker - ditto
Salmons - ditto
Monty - ask Pinchy

Have I missed anybody?

OMFG!!!!

Deano went to Dirty Leeds...I'd forgot!!!

Hodges - pie muncher
Hockey - beardy weirdy
Cockerill - gangly loser
Bradshaw - ditto
Ward - ditto
Morgan - ditto
Walker - ditto
Salmons - ditto
Monty - ask Pinchy

Have I missed anybody?

Fjortoft- Dingle-serving Viking cunt

Ernest Needham - Moustachioed twat

Billy Gillespie - Baldy Fenian bastard

Joe Shaw - Lazy, couldn't be arsed to move clubs wanker.

Would be ideal to do what Jake wright does now. Use his experience to organise the defense and midfield. No way he'd drop down or accept the wages we would offer though, shame because I think it would be great for us.

This post highlights any insularity of Sheffield United fans far better than Pinchy has ever managed to in however many years of trying. Still, Jags wasn't from Arbourthorne so fuck him, eh?
PS Interesting that pinchicles is against anything to do with Jagielka, the circle keeps still fully turning...

He still hates Jags does he? Good to know he's not changed whilst I've had him on ignore. I'm not missing anything.

Bloke plays a massive part in the only resurgence of the club in the last 20+ years, does 1 hand-ball in around 250 games and gets called a "basketball playing twat" 10 years later.

Hate? Bitter?

His wages should ensure he won't be coming here,but to suggest he's passed it is frankly ludicrous.
His ability to read the game and leadership qualities would make him the stand out CB in Division 3 by a boatload of country miles. I'm not getting sidetracked by a handball and his not being born on the Manor.
In my eyes Jags epitomised everything that we are about and he will always be one of my all time favourites. I wish him nothing but the best in his career wherever it takes him.

His family is Polish, they don't have hard Js in Poland or many other European countries for that matter ;)
I worked with a bloke who claimed to be a mate of Steve's and knew Phil (I had no reason to disbelieve him) and he said it was pronounced 'Yajelka' but Phil had become known as 'Jaggielka' an wasn't really bothered so just let the commentators stick with it.

So the conspiracy theorists amongst us reckon Jags' handball against Wigan was all part of an elaborate plan to engineer a move to Everton, was Heskey part of the plan or a an unsuspecting bystander when he pushed Jags in the back?

How do we account for goals that season against Spurs, West Ham and Boro which helped us gain points, was Jags at home with his abacus plotting our final downfall on the last home match of the season after each of these goals, stroking a cat like an evil genius, infact was promotion the year prior all part of the plan to make the final bow even more dramatic?

Some shit fellow Blades come out with really does make me shake my head, as many have pointed out Jags is a Blades Legend in the eyes of many (most!).

Legends?

Nudger , Harry Johnson, Hagan, Joe Shaw, Currie and Woodward.
That's all.
Interesting that there's no Deane on any of these lists. He's right up there on mine, joined when the club was coming off an all time low and fired us to consecutive promotions.

What makes a legend ? For me it's longevity and either prodigious skill or a never say die attitude, plus it helps if you were a Blade from birth.

Of the players I've seen Currie, Deane and Whitrhouse are the top 3.

My 'terrace legends' would be Joe, Bradders and Bob

Well your jimmies do seem pretty rustled by him a decade later.

I don't hate him, not said he wasn't a good player, just pointed out he wasn't an all time favourite of mine and that he sealed our fate with a handball which looked, and still does, to have been Uneccessary. Which doesn't mean I necessarily think was Fashanuesque.

Back
Top Bottom