Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To my mind anyone who has played any part in this seasons efforts gets my utmost respect

A lot more than most of those on here who have acted like old lady's after one too many gins every time there has been a bump in the road
Those same people probably ring work claiming they're sick with a cold🤪.
Laughable.

Not aware of any injuries over the Easter weekend but it sounds like Max Lowe will be back in contention for the Cardiff game.
A big plus as it enables us to play Baldock in his favoured RWB position and drop the out of form Bogle.

Daniel Jebbison would be a big boost but unfortunately the media didn't ask anything re: his return.
I assume he'll be unavailable for Saturday.

The rest, judging from Heckingbottom's answers, I would think are done for the season and in Osborn and Stevens case (per previous posts) that may well be the end of their Blades careers.

All in all, we're not in bad shape for the run-in. None of our key players are missing, though RND has been a huge loss this season as we've had a lot of ongoing problems down that side of the defence.
That being the case (and as also said previously), I'm really surprised we've seen so little of Ciaran Clark.

Anyway, revised guesses below:

M Lowe - 15th April - illness

D Jebbison - mid-late April - foot / ankle injury

E Stevens - out for the season - hamstring strain

B Osborn - out for the season - hamstring strain and alleged head injury / concussion

R Norrington-Davies - out for the season - hamstring surgery

R Brewster - out for the season (confirmed) - hamstring surgery

Onto Cardiff, with Lowe fit I suspect the squad will be:

..............................Davies
..............Anel.........Egan......Robinson
....Baldock.............Doyle..................Lowe
.........Berge..........Ndiaye.......McAtee
...........................McBurnie

Subs: Dewhurst, Bogle, Basham, Norwood, Fleck, Sharp, Osula.

It's a decent looking bench if you're holding onto something, less so if you're chasing.
We miss having Jebbison available. Hopefully we see a lot more of him in the run-in.

Take care of Cardiff and I think promotion will be a formality.
Would absolutely love to win the next two so that we can celebrate promotion at Wembley.
West Brom and (particularly) Preston will pose a greater threat.

Cardiff aren't a great side, but they will pack the box, sit deep and go direct to hit us on the counter.
We should throw the kitchen sink at them early doors. If we get an early goal, you'd fancy us to pick them apart.

Last edited:
Not aware of any injuries over the Easter weekend but it sounds like Max Lowe will be back in contention for the Cardiff game.
A big plus as it enables us to play Baldock in his favoured RWB position and drop the out of form Bogle.

Daniel Jebbison would be a big boost but unfortunately the media didn't ask anything re: his return.
I assume he'll be unavailable for Saturday.

The rest, judging from Heckingbottom's answers, I would think are done for the season and in Osborn and Stevens case (per previous posts) that may well be the end of their Blades careers.

Revised guesses below:

M Lowe - 15th April - illness

D Jebbison - mid-late April - foot / ankle injury

E Stevens - out for the season - hamstring strain

B Osborn - out for the season - hamstring strain and alleged head injury / concussion

R Norrington-Davies - out for the season - hamstring surgery

R Brewster - out for the season (confirmed) - hamstring surgery

Onto Cardiff, with Lowe fit I suspect the squad will be:

..............................Davies
..............Anel.........Egan......Robinson
....Baldock.............Doyle..................Lowe
.........Berge..........Ndiaye.......McAtee
...........................McBurnie

Subs: Dewhurst, Bogle, Basham, Norwood, Fleck, Sharp, Osula.

It's a decent looking bench if you're holding onto something, less so if you're chasing.
We miss having Jebbison available. Hopefully we see a lot more of him in the run-in.

Take care of Cardiff and I think promotion will be a formality.
Would absolutely love to win the next two so that we can celebrate promotion at Wembley.
West Brom and (particularly) Preston will pose a greater threat.

Cardiff aren't a great side, but they will pack the box, sit deep and go direct to hit us on the counter.
We should throw the kitchen sink at them early doors. If we get an early goal, you'd fancy us to pick them off then.

Interesting Hecky alludes to the fact RND might be back before the season ends.

Interesting Hecky alludes to the fact RND might be back before the season ends.

I just can't see it at first team level.

Realistically, we're not going to throw him in the deep end in the next couple of weeks.
He hasn't even returned to full training, never mind played any U23s games.

Thereafter, there will either be everything or nothing to play for.
Would you risk him in either of those scenarios given the stage we're at?

His missus has given birth, so as long as all went well (fingers crossed) he’ll be back soon.
We need to manage Anel’s game time.

Not just because he has a new family - GLTTL - but because of his bookings. We do not want to be starting next season with Anel at the start of or in the middle of a three match ban.

He’s on 12 bookings and we have 6 games left most likely, 7 if miracles happen.

For a bloke who has picked up 12 in 31, that’s a lot of games to avoid an extra three.

If he plays the next two and picks up no bookings then you might just be able to trust him to play the final four games. Even then if he got booked in two of them, you’d have to look at resting him with an eye on the future.

If he picked up bookings in the next two whilst hopefully winning(!), I’d either be inclined to take him out of the firing line or I’d be playing the long game and telling him to kick the ball away against West Brom and sit out the final three so he is available at the start of next season or for the Cup Final!

Not just because he has a new family - GLTTL - but because of his bookings. We do not want to be starting next season with Anel at the start of or in the middle of a three match ban.

For a bloke who has picked up 12 in 31, that’s a lot of games to avoid an extra three.

If he plays the next two and picks up no bookings then you might just be able to trust him to play the final four games. Even then if he got booked in two of them, you’d have to look at resting him with an eye on the future.

If he picked up bookings in the next two whilst hopefully winning(!), I’d either be inclined to take him out of the firing line or I’d be playing the long game and telling him to kick the ball away against West Brom and sit out the final three so he is available at the start of next season or for the Cup Final!
Feel a bit for him as the majority of his bookings are for next to nothing
Compare it to tge treatment mcburnie and ndiaye get from defenders for example

There is some confusion here do FA cup bookings count though are they not separate and count just in the cup ?
In which case its 5 games to avoid 3 bookings.

There is some confusion here do FA cup bookings count though are they not separate and count just in the cup ?
I think it’s separate as Egan was suspended for the FA cup game only when he received bookings in that competition. Strange though as the Tottenham game classed as one Heckys suspended games I think.

He hasn’t been booked in the FA Cup anyway, so whilst a good point, it won’t impact here. He has 12 in the league.

He hasn’t been booked in the FA Cup anyway, so whilst a good point, it won’t impact here. He has 12 in the league.
So he has only 5 games too avoid getting 3 bookings not 6 or 7 games.
Obviously providing that is the correct ruling.

Back
Top Bottom