CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bad advice, we were going to make the pin up boy of the club , his dad , agent and Prob his wife wanted him to go to Marseille and Marseille themselves put pressure on him saying if you don’t come now you never will !
But hey he’s richer now !

Not sure about any signing-on fee but salary wise, he would have been better off signing the contract with Utd

I've watched pretty much every game he has played so far this season, they have used him all over the place, last game he was used on the right of midfield/rw, looked like a lost little boy

He wasn't closing down like usual, and everytime he received the ball played it inside or backwards, his confidence is completely shot

I've watched pretty much every game he has played so far this season, they have used him all over the place, last game he was used on the right of midfield/rw, looked like a lost little boy

He wasn't closing down like usual, and everytime he received the ball played it inside or backwards, his confidence is completely shot
This is the problem that Wilder had when he was being pressured into giving IIiman his chance in the first team,how do you accommodate a talented free spirit in the premier league within the structure of a team that will need to fight for every point to stay up.
There is no guarantee that he would have been a success at the top level,but i for one would have loved to have seen him in a blades shirt this season playing with his special talent and the freedom to entertain.I have a feeling he would have been a great success.

This is the problem that Wilder had when he was being pressured into giving IIiman his chance in the first team,how do you accommodate a talented free spirit in the premier league within the structure of a team that will need to fight for every point to stay up.
There is no guarantee that he would have been a success at the top level,but i for one would have loved to have seen him in a blades shirt this season playing with his special talent and the freedom to entertain.I have a feeling he would have been a great success.
In answer to your question - you buy Doyle, reloan McAtee, tell everyone to defend for their lives and when they get the ball give it to Iliman.

So far it's playing out as a decision that has harmed his career at a very important point of it. Was ready to burst onto the scene in the most watched league in the world as the face of a club and its most exciting player by miles. Is instead plugging away with reduced minutes and in all sorts of positions, in a league few people outside France really care for. I would hope he feels like he has made a mistake not for schadenfreude on his part but because I want him to do well and correct the course. It took Billy three attempts to make it work at United and he wasn't afraid to leave us twice, let's not forget.

Above all else I've got quite a strong dislike for the people at Marseilles who organised this transfer. I think they're pieces of shit for bringing emotions into a massively important decision in a young man's life and career. If Iliman gets sidelined by them and goes out of favour at his beloved boyhood club I would hope he sees them for what they really are.

If he chooses to return he needs to do it before the club is sold, the prince is a huge fan of Iliman whereby he was willing to do almost anything for him (however I'm not sure inviting him to a private meeting was the best idea!)

He's played plenty there. The manager left. They've hired Gattuso who's an absolute mentalist. They're mid table.

There's probably no real suggestion he's leaving.

But please come back Iliman 🫵✍️🙏🙏🙏

Very sad to see.
However people have short memories. He completely ruined our pre season prep with his last minute change of heart. Granted with some emotional shit housing from OM.

And then people think PA will ride in to save the day in Jan?
Why not? Sometimes you have to swallow your pride. If - IF - there was a chance to get him back in January, Princey-boy would be an absolute fool to be still chewing on that piece of nark.

I imagine they are not playing to his strengths. I've no doubt that he's a quality player but any player in the wrong system won't be as effective as they could be. Some can still shine though.

As said, we should be keeping tabs on him in case they do want to change. Haven't we got first refusal anyway as part of the deal?
Agree with this.

We’re guilty of this way too often, buying players who have shone at different clubs in a certain position then we play them in a different role or position and wonder why they don’t look the same player we thought we’d bought.

I doubt he's got too many regrets. Marseille are a bigger club, presumably pay him much more money and they'll still probably finish top 6. It's not like he won't be able to find an English club if they want to sell him either. He'll be fine.
The contract we offered him was more than what he’s on at Marseille- he didn’t go for the money.

He broke my fucking heart that's all I know 👬👨‍❤️‍👨💔

and my son won't wear his illy Utd Shirt anymore cost me £55 ffs .

He ends up at the scabs I am done with footie ! Rather see him in the blue and white o_O
There’s been rumours since last summer about them being interested plus they sign anyone going anyway. Gibbs white being there also doesn’t help. Just my thoughts anyway and I really hope I am wrong.

I don't know whether we would be doing that much better, had he stayed, but I am fairly sure he would be happier.

Tragic really.

I fell in love with Tony Currie in 1970. He came back playing for Leeds and scored against us which pissed me off no end.
Decades later, I fell in love with Illiman Ndiaye, as he was the best I'd seen in our stripes since. He fucked off as well.
There is a moral in this tale.

Back
Top Bottom