Ismaila Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought they got points for being in the match day squad, regardless of playing time?

Think about if you had a foreign second keeper

I do find it bizarre that fans want to see a player who has played a mighty one whole minute in the Championship given a chance with a few games to go until the end of the season and with the team in second.

Seems like a very stupid risk to take.

Last edited:
I do find it bizarre that fans want to see a player who has played a mighty one whole minute in the Championship given a chance with a few games to go until the end of the season and with the team in second.

If you mean me read what I posted. "On the bench instead of Fleck is surely a better option"

I am not for one saying he's the answer, but he starts against PL spurs, does OK, then never to be seen. If you think that isn't strange then I'll not bother debating Coulibaly with you.

Sorry , i find it bizarre people want to keep watching players who are clearly struggling just now ,i see what you mean tho and am very surprised Heck hasnt given him more minutes to give a better idea of wether Coulibally could add something

If you mean me read what I posted. "On the bench instead of Fleck is surely a better option"

I am not for one saying he's the answer, but he starts against PL spurs, does OK, then never to be seen. If you think that isn't strange then I'll not bother debating Coulibaly with you.
just in general really, not aimed at you. It happens with players who suddenly get better by not playing. He was ok against a Premier League team who thought it would be a training game. He needed two players to constantly tell him where to be and what to do though. Is it strange we've not sacrificed a player who helped get us to second for a lad who has played 1 minute in English league football? No.

Sorry , i find it bizarre people want to keep watching players who are clearly struggling just now ,i see what you mean tho and am very surprised Heck hasnt given him more minutes to give a better idea of wether Coulibally could add something
I'm going to guess Hecky doesn't think he can rely on him to do a job. The system we play depends on midfielders to cover back. If he doesn't and we lose I suspect there will be an outcry of fans calling the manager clueless!

I'm going to guess Hecky doesn't think he can rely on him to do a job. The system we play depends on midfielders to cover back. If he doesn't and we lose I suspect there will be an outcry of fans calling the manager clueless!
I suspect there will be an outcry if he keeps picking midfielders who are clearly not up to the job also, this is a dilemma caused by not giving Coulibally chances and being too loyal to underperforming players no matter what they did in the past . Its a tough one

I suspect there will be an outcry if he keeps picking midfielders who are clearly not up to the job also, this is a dilemma caused by not giving Coulibally chances and being too loyal to underperforming players no matter what they did in the past . Its a tough one
but we're second with the ones we have already. I know what you're saying but now's not the time for experimentation.

But fleck and Norwood aren't starting every game as it is? The manager sees every player far more than we do.

but we're second with the ones we have already. I know what you're saying but now's not the time for experimentation.
That is the problem , the ones we have ( Norwood and Fleck ) are not playing like they were earlier in the season helping us into 2nd place , so will have to agree to differ . Hopefully he keeps picking Doyle and McAtee for league games anyway and we are just talking about the team for wembley , when we can look forward to the 3 amigos in midfield and Sharp up top ! They might just underestimate us

But fleck and Norwood aren't starting every game as it is? The manager sees every player far more than we do.
No , thank fuck , hes woken up just in time . Hecks done a good job this season ,but youre not suggesting hes infallible surely , specially after the team we ended with at Burnley . I know what you mean re watching training every day ,but if he knew everything hed be managing in the premier already . We are allowed to question him surely

No , thank fuck , hes woken up just in time . Hecks done a good job this season ,but youre not suggesting hes infallible surely , specially after the team we ended with at Burnley . I know what you mean re watching training every day ,but if he knew everything hed be managing in the premier already . We are allowed to question him surely
I'm suggesting he thinks the other players are a better option and has far more evidence for that than anyone claiming to play him.

I think Heckingbottom is trusting experience and cool heads for the run-in.
Fleck has a bit more positional awareness than Coulibaly.
Fleck simply isn’t a threat to the opposition anymore, with McAtee and Doyle out for the semi, we need some young leg to carry some sort of fight.

Fleck simply isn’t a threat to the opposition anymore, with McAtee and Doyle out for the semi, we need some young leg to carry some sort of fight.

Love the fella, but he looked miles off the pace Monday night..

A guaranteed yellow card (minimum) against city..

I don't think you're wrong but we're only using Fleck to come on and use his experience to help see games out. Hold shape, put some challenges in, keep things simple.

Does Coulibaly do that role as effectively? I personally wouldn't have thought so.

I like that when we lose a game the 'Get Coulibaly in the team' shout comes out immediately. He's literally shown a handful of average performances & suffered multiple injuries. We're in a promotion battle, I'd rather have experience at this moment in time in midfield. I appreciate Norwood / Fleck arent showing their early blades career performances but we need them in the squad to help the likes of Doyle, Macca, Ndiaye etc.

WTF wee Jimmy can't last 20 minutes, Thanks John boy but you time here is over,start looking towards Rotherham or maybe Derby ,he should be out the door at the end of this season,and is NOT our future,but our past thanks but off you trot
You might be right, but you don't need to be a twat about it

I like that when we lose a game the 'Get Coulibaly in the team' shout comes out immediately. He's literally shown a handful of average performances & suffered multiple injuries. We're in a promotion battle, I'd rather have experience at this moment in time in midfield. I appreciate Norwood / Fleck arent showing their early blades career performances but we need them in the squad to help the likes of Doyle, Macca, Ndiaye etc.
What’s wrong with having younger legs in the middle of the park for just one game. Doyle and McAtee are the first pick for the league game. But this semi is the biggest free hit we could dream of…let’s go out on our shield.

As has been pointed out already , this has nothing to do with loosing a game , most people would have expected Coulibally to have had more minutes game time after the Spurs match to see if he is up to it and a better option than Norwood and Fleck , off the bench or whatever . The point is we just dont know and neither does the manager cus the only way to find out is in a match , not training . And if hes only had a handful of average performances up to now , its not his fault , and its hard to remember Norwood or Fleck having many average games recently . Just give the lad a chance

Mo Besic effect. Gets better with every match he doesn’t play.

A lot of clamour from teenagers on twitter with Ronaldo profile pictures to get him in the squad.

What’s wrong with having younger legs in the middle of the park for just one game. Doyle and McAtee are the first pick for the league game. But this semi is the biggest free hit we could dream of…let’s go out on our shield.
I agree, I've said this previously, nothing against Norwood or Fleck they're great servants but City is a free hit and we need plenty of pace in the team, otherwise we'll just be planted at the edge of our own box. I don't care if we get beat 8-0 I'd just like to see us give it a go with some quicker players in the team

To sum up… Fleck and Norwood play against City and we will get absolutely hammered - no question - probably without making 1 pass in the opposition half. Both will pick up early bookings as they simply have no petrol left in their legs. Or play a potentially exciting young creative talent with an unknown factor with legs that might get us into advanced positions and help stop the forwards being completely isolated. Both been great servants but seriously fear a hammering if they both start.

To sum up… Fleck and Norwood play against City and we will get absolutely hammered - no question - probably without making 1 pass in the opposition half. Both will pick up early bookings as they simply have no petrol left in their legs. Or play a potentially exciting young creative talent with an unknown factor with legs that might get us into advanced positions and help stop the forwards being completely isolated. Both been great servants but seriously fear a hammering if they both start.
to sum up.....The guy who was the best player in the league a month or two ago isn't good enough to play for us because he's had a bad run of form.

Back
Top Bottom