Incoming? INCOMINGS

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Due to the success of MGW it's clear to see that the board has decided that the Meh (and expensive) signings of Goode, Hourihane and Davies and the abject failure of Olsen can be glossed over and forgotten. As MGW was a success that is all that matters and so the 'transfer' policy is now loans because it was a magnificent success, with a possible left field free agent, if we are lucky. We have more wages to sign quality loan players, apparently, so rather than get our own players in and build a squad we are going to sign other teams players and, if young, develop them and give them back and if not take the surplus requirement and take them off the other teams wage bill and then give them back. Clearly not getting promoted was a ringing endorsement, for the board, of this policy and one we should pursue next season as it seems we are incapable of making a signing that costs a fee. If by some miracle we got promoted we would then be looking at the example of Florest and searching for any mutha fucker, who wont mind getting relegated on hefty wage, we can get because we have only half a side and then also need to replace all those aging players who weren't good enough the last time we were in the prem. I'm hoping that we have a number of quality signings lined up under the radar to make a difference but expect us to be watching players that would be excellent signings sign for other clubs because 'we need to wait for the Prem clubs to decide their squad for next season before we can sign them'. We were told we want to get business done early, not seen any evidence this is going to happen and I'm expecting it to be very quiet until the last week where we are scratching around for anyone we can get. I hope I'm proved wrong...

Due to the success of MGW it's clear to see that the board has decided that the Meh (and expensive) signings of Goode, Hourihane and Davies and the abject failure of Olsen can be glossed over and forgotten. As MGW was a success that is all that matters and so the 'transfer' policy is now loans because it was a magnificent success, with a possible left field free agent, if we are lucky. We have more wages to sign quality loan players, apparently, so rather than get our own players in and build a squad we are going to sign other teams players and, if young, develop them and give them back and if not take the surplus requirement and take them off the other teams wage bill and then give them back. Clearly not getting promoted was a ringing endorsement, for the board, of this policy and one we should pursue next season as it seems we are incapable of making a signing that costs a fee. If by some miracle we got promoted we would then be looking at the example of Florest and searching for any mutha fucker, who wont mind getting relegated on hefty wage, we can get because we have only half a side and then also need to replace all those aging players who weren't good enough the last time we were in the prem. I'm hoping that we have a number of quality signings lined up under the radar to make a difference but expect us to be watching players that would be excellent signings sign for other clubs because 'we need to wait for the Prem clubs to decide their squad for next season before we can sign them'. We were told we want to get business done early, not seen any evidence this is going to happen and I'm expecting it to be very quiet until the last week where we are scratching around for anyone we can get. I hope I'm proved wrong...
Whatever you do for a day job, don't give it up! 🤔

I don't think we will sign anyone of note, we don't have the cash.
I'm just hoping the lesser knowns we do sign turn out to be gems, Bassett and at the start of his stint wilder managed it, let's hope Hecky with his experience in the youth setup can manage the same. Exciting times 🙂

I don't think we will sign anyone of note, we don't have the cash.
I'm just hoping the lesser knowns we do sign turn out to be gems, Bassett and at the start of his stint wilder managed it, let's hope Hecky with his experience in the youth setup can manage the same. Exciting times 🙂
Our scouting and recruitment as has been said before needs to up its game.Players like Jed Wallace and Ivan Toney don't just appear in the scene as most wanted players all of a sudden,they have been around for years and available to clubs who want to spend a nominal fee and develop them,we are a development club so get on with it.Wallace could hardly get a game with Wolves in the EFL until Millwall saw potential and took him,Toney was kicking around on loan all over until Peterborough saw potential and took him these kind of players don't just dry up,they are there to be scouted and recruited to the clubs who are alive to the potential,this is the road we are on so we better start making a go of it and get these players identified and in,and spend a bit of money to do it instead of scrapping over frees and waiting until transfer deadline day for loans.

Our scouting and recruitment as has been said before needs to up its game.Players like Jed Wallace and Ivan Toney don't just appear in the scene as most wanted players all of a sudden,they have been around for years and available to clubs who want to spend a nominal fee and develop them,we are a development club so get on with it.Wallace could hardly get a game with Wolves in the EFL until Millwall saw potential and took him,Toney was kicking around on loan all over until Peterborough saw potential and took him these kind of players don't just dry up,they are there to be scouted and recruited to the clubs who are alive to the potential,this is the road we are on so we better start making a go of it and get these players identified and in,and spend a bit of money to do it instead of scrapping over frees and waiting until transfer deadline day for loans.
I think it showed how weak this department is for us last season, we clearly had a little bit of money yet we went for Olson, Hourhaine, Davies. Since League one days & then McGoldrick/ Egan in the championship have we signed a bargain since?

I agree with some of that but your views on Olsen and to a degree Hourihane smack a bit of hindsight. In particular Olsen was quite widely approved of on here when he first signed and Henderson previously not so much. we need to be careful not to rewrite history.

I think it showed how weak this department is for us last season, we clearly had a little bit of money yet we went for Olson, Hourhaine, Davies. Since League one days & then McGoldrick/ Egan in the championship have we signed a bargain since?

Sheffield United: Iliman Ndiaye on his big breakthrough moment and why  three Premier League clubs might now regret overlooking him | The Star

Wes would appear to be a good value for money signing since. But agree we’ve had noticeable decline in our ability to get value for money in recent years.

We are doing this though, just not at first team level at the moment. Look at the U23's and 18's and it's littered with players we've picked up from other clubs that we think we can develop. Off the top of my head you've got Osula, Peck, Lankshear, Lopata and others.

If one or two of these come off, and there's a chance at least one or two of those will be around the squad this season, it's worth that time and patience.

Just need to do it at first team level now.

I am certain we will add players to the squad before the season starts..

i am also pretty confident that the starting 11 for day one of the season are already here and were here last season.

It's worth taking a step back, removing any pressure/anxiety you feel about transfer window and it's importance.... Most teams in the Championship would be absolutely delighted if they signed almost anyone from our first team squad.

We just finished 5th after pretty much forfeiting the first few months of the season.

As much as MGW played a big role, he didn't do it single handedly.

Wes would appear to be a good value for money signing since. But agree we’ve had noticeable decline in our ability to get value for money in recent years.

That's because the big clubs snap them up first, it's a problem in football that's been well documented

That's because the big clubs snap them up first, it's a problem in football that's been well documented
They do but I don’t think the landscape has particularly changed since our time in the championship under wilder.

Wes seems to have been a decent outlay?

What did we pay for Lowe and Bogle? Seeing how Bogle and Lowe performed under the right managers suggests the fee we paid for both may be a very shrewd bit of business.

However, I also agree with others that our loan market activity was overall a failure. Loans should either be solutions to cover for short term injuries to the main squad…or absolute ballers to add such quality they bring the end result required…ie Promotion in this case.
MGW obviously added a lot towards that, but sadly none of the others did.

Wes seems to have been a decent outlay?

What did we pay for Lowe and Bogle? Seeing how Bogle and Lowe performed under the right managers suggests the fee we paid for both may be a very shrewd bit of business.

However, I also agree with others that our loan market activity was overall a failure. Loans should either be solutions to cover for short term injuries to the main squad…or absolute ballers to add such quality they bring the end result required…ie Promotion in this case.
MGW obviously added a lot towards that, but sadly none of the others did.
100% Wes was one I forgot. Hopefully Bogle & Lowe push on from their performances last season.

I think you are spot on there mate. Papering over the cracks seems to be the order of the day. Good job we had the best gates in the Championship last year God knows what would have happened if we had to survive on average gates. Even the pigs seem to get their targets and look what state they are in.

We are doing this though, just not at first team level at the moment. Look at the U23's and 18's and it's littered with players we've picked up from other clubs that we think we can develop. Off the top of my head you've got Osula, Peck, Lankshear, Lopata and others.

If one or two of these come off, and there's a chance at least one or two of those will be around the squad this season, it's worth that time and patience.

Just need to do it at first team level now.
Really hope you are right mate because we don't even shop at Aldi now . Just hope you are correct and we keep them .

I am certain we will add players to the squad before the season starts..

i am also pretty confident that the starting 11 for day one of the season are already here and were here last season.
Oh dear .....

God I despair at some of our fan base at times 🤔

Our scouting and recruitment team is exactly the same as when CW was here.

Also re Ivan Toney. I'm quite sure every man and his dog knows he would've been an absolute steal at £5m from Peterborough when they were in L1 but here's the kicker. CW had Toney on loan at Northampton and when he went from P'Boro to Brentford we were in The Prem and Brentford were in The Champ. Maybe, just maybe, after seeing him up close CW didn't think he was ready to go from L1 to The Prem in one swoop.

I think you are spot on there mate. Papering over the cracks seems to be the order of the day. Good job we had the best gates in the Championship last year God knows what would have happened if we had to survive on average gates. Even the pigs seem to get their targets and look what state they are in.

Seriously?

The Unclean have just signed Ben Heneghan. The same player that played exactly 0 league games for us as he was bought and he realised how shite he actually was AND we were in the same league as the porkers are in now at the time.

Our scouting and recruitment team is exactly the same as when CW was here.

Also re Ivan Toney. I'm quite sure every man and his dog knows he would've been an absolute steal at £5m from Peterborough when they were in L1 but here's the kicker. CW had Toney on loan at Northampton and when he went from P'Boro to Brentford we were in The Prem and Brentford were in The Champ. Maybe, just maybe, after seeing him up close CW didn't think he was ready to go from L1 to The Prem in one swoop.
And so we bought.....and the rest is history,the scouting and recruitment team news to up their game.

Ticket revenue is far from the biggest income at the club. Be interesting to see the accounts for season just finished (or digout 18-19). But in the Premier League, our gate money was a very small fraction of income.

Seriously?

The Unclean have just signed Ben Heneghan. The same player that played exactly 0 league games for us as he was bought and he realised how shite he actually was AND we were in the same league as the porkers are in now at the time.
Why did we buy a shite player then?

Josh Laurent off to Stoke so that's another we can chalk off the list.

Just curious who we are in for.

We aren't in for the likes of Swift, Wallace. Apparently we won't want to pay inflated wages and big signing on fee.

So up and comers from below? We aren't in for Scott Twine either as we probably don't want to pay a fee.

It seems Cameron Archer linked with Boro on loan.

So who are we going to be getting?

Not one to panic at all but letting others pick up these types of players isn't going to leave you with the pick of the bunch, unless we are waiting on who gets left out of the PL 25s in the view this will give us some superb bargains of very talented players.

Back
Top Bottom