Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So Baldock was touch and go for this weekends match....which actually then turns out to be he's now out for 6 weeks. Fuck me sideways, what a club.

I was very much in favour of Utd trying to keep Baldock with a new contract offer. Now, not so sure. He along with others, seems to be out injured more than he is available and if a contract was still to be offered to him in the summer then it needs to reflect the fact that he has started to get injury issues on a regular basis. We really need to clear the decks with our out of contract players especially those who are regularly injured. I would make an exception for McBurnie if we can agree something as I think he could genuinely offer us something next season. Other than that, time to move on and bring in younger more durable replacements.

Sorry, McBurnie may do a few games, but to sustain a serious challenge next season with a ‘leaner’ squad we cannot rely on someone who can’t do 10 matches in a row at best. As for Baldock - sorry - club legend, but now because of his age he is now also injury prone, so again we cannot take the risk.

We are already saddled with Tom Davies on a 3 year deal - who we will be lucky to get 20 games from next season. We simply have to look for new blood. Not sure how much quality we can afford though!

See Luton manager moaning about their injuries, they have been lucky all season compared to us

See Luton manager moaning about their injuries, they have been lucky all season compared to us
They’ve supposedly got more players injured than anyone right now.

Not the best timing for the run in.

I really feel our tiny, unrealistic glimmer of hope went out when Forest won last night.

We might be some miracle make 19th but that will be the only feasible success.

They’ve supposedly got more players injured than anyone right now.

Not the best timing for the run in.

I really feel our tiny, unrealistic glimmer of hope went out when Forest won last night.

We might be some miracle make 19th but that will be the only feasible success.
I would hazard a guess that Luton have used fewer players than any other PL side and that lack of depth (and/or rotation) has caught up with them.

Awarding Tom Davies a three year contract was insane,

Not looking at this with hindsight I said it was nuts at the time considering his previous injury record and apparently the only offers he was getting from other sides were pay as you play.

Awarding Tom Davies a three year contract was insane,

Not looking at this with hindsight I said it was nuts at the time considering his previous injury record and apparently the only offers he was getting from other sides were pay as you play.
When you are training with Bristol Rovers and even they aren’t offering the guy anything then alarm bells should be ringing. Last prolonged period of regular starts was 5-6 years ago. No one comes back from that level of inactivity as a professional. It’s like having a career gap of say 20 years in a normal job

There's quite a big disparity on the amount of days lost from the top two to the bottom two
20240405_174806.png

Looking at next season we already have that wage thief from Everton tying down wages that would be better spent on a fitter player. Whichever muppet at the club gave him 3 years shouldn't really be employed in football contract decisions.

Looking at next season we already have that wage thief from Everton tying down wages that would be better spent on a fitter player. Whichever muppet at the club gave him 3 years shouldn't really be employed in football contract decisions.
Hecky I would suggest. Just just imagine if he had his own way and we'd have Stevens and Clark playing 5 games a season.

Just the 8 injured but any to return before the last game?

Baldock
Lowe
RND
Egan
Basham
Davies
Jebbison
Brewster

We took a gamble it's not paid off yet it still could, by your logic we wouldn't have signed McGoldrick.
We desperately needed players in who had Premiership experience and unfortunately beggers can't be choosers when you don't have much money.
Every transfer is a gamble look at Brewster alot work some don’t, no professional football club get every transfer right.
Just out of interest would you bin McBurnie and Baldock off at the end of the season, two players who could be excellent for us next season if they can stay fit ?

We took a gamble it's not paid off yet it still could, by your logic we wouldn't have signed McGoldrick.
We desperately needed players in who had Premiership experience and unfortunately beggers can't be choosers when you don't have much money.
Every transfer is a gamble look at Brewster alot work some don’t, no professional football club get every transfer right.
Just out of interest would you bin McBurnie and Baldock off at the end of the season, two players who could be excellent for us next season if they can stay fit ?

The problem is the evidence suggests they won't.

Also Davies had a history of injuries so it was sheer stupidity to offer a 3 year deal.

The problem is the evidence suggests they won't.

Also Davies had a history of injuries so it was sheer stupidity to offer a 3 year deal.
In true politician style you didn't answer the question.
Would you give McBurnie and Baldock new contracts ?
While I agree giving Davies a 3 year deal does look stupid at the minute it could still come good.

Back
Top Bottom