Jags free to leave Everton at the end of the season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No he's finished.

Would be a major mistake.

Look forwards not backwards.

Finished ??? Not at all, he's still a great player in the premiership. Only mistake would probably be paying such high wages.
Other than that a model pro but out of our reach.

Could I be so bold as to hope for a CB young enough to be able to start alongside Captain JOC against Chelsea on the opening day of the 2018/19 premier league season? Ta

Saw him and and Tongue in Ecco Morrisons car park once buying BBQ crap, Tongue was utter garbage tbf, but jags hasn't done too bad, he'll always be a blade.

Apparently Jags earns 50k P/W. He would have to take a drop to 15K-20K P/W for us to sign him I would imagine.

I think he would be a great signing not only for his performances but as a role model for the team. However I think he may be out of reach financially. I believe we could have the pull to sign him. Cant see a PL club going for him.

I think we are no longer a team looking back, Jags was a great memory from a great time under Warnock, best left in the past and move forward with young and hungry players as per Chris Wilders view, if we sign him I would be surprised although trust wilder and what him a Knill do.

There's surely at least a couple of good years left for Jags, at lower Prem or Champ level, on wages well beyond what we could pay ? His legs may not be as good as they were, but "gone", really ? He still looks as quick as a lot of centre-halves in the top 2 divisions, to me. I'd happily bet a few bob that he'd give old Lead Boots a race, over 5, 10, 20 or 30 yards.

Anyone thinking of acquiring Jags might want to have a think about his injury record in the last few years, though. I don't think he missed a game for us, through injury, for about 5 years ? And he pretty much repeated that during his early years at Everton, I think. His physical resilience was always remarkable. Not so more recently, however.

And it's still beyond me that, in his first few games, the scousers played him in midfield. For all the millions they invest, just how much proper scouting of players do top clubs do ?

There's surely at least a couple of good years left for Jags, at lower Prem or Champ level, on wages well beyond what we could pay ? His legs may not be as good as they were, but "gone", really ? He still looks as quick as a lot of centre-halves in the top 2 divisions, to me. I'd happily bet a few bob that he'd give old Lead Boots a race, over 5, 10, 20 or 30 yards.

Anyone thinking of acquiring Jags might want to have a think about his injury record in the last few years, though. I don't think he missed a game for us, through injury, for about 5 years ? And he pretty much repeated that during his early years at Everton, I think. His physical resilience was always remarkable. Not so more recently, however.

And it's still beyond me that, in his first few games, the scousers played him in midfield. For all the millions they invest, just how much proper scouting of players do top clubs do ?
I've read about Moyes' scouting at Everton and it was very extensive. Maybe they remembered how lost Jaggy sometimes looked in his early games at CH, like the POF. He was always going to end up as a CH but he had a lot to learn and looked as good in CM in the early part of his career, IMO.

The Everton fans love Jags but seem to think his legs have gone. I know the Championship isn't as brutal or quick as the Premier League, but pace (in CB terms) is going to be a must have, especially the way we play (assuming we'll keep playing the same way). Hmmm.

Ten pages? Pah. Years of this to come, the new "Get Brownie back".

Will be too expensive, part of the reason Billy took a drop in wages was because he's Blade. Jags just played - well - for us. Can't see there being any sentiment there, not when it may make a 5/10k a week difference to him.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but we have members with user names based on Bob Booker, Dane Whitehouse, Nade, Dellas, Peter Ndlovu, Bob Hatton, Alan Hodgkinson, Alan Woodward, Fatty Foulkes, Tony Agana.........I could go on. But no one has ever used Phil Jagielka - this is the correct me if I am wrong bit - what does that say about his legend status? It suggests we see him as someone who fucked off as soon as the going got tough. I do

Your scientific approach is impeccable. A Nobel prize surely awaits...although here's an anecdote in return:

I've played Subbuteo in a league with mates since 1988. There's always been a lot of Blades in the league and we even name our players. Sometimes when a real life player came along there'd be more than one of us wanting the same player. We even had transfers with Alan Kelly and Paul Beesley both commanding high fees. Dane Whitehouse was worth 17 pints (when transfered in 2015!!)

Nobody ever went for Jagielka, although Badger and Brown, Tonge, Kozluk, even Mike Lake, Nathan Blake, and Brian Gayle were all signed up. Morgan, Geary, Asaba, Deane and Agana. Littlejohn and Forte. Davy Gysbrechts, Nudger Needham, Paddy Kenny, David White, Joe Shaw, Bobby Ford, Aiden McGeady, William Foulkes, Peschisolido, Sabella, Cockerill, Shipperley, Bradshaw, Kevin Arnott, Lee Baxter!, Simon Tracey, Balboa, Jimmy 'Headles' Hagan, Peter Beagrie and John Brayford's Beard, Billy Sharp and Billy Whitehouse, Bob Booker and Paul Stancliffe. the list goes on and on...

...and yet not one of us ever signed Phil Jagielka! When Derry, Devlin and deVogt all got a shot, why no Jagielka? Was it because we all thought he was 'someone who fucked off as soon as the going got tough'? Or was it because we all had such respect for the guy that none of us could quite take the risk of signing him up and his 00-scale representation wouldn't match up to the real life player.

I'll posit that my anecdote is worth as much as your theory of message board user names.

me too but he will go to sunderland

Why the fuck would anyone with self respect do that?

In any case why the fuck do we have this unending wankfest of bringing old players back? Brownfact, Ched, Jags, Tonge. How about we get Bruno Rebeiro back as manager, he used to show up once in a while.

Your scientific approach is impeccable. A Nobel prize surely awaits...although here's an anecdote in return:

I've played Subbuteo in a league with mates since 1988. There's always been a lot of Blades in the league and we even name our players. Sometimes when a real life player came along there'd be more than one of us wanting the same player. We even had transfers with Alan Kelly and Paul Beesley both commanding high fees. Dane Whitehouse was worth 17 pints (when transfered in 2015!!)

Nobody ever went for Jagielka, although Badger and Brown, Tonge, Kozluk, even Mike Lake, Nathan Blake, and Brian Gayle were all signed up. Morgan, Geary, Asaba, Deane and Agana. Littlejohn and Forte. Davy Gysbrechts, Nudger Needham, Paddy Kenny, David White, Joe Shaw, Bobby Ford, Aiden McGeady, William Foulkes, Peschisolido, Sabella, Cockerill, Shipperley, Bradshaw, Kevin Arnott, Lee Baxter!, Simon Tracey, Balboa, Jimmy 'Headles' Hagan, Peter Beagrie and John Brayford's Beard, Billy Sharp and Billy Whitehouse, Bob Booker and Paul Stancliffe. the list goes on and on...

...and yet not one of us ever signed Phil Jagielka! When Derry, Devlin and deVogt all got a shot, why no Jagielka? Was it because we all thought he was 'someone who fucked off as soon as the going got tough'? Or was it because we all had such respect for the guy that none of us could quite take the risk of signing him up and his 00-scale representation wouldn't match up to the real life player.

I'll posit that my anecdote is worth as much as your theory of message board user names.

s-l300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom