Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Evidently sensitive posters coming on telling people off for discussing any minor issue they construe to be negative is a new, fun development on the board.

I get it if it’s dishing out match reports with 2s and 3s every week, but the injury record, amongst many other things, warrants discussion.
Quite. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. If you think it’s offensive, report it. But stop whining.

Ok so there really is a shirecliffe sniper then ?
It’s a grim joke. You’ve pointed out repeatedly you don’t think it’s funny. I don’t either. I have never written that. But somehow I manage not to bitch about it every single day.

It’s a grim joke. You’ve pointed out repeatedly you don’t think it’s funny. I don’t either. I have never written that. But somehow I manage not to bitch about it every single day.
I think if you read through this thread you will only find me commenting on people exagerating the injury list over the last couple of days and thats because its fucking annoying

We need some of these back for a game we need points..

RND
Lowe
Osborn
Egan
Baldock
Fleck
Jebbison
Brewster
Osula

We need some of these back for a game we need points..

RND
Lowe
Osborn
Egan
Baldock
Fleck
Jebbison
Brewster
Osula
Very dissapointed in Egans start to the season,but most of all ,his choice to go and play for Eire twice,whilst obviously not being fully fit,then aggravating the injury,causing him to miss the Spurs game.
Supposed to be the team captain?
Not for me that!,,

Agree re Baldock.
Perhaps Osula to replace McBurnie for his one game ban - obviously not as good but I think we need his physique in attack
Has anyone heard anything about Jebbo's illness? I know folk were speculating it was glandular fever. Would be good to have him as an option though.

Yesterday's training video was interesting from a squad availabilty viewpoint. No sign of:

RND
Lowe
Osborn
Robbo
Baldock (worrying)
Hamer (very worrying)
Osula

but Fleck and Brewster appeared to be taking part in proper training, whilst Jebbo does appear to be back in the building. What that means for Sunday's formation I dread to think.

Yesterday's training video was interesting from a squad availabilty viewpoint. No sign of:

RND
Lowe
Osborn
Robbo
Baldock (worrying)
Hamer (very worrying)
Osula

but Fleck and Brewster appeared to be taking part in proper training, whilst Jebbo does appear to be back in the building. What that means for Sunday's formation I dread to think.

RND
Lowe
Osborn
Robbo
Baldock (worrying)
Hamer (very worrying)
Osula

Rest Day is usually on Wednesdays, maybe with the match being played on Sunday, today will be the rest day for this week? There are at least two training days left so hope Robbo, Hamer, Osula and Baldock will be back training tomorrow and Saturday

RND
Lowe
Osborn
Robbo
Baldock (worrying)
Hamer (very worrying)
Osula

Rest Day is usually on Wednesdays, maybe with the match being played on Sunday, today will be the rest day for this week? There are at least two training days left so hope Robbo, Hamer, Osula and Baldock will be back training tomorrow and Saturday

RND
Lowe
Osborn
Robbo
Baldock (worrying)
Hamer (very worrying)
Osula

Egan also back training. No sign of Coulibaly either.

Second in league
All our injuries started before the league started playing additional added on time, we didn't have many at the world cup and we don't play many cup games. So many of the factors in the article don't apply to us.
So our huge number of injuries is still anomalous.
Although I feel that Chilwell (mentioned in the article) would fit right in to our squad as a non playing left back who regularly gets long term injuries.

He'll go with Trusty I reckon.
But did you see Bash today? I thought he was our best player when he came on.
Bash has been shot as a centre back since Bristol City away about two years ago when he got run ragged. He isn't the answer. He can come on and do OK. He is probably offering better performance levels than Egan though. Bash needed replacing after the first year in the premier.

Its absolutely bonkers what Hecky is doing with this defence. Another 2 goals conceded again today, Hecky needs to have a long hard think about where it is going.

Regardless of the owner, regardless of the manager or the non injured players.

You cannot afford to have nearly 10 players out injured all the fucking time. We only just got away with it in the Championship but to think we can get results in the PL with essentially a 15 man squad is madness.

Yesterday unsurprisingly Brewster returns but Egan gets injured. Every other game this occurs.

Regardless of the owner, regardless of the manager or the non injured players.

You cannot afford to have nearly 10 players out injured all the fucking time. We only just got away with it in the Championship but to think we can get results in the PL with essentially a 15 man squad is madness.

Yesterday unsurprisingly Brewster returns but Egan gets injured. Every other game this occurs.
It was reported before the weekend that the PL clubs had 112 players missing through injury ( doubtless more that the managers were not admitting). United were not at the top of that list so the continuous suggestions on here that we have a singular problem is clearly not correct.
I spent some time this summer with a recently retired physio from a professional football club. He has believed for some time that the intensity of training and in particular matches can only lead to regular injuries particularly of knees and hamstrings. Add to that the number of games played and you have a recipe for regular injuries.
Perhaps there is no sniper at Shirecliffe.

It was reported before the weekend that the PL clubs had 112 players missing through injury ( doubtless more that the managers were not admitting). United were not at the top of that list so the continuous suggestions on here that we have a singular problem is clearly not correct.
I spent some time this summer with a recently retired physio from a professional football club. He has believed for some time that the intensity of training and in particular matches can only lead to regular injuries particularly of knees and hamstrings. Add to that the number of games played and you have a recipe for regular injuries.

We have had issues for well over a year.

That doesn’t fit the agenda, though. There always has to be someone to blame. You should know that by now.

Back
Top Bottom