CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The question is whether we take a relatively low offer in summer or allow him to go for free. I suspect it will depend on where that offer comes from. If it's from a decent Premier League club he'll want to go.

If the lad has a year left on low wages then we play hard ball with him.
He should have some gratitude for the club that has effectively put him on the map, and would like to think that the manager could be the one to get him to realise that the club and he is well aware he is likely to become too big for us, and that we have no intention of hindering his rise and development.

So rather than us keep him til end of contract and pay him very little in comparison to others then lose him he could sign a lucrative deal with us whereby he’s paid very well next season and if we go down he can go on a release clause that is relatively low but more than what we would expect in compo from him leaving on a free to another UK club.
Stay up then he can look for a transfer as long as someone meets a larger release fee.

By refusing to do that he also leaves himself vulnerable to injury- a bad one and the doubts on him are there and reduces what other clubs might be prepared to gamble on him. Career ending and he’s properly screwed!
Add to that where he may end up going- if it’s Arsenal/City/Liverpool then yes of course he will jump to go there but will he be playing for them? I’ve seen other clubs mentioned like Everton…where yes he will be paid well but the club is a basket case! Other prem sides where he may play could easily be as much of a risk of relegation as we are!

So surely whoever is advising him needs to think very carefully, because if I were the CEO of United I wouldn’t be letting him go in the summer unless the offers received were meeting a valuation similar to what it would be if he was in a long term contract. And for me that fee is around the figure Forest paid for MGW. If he goes on strike he harms himself, though he doesn’t seem that kind of character.

Huge summer for him and United ahead

Romano is obviously connected but he’s wrong almost as often as he’s right.

Berge out was a done deal last summer according to him and his sources.

He just waited for the window to shut before deleting all the moves he was wrong about.

Everton 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 . Those twats will be playing Championship footy next season.

*****To avoid angering the gods, so might we, so would be a sideways move if so.

Romano is obviously connected but he’s wrong almost as often as he’s right.

Berge out was a done deal last summer according to him and his sources.

He just waited for the window to shut before deleting all the moves he was wrong about.
Exactly that, and everyone goes on about how he’s never wrong. But the “Kone is off to Sheffield United because Sander Berge is going to Club Brugge. Done” is a massive reason why my trust on him has gone down

I would imagine, like other established players at the club that we have the option of an extra year on Ndiaye, meaning he's with us until Summer 2025?

Hopefully this is just standard practice for your itk journalists in the run up to the transfer window. Like warming up a leftover takeaway to tide them over, they reheat any the transfer rumours that just fizzled out a last time.

The Everton reference certainly feels a bit like that. That's what I'm telling myself as I rock back and forth anyway.

I know I'm completely biased but I really think it would benefit him to do a season with us in the Prem.

He would be in a familiar environment, with familiar teammates and he would be the main man and really have an opportunity to show what he can do on the biggest stage.

If he goes off to a Newcastle or Everton and doesn't hit the ground running, he'll become a bit part player or impact sub and it could set him back in his career. True that he'll have a nice pay bump, but he could do even better if he sticks with us for a bit - might get a move to an elite team like Man City. It's worked well for Grealish after he decided to stay at Villa for a few seasons. I think something similar could happen to MGW now that he's proved himself at a Forest and become the main man.

If NDiaye sticks with us for a season, he'll be given license to play in a free role and express himself how he pleases. The established teams won't give him the same opportunity or patience.

I just want one more season of him - get to see him playing for United in the Prem - then he can go for me. If we get nothing for him, it's not end of the world. We didn't pay anything for him either.
I think financially receiving nothing for a player that has a current value of £20m is a big loss to a club that clearly has had financial issues. I appreciate the counterargument that if we stay up it's worth more than that amount, but we're unlikely to stay up with or without N'diaye.

Look at Sancho, I guess even though City are loaded there must be frustration that they received nothing for a player that went on to sell for £80m (Pogba the same for Man Utd - albeit they were the team that ended up paying that big fee to get him back 😂 )

The best outcome for me is that he signs a 2-year deal giving him a huge pay raise with a buy-out clause for another team to take him for £20-25m. He might only play until January for us on this new deal but it would help him establish himself as a regular premier league player.

I think financially receiving nothing for a player that has a current value of £20m is a big loss to a club that clearly has had financial issues. I appreciate the counterargument that if we stay up it's worth more than that amount, but we're unlikely to stay up with or without N'diaye.

Look at Sancho, I guess even though City are loaded there must be frustration that they received nothing for a player that went on to sell for £80m (Pogba the same for Man Utd - albeit they were the team that ended up paying that big fee to get him back 😂 )

The best outcome for me is that he signs a 2-year deal giving him a huge pay raise with a buy-out clause for another team to take him for £20-25m. He might only play until January for us on this new deal but it would help him establish himself as a regular premier league player.
Dortmund paid £8m for Sancho at the age of 17. City insisted on add-ons and a sell-on percentage so I would imagine they did quite alright out of his transfer to Man U.

Dortmund paid £8m for Sancho at the age of 17. City insisted on add-ons and a sell-on percentage so I would imagine they did quite alright out of his transfer to Man U.
You get the gist of what I’m getting at. With a year left on Ndiayes deal & his decision not to sign we’ll be looking at a similar deal with hopefully a much higher fee.

Got to be matter of fact about this.

Let's see if we can get him on a new deal. I don't think it's entirely out of the question.

If not weigh up offers this summer.

I really hope we can sign him up. Even if that means a few clauses.

I would want Ndiaye to sign a long term contract with us and insert a decent release clause and sell on fee.

It's the least that he can do for us 😁

We are completely reliant on some kind of goodwill and bond between Ndiaye and the club as to whether he signs a new contract or not. He's obviously enjoyed this season but he's ambitious and will want to progress as quickly as is possible. We can't compete with any potential suitors financially unless as they can offer him more than we can. Emotion and loyalty are the 2 things we need to hope for.

Cast your minds back one season and we were fucking him about and not playing him until he signed his current contract, he won't have forget about this.

I
If the lad has a year left on low wages then we play hard ball with him.
He should have some gratitude for the club that has effectively put him on the map, and would like to think that the manager could be the one to get him to realise that the club and he is well aware he is likely to become too big for us, and that we have no intention of hindering his rise and development.

So rather than us keep him til end of contract and pay him very little in comparison to others then lose him he could sign a lucrative deal with us whereby he’s paid very well next season and if we go down he can go on a release clause that is relatively low but more than what we would expect in compo from him leaving on a free to another UK club.
Stay up then he can look for a transfer as long as someone meets a larger release fee.

By refusing to do that he also leaves himself vulnerable to injury- a bad one and the doubts on him are there and reduces what other clubs might be prepared to gamble on him. Career ending and he’s properly screwed!
Add to that where he may end up going- if it’s Arsenal/City/Liverpool then yes of course he will jump to go there but will he be playing for them? I’ve seen other clubs mentioned like Everton…where yes he will be paid well but the club is a basket case! Other prem sides where he may play could easily be as much of a risk of relegation as we are!

So surely whoever is advising him needs to think very carefully, because if I were the CEO of United I wouldn’t be letting him go in the summer unless the offers received were meeting a valuation similar to what it would be if he was in a long term contract. And for me that fee is around the figure Forest paid for MGW. If he goes on strike he harms himself, though he doesn’t seem that kind of character.

Huge summer for him and United ahead
Hope we get another year out of him and then if he leaves and stays in the premiership Newcastle seems a perfect fit for him imo

We are completely reliant on some kind of goodwill and bond between Ndiaye and the club as to whether he signs a new contract or not. He's obviously enjoyed this season but he's ambitious and will want to progress as quickly as is possible. We can't compete with any potential suitors financially unless as they can offer him more than we can. Emotion and loyalty are the 2 things we need to hope for.

Cast your minds back one season and we were fucking him about and not playing him until he signed his current contract, he won't have forget about this.
There is a very good reason we wouldn’t play him until he signed the contract
That was clear to see against Peterborough that day

I think Ndiaye goes this summer. Its not in his interest to play another season with us, the City game will have been an eye opener, and if his advisors are doing their job they will be telling him he needs to be at a club where he is going to get on the ball. Don't think he's ready for a (Premier League) champions league team step up yet, he has the talent, but will probably spend a lot of time on the bench if he does that.

The good news is I think that even with the 1 year contract we should get a decent price for him. There should be enough interest in him for his price to determined by demand rather than his waning contract (i.e. yes, teams could suggest a lower price with the alternative being picking him up free in 2024, but with a lot of interest in his purchase this summer that isn't a realistic possibility - with enough bidders the market should find close to his true value compared to similar players available for purchase this summer).

I

Hope we get another year out of him and then if he leaves and stays in the premiership Newcastle seems a perfect fit for him imo
Yes ,in my opinion we need to break our bollocks to keep him , make him the best offer possible cus we certainly wont be able to afford to buy anyone as good , unless we get very lucky. He sure frustrates at times and his forms dipped a bit lately ,but that lad has carried our attack and run his blood to watter in many matches ,his refuse to be beat attitude must have inspired his team mates all season. Its quite a while since i enjoyed watching one of our players so much for the sheer entertainment value

Frustrating thing is, no matter how ambitious he is all these reports seem to infer it's his agent who is pushing for any move as per.

He does appear happy when he's playing and on all the pictures and videos. He's worshipped at United and you can't help but think if he didn't have some parasite agent whispering in his ear he may be convinced to stay a bit longer if we made it worth his while.

I don't expect him to stay his entire career but if hed stay one more year with us on a new contract and big salary increase I don't think anyone would begrudge him going next summer regardless of what league we're in.

And he wants to go to a bigger club than Everton. That boat floated when they gave him a big sell last transfer window

If rumours are to be believed and he is likely to leave then so be it. All we can do is get the best fee this summer, probably circa £20m given last year of contract, maybe with add ons we can push towards £25m, and then replace him with someone who can hit the ground running next season. That's the difficult part though! We'll struggle to find a like for like replacement within our price range, because his type is quite unique, certainly in our price bracket!

Back
Top Bottom