Player Suggestion Jack Wilshere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Even if he doesn't really feature, it's a gamble worth taking. You never know he could have a couple of blinders which make the difference and keep us up.

There's no reason for him to take a massive pay cut to join us. Some London club (Fulham, Palace) will offer him more. Some MLS club would too.

Probably explains why he’s fit then, as soon as he’s put on the pitch to play, he gets injured.
You've echoed my thoughts completely. It's back to front to accept that Wilshere has been fit for 8 months but hasn't been selected to play. The reason Wilshere has been for for 8 months is precisely because he hasn't been selected to play.

My wife inexplicably collects bone china plates. Amazingly we haven't broken one yet. Oh did I mention we keep them in the loft wrapped in cotton?

There's no reason for him to take a massive pay cut to join us. Some London club (Fulham, Palace) will offer him more. Some MLS club would too.
I'm not sure.
It goes in levels and West Ham was his chance at that level.
- Prem, Southern, overpayers.
He now loses one if not two of those.

He's now in, lower spending Premiership territory, fail there and he might make 'Championship huge wage wasters'.

I'm not sure.
It goes in levels and West Ham was his chance at that level.
- Prem, Southern, overpayers.
He now loses one if not two of those.

He's now in, lower spending Premiership territory, fail there and he might make 'Championship huge wage wasters'.
Fulham are never shy of throwing money around and signing more players than they need.
Hodgson used to pick him for England when he was injured and Palace's wage bill isn't exactly small.

So that's all three of those still potentially there from at least two clubs and one of those is probably better than West Ham.

Over the last 3 seasons Brooks has started 46 games, including his first full season for us where he was used mainly off the bench.

In that time Wilshere has started 18 games, with only 6 of those coming in the last two full seasons.

I am talking about recent injury record not appearences. Wiltshire has been fit to play for months, Brooks hasnt. They both made 9 appearances last season BTW.

I'd take a punt. His midfield style looks made for our midfield and we haven't got someone who can cream one in from outside the box.

I don't think now is the time for us to be taking these kinds of risks, both financially and on the field.

I think it is more down to him being a sick note than footballing ability.

Anyone with footballing ability for the PL:

£25 million plus at least, and even then there's no guarantee

Unless you pick out a Mahrez, but then we don't do foreign

Too much football ability for some of our fans ,hes got to run like fuck and kick it reet hard and reet high for some.

Or just the fact that he’s not actually played football properly in a very long time. He once had some football ability, he may still have it but nobody has seen it in a good few years

If he takes a wagecut, why not? Our midfield isn't exactly stacked, and with Berge competing centrally with Norwood, and Ampadu needed in defence, our only rcm is Lundstram. If he can make a difference in five matches this season, he will be worth it.

If he takes a wagecut, why not? Our midfield isn't exactly stacked, and with Berge competing centrally with Norwood, and Ampadu needed in defence, our only rcm is Lundstram. If he can make a difference in five matches this season, he will be worth it.

Isn’t Wilshere left footed or have I just imagined it?

While I am not saying Wilshere is a yes or a no, I would ask the question; "Who is out there who we can get, for free, with reasonable wages, who has a great pedigree at this level, or can really make the step up?"

The lad who scored the second goal for the Arse on Sunday, cost them 74 million quid, and he is warming the bench.

We are years away from making that sort of player purchase, we have to be realistic.

Our old formation, with Norwood and JOC, saw us having the second best defence, and plenty of clean sheets, for the majority of last season.

We had some success with the midfield flat three, against Chelsea, Wolves, etc., after lockdown, but then came unglued and have carried this on into this season. We are not getting battered, and are only losing by the odd goal, but we need to start drawing and winning, fast, because this "just missing out on points" and "unlucky not to draw", "deserved at least a point" will do us no good whatsoever as the season goes on.

We need someone to add that bit of magic, maybe it's playing McG as a midfielder, with Burke and Brewster up front, or maybe it's bringing Freeman back at some point.

I think we all agree, we need something.

My other issue is, if he has actually been fit for the last 8 months, why didn’t he get picked by West Ham? A team that was struggling.

Either he wasn’t fit and is still a sick note, or he is fit but wasn’t but impressing either in training or the limited appearances he did make for the Hammers.

Isn’t Wilshere left footed or have I just imagined it?
You are right! But I figure with the quality he shows when fit, he can still do the trick, even if on the "wrong" side of the field!

My other issue is, if he has actually been fit for the last 8 months, why didn’t he get picked by West Ham? A team that was struggling.

Either he wasn’t fit and is still a sick note, or he is fit but wasn’t but impressing either in training or the limited appearances he did make for the Hammers.

Sorry to old Jack but I am calling bullshit on his claim.

Thing is keeping the lad fit is a nightmare he would be a quality signing and real quality when fit.

Pay as you play deal.
Where would he fit in your system and in the 25? According to you we should have already signed/kept Walcott, Cantwell, Lingard, Freeman playing behind Robinson and Sturridge? TBH none will be playing so minimal outlay.

Where would he fit in your system and in the 25? According to you we should have already signed/kept Walcott, Cantwell, Lingard, Freeman playing behind Robinson and Sturridge? TBH none will be playing so minimal outlay.
Some of those names are quality players who could make a difference. Walcott and Sturridge would give us options off the bench.
Lindgard would be good cover in midfield, and I can't understand any reason why we wouldnt want Todd Cantwell on the cheap? He is worth 20 million pounds minimum.

Some of those names are quality players who could make a difference. Walcott and Sturridge would give us options off the bench.
Lindgard would be good cover in midfield, and I can't understand any reason why we wouldnt want Todd Cantwell on the cheap? He is worth 20 million pounds minimum.
Aye because in our wage structure Walcott & Sturridge will be delighted to be warming the bench with Lindgard sat even further behind em in the South Stand ( probably in my seat & contributing just as much as me)
What is considered "cheap" for Cantwell - the 2 lads Norwich have flogged went for north of 15 million each + ((allegedly) Bayern, Manure Tottingham & Citeh were interested in Cantwell - not sure we can compete whichever 'metric' you want to apply - unless he's a closet Blade & wants to fulfill a life long ambition of donning the sacred jersey ?

You could argue too much quality as they can’t get a game/club!
We have a system, a system that considers both defence and attack, and they do not fit that system. We do not have the budget to splurge on players, who won’t do work off the ball. In a couple of seasons, hopefully, we have the budget to allow us to change system/personnel without losing quality. At present we don’t. What we have achieved in last few seasons is nothing short of a miracle, given the odds against us; to ask so many L1 players to step up and actually compete in PL is statistically improbable. To abandon this system/structure for champagne football is utter lunacy especially when we have seen how quickly PL teams can rip you apart. We are evolving and mistakes will be made along the way but a dressing room full of, admittedly, average players running through brick walls for a manager they believe in is far greater than a couple of pleasing on the eye charlatans. This is after all a team game.

Isn't Wilshere even slower than Norwood these days? Oli's unfortunate lack of pace is presumably the only reason he's now on the bench.

No way we're signing Wilshere in my opinion. Also don't think he'd have any positive impact at all, even if fit and playing regularly.

You could argue too much quality as they can’t get a game/club!
We have a system, a system that considers both defence and attack, and they do not fit that system. We do not have the budget to splurge on players, who won’t do work off the ball. In a couple of seasons, hopefully, we have the budget to allow us to change system/personnel without losing quality. At present we don’t. What we have achieved in last few seasons is nothing short of a miracle, given the odds against us; to ask so many L1 players to step up and actually compete in PL is statistically improbable. To abandon this system/structure for champagne football is utter lunacy especially when we have seen how quickly PL teams can rip you apart. We are evolving and mistakes will be made along the way but a dressing room full of, admittedly, average players running through brick walls for a manager they believe in is far greater than a couple of pleasing on the eye charlatans. This is after all a team game.

Wilshere or Ben Osborne hmm

Back
Top Bottom