Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Without wanting to push too much expectation on him, Osula looked better than Jebbison at the end of last season.

He’s looked sharp since returning from injury and if it is a sub role he’ll be playing I personally think he’s more suited to an impact role than Jebbo in that he really is quite a handful physicality. His time at Derby did him no harm.

Same age as Jebbo too, within a month. Quite looking forward to seeing him involved again.

If Ozzy is out, would like to see Coulibaly in the matchday squad too.

I don’t want to be going to Wembley with Berge, Norwood and Fleck without Coulibaly’s athleticism. I’d like to see him favoured over Fleck unless he’s somehow moved towards prime John rather than Jimmy!

I appreciate what you're saying re: Osula, but Jebbison took enormous strides with us this season, whilst Osula struggled for game time at League 1 Derby.
I don't think they're as close anymore.

That's not to say Osula doesn't have that potential, but he hasn't filled out like Jebbison and still looks too raw to have a similar sort of impact in the immediate future.

As expected, Brewster gone for the season.
It sounds like Norrington-Davies might have an outside chance of returning, though as per previous posts I would still be surprised given we're at the business end of the season.

Hamstring, season ending from October was it..

Come on ffs..
Depends on the nature of the injury. In severe cases, the muscle can tear or even separate from the pelvis or shinbone. When this happens, a small piece of bone can be pulled away from the main bone, known as an avulsion fracture. I would suggest RND & Brewster are possibly in that camp.

I don't think we are too bad at the moment to be honest.

Plenty of CBs and 2 fit RWBs

LWB remains a challenge, but we have Lowe and (gulp) Stevens, with Clark or JLT being able to drop in there too if necessary.

Midfield is fine.

Losing Jebbo is a blow, but Osula is fit again and can provide cover, plus we seem to have settled on playing 2 attacking mids behind 1 striker recently, so we might be ok with 3 fit strikers. (4 depending on how you class Ndiaye)

It would be lovely to get RND and Brewster back for the final few games though, but it seems highly unlikely. They don't seem anywhere near being ready.
Sorry cant agree with the ‘midfield is fine’ bit , we are likely to end up wi Berge , Norwood and Fleck in there at Wembley due to Hecks reluctance to try owt else . Cant see how we hope to compete in there with three who cant run, cant head , cant tackle ,dont score many and cant defend . Hope im wrong tho !

Sorry cant agree with the ‘midfield is fine’ bit , we are likely to end up wi Berge , Norwood and Fleck in there at Wembley due to Hecks reluctance to try owt else . Cant see how we hope to compete in there with three who cant run, cant head , cant tackle ,dont score many and cant defend . Hope im wrong tho !
I think most of us are concentrating on the league where we have Doyle and Macatee available

Depends on the nature of the injury. In severe cases, the muscle can tear or even separate from the pelvis or shinbone. When this happens, a small piece of bone can be pulled away from the main bone, known as an avulsion fracture. I would suggest RND & Brewster are possibly in that camp.

I had a bloke off sick from work with that, it was the lads arm, and it took over a year and he's still not 100%..

If its something like that I understand it, but this was through playing football, sort of a normal activity, hope its not something that will re occur..

He may be out of contract before he's fit again, just gotta face it that we' re really unlucky as a club...

I wasn't really factoring in the FA Cup, more about the remaining league fixtures. Other than Coulibaly though, I am not sure who else he could try in there against Man City, assuming Doyle and McAtee can't play.

I wasn't really factoring in the FA Cup, more about the remaining league fixtures. Other than Coulibaly though, I am not sure who else he could try in there against Man City, assuming Doyle and McAtee can't play.
Bogle ?

I appreciate what you're saying re: Osula, but Jebbison took enormous strides with us this season, whilst Osula struggled for game time at League 1 Derby.
I don't think they're as close anymore.

That's not to say Osula doesn't have that potential, but he hasn't filled out like Jebbison and still looks too raw to have a similar sort of impact in the immediate future.

As expected, Brewster gone for the season.
It sounds like Norrington-Davies might have an outside chance of returning, though as per previous posts I would still be surprised given we're at the business end of the season.

Hecky says he doesn't like to temp fate but saying Brewster just needs a break is really tempting fate. :(

I believe our expectations of players are sometimes a bit too harsh. As supporters we expect them to be fit, capable and available for selection.
We need to remember that they are all very different, and in many cases they are managing their own expectations quite differently.
Brewster has shown some evidence of his potential, weighted by a very high fee for a young player. RND is an academy graduate, who made it to first XI group.
Osula has taken a slightly different path to Jebbo, but again has potential.
Injuries and form come into it, and despite the decent financial rewards, none of them seem to be swinging the lead. Older players reaching the later stages of their shelf life are also viewed differently, based on their contributions in the past.
I’m guilty of this too, especially with players like Bash, Billy, Norwood, Fleck and Stevens. All getting to the latter stages of their career, just when Doyle and McAtee are not available for the FA Cup semi final, and injuries now compound Hecky’s selection dilemma.
If the older more experienced players are selected at league or cup level, which one can be relied on to make a stand out performance?
Which wing backs to pick. Who gets to start in the back 3. Will our midfield let us down?
Is one player waiting in the wings to prove a point? They all wish they could have the same impact as Ndiaye.

One thing is certain, they will all get a chance to prove their worth in the remaining league and cup games.
I favour a team with potential in the cup, and a few surprise picks to upset the opposition at league level. PH cannot afford to be predictable in any games we have left. That’s just asking for trouble.
While no player over 30 has a divine right to the shirt, I expect Norwood to turn up when picked, and a Hat trick from Billy in the Cup game against city.

Do not dismiss any player based on expectations like transfer fee, or their place in the academy pecking order.

I believe our expectations of players are sometimes a bit too harsh. As supporters we expect them to be fit, capable and available for selection.
We need to remember that they are all very different, and in many cases they are managing their own expectations quite differently.
Brewster has shown some evidence of his potential, weighted by a very high fee for a young player. RND is an academy graduate, who made it to first XI group.
Osula has taken a slightly different path to Jebbo, but again has potential.
Injuries and form come into it, and despite the decent financial rewards, none of them seem to be swinging the lead. Older players reaching the later stages of their shelf life are also viewed differently, based on their contributions in the past.
I’m guilty of this too, especially with players like Bash, Billy, Norwood, Fleck and Stevens. All getting to the latter stages of their career, just when Doyle and McAtee are not available for the FA Cup semi final, and injuries now compound Hecky’s selection dilemma.
If the older more experienced players are selected at league or cup level, which one can be relied on to make a stand out performance?
Which wing backs to pick. Who gets to start in the back 3. Will our midfield let us down?
Is one player waiting in the wings to prove a point? They all wish they could have the same impact as Ndiaye.

One thing is certain, they will all get a chance to prove their worth in the remaining league and cup games.
I favour a team with potential in the cup, and a few surprise picks to upset the opposition at league level. PH cannot afford to be predictable in any games we have left. That’s just asking for trouble.
While no player over 30 has a divine right to the shirt, I expect Norwood to turn up when picked, and a Hat trick from Billy in the Cup game against city.

Do not dismiss any player based on expectations like transfer fee, or their place in the academy pecking order.

In 3 years, Brewster has:

- made 27 PL appearances without scoring, and without looking anywhere near the required standard.

- played in 30 out of 83 Championship games (which we are told will now be 30 out of 92) scoring 4 times, in 2 wins and 2 defeats.

I don’t care what he cost. I do t think it’s unreasonable to expect better than that.

And as for the fee, if he hadn’t cost that much he’d have been dumped by now, like Burke, Robinson or even Zivkovic.

In 3 years, Brewster has:

- made 27 PL appearances without scoring, and without looking anywhere near the required standard.

- played in 30 out of 83 Championship games (which we are told will now be 30 out of 92) scoring 4 times, in 2 wins and 2 defeats.

I don’t care what he cost. I do t think it’s unreasonable to expect better than that.

And as for the fee, if he hadn’t cost that much he’d have been dumped by now, like Burke, Robinson or even Zivkovic.
Wow, that record nearly eclipses McBurnies early career as a blade!

Assuming we play a back 5 of Baldock, Anel, Egan, Robinson, Lowe, as Clark isn't looking like that much of an available option, then you have Bogle, Basham, Berge, Norwood, Coulibaly, Fleck to pick from to make some form of screen in front of them.

I would have legitimately played 6-3-1! But Clark isn't reliably available and Osborn seems to have KO'd himself.

Maybe it is 3-5-1-1 with a diamond in midfield so it's closer to 5-1-2-1-1 with Norwood at the base, Berge and either Coulibaly or Fleck either side and Ndiaye at the top of the diamond dropping deep frequently and McBurnie up top as na outlet.

Maybe you have 2 that sit, Berge and Norwood with perhaps Bogle and Ndiaye providing width and pace. You could even consider Basham and Norwood and Berge and Ndiaye wider.

Either way, let's not lose sleep over it. The chances of a win are limited...

Attachments

• IMG_20230401_203332.jpg
    IMG_20230401_203332.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 2
After all the trouble we've had with Brewster's injury's right from his arrival you would have thought Liverpool would have cut a bit of slack with the payments wouldn't you.
But now along with Everton's John Ebbrell, our first ever 1 million pound player, who was so badly injured when he came he only ever played half a match for us it's beginning to look more and more like Liverpool's other team has had the Clubs pant's down again..
Signing any expensive players from either of the Liverpool clubs is beginning to look like very bad news for our club ...... :tumbleweed:

After all the trouble we've had with Brewster's injury's right from his arrival you would have thought Liverpool would have cut a bit of slack with the payments wouldn't you.
But now along with Everton's John Ebbrell, our first ever 1 million pound player, who was so badly injured when he came he only ever played half a match for us it's beginning to look more and more like Liverpool's other team has had the Clubs pant's down again..
Signing any expensive players from either of the Liverpool clubs is beginning to look like very bad news for our club ...... :tumbleweed:

Who can we sign from Tranmere Rovers?

Been a while since I've had a proper look at the injury list.

Ciaran Clark has just totally disappeared, be nice if the local journalists asked about him.
Really hope Jebbison's is a short-term thing, think he could play a key role in breaking down stubborn sides at Bramall Lane. A great option to throw on and cause chaos.

Suspect the rest are done for the season.

Revised guesses below:

D Jebbison - foot / ankle injury

C Clark - unknown injury

B Osborn - out for the season - hamstring strain and alleged head injury

R Norrington-Davies - out for the season - hamstring surgery

R Brewster - out for the season (confirmed) - hamstring surgery

Ciaran Clark has just totally disappeared, be nice if the local journalists asked about him.
Really hope Jebbison's is a short-term thing, think he could play a key role in breaking down stubborn sides at Bramall Lane. A great option to throw on and cause chaos.

Revised guesses below:

C Clark - unknown injury

Was really hoping you were wrong about norrington Davies and to an extent brewster but I guess I was being overly optimistic
But wtf man ? Hamstring injury in October = season over

Reactions: HVR

Revised guesses below:

C Clark - unknown injury

Clark's been on the training videos mate. I think its just the case of not getting in the 18 like Stevens. Basham and Bogle taking the spaces up.

Back
Top Bottom