I trust him absolutely

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t kid yourself.

The bloke has made some howlers in the transfer market.

HOWEVER.

His 2 year tenure has seen us rise from 3rd tier also rans to genuine top half championship contenders.

Which more than compensated for the howlers.

Big big window for us this.

Maybe even mahusive :);)

UTB

It's something of a dilemna for all of the McCabe haters . For them to make the claim that Brooks has been sold over the wishes of Wilder they have to concede that if Wilder makes a statement to the contrary then he is by definition a liar .

This could get interesting :)

If the Prince takes over McCabe will get the blame anyway.

Spurs not come in with a late £20m bid yet?

You have no proof either. Returning to the past us no proof of what's happening now. If you were on jury duty in a murder case, and had doubts about his guilt would you take into account the fact that the accused hadn't killed anyone 30/40/50 years ago ? I.e. He hadnt killed anyone then so he won't have now?

The only thing the club has to do to quell the shitstorm is to state that Brooks wanted to leave. This will be of no detriment towards the club whatsoever. If a statement to this effect is not issued upon completion of the sale then you have to doubt the sincerity of the club once again.

Maybe it was a perfect storm waiting to happen.
Young & talented player with bags of potential though so far not fully proven. International football call ups with someone like Giggs making a noise about him. A Blades manager who wants players who want to be here. A new agent with a seeming reputation for generating big money moves. A club never shy of selling talent and not flush with cash for the big push. A need to grow the squad in a few positions with a limited budget. A young man with serious, life changing money being dangled in front of his eyes. A good English manager at a club looking to consolidate as a Premiership side.
Assuming it goes through, am I sad to see him go? Of course. I'd have loved to see him set the Lane alight this season.
Is £12million a reasonable amount? Record for the Blades and with a sell on clause & loan back all being bandied about, I think it's tempting money that was always gonna turn heads.
Do we need to re-invest it all? Yes & I hope Wilder spends it wisely. I'm still looking forward to us pushing on this season.
Yes a season long loan now you’re talking feel better already

Rather than listen to some of what Wilder has said, perhaps pay attention to his very word. Wilder mentioned a far bigger picture, one that most of us are unaware of, so with this in mind perhaps some of us should take a deep breath before suggesting that CW has said this, that, or whatever. Taking CW's words to suit a specific agenda isn't helpful, and why some posters consider this either helpful or accurate baffles me.

The next few weeks should tell all of us exactly what's happening, players will arrive, hopefully good ones, and the overall look of the squad should improve.....at least that would be Wilder's aim, wouldn't it?

Yes Wilder's got far more right than wrong and we're lucky to have him, but I'm sick of hearing this 'in Wilder we trust' stuff to be honest. It's a blanket response to any possible issue and the reality is that he's made plenty of mistakes recently, this decision (if it is his decision) to accept this bid for Brooks at this stage being one of them in my opinion. He signed Wilson in January, remember? And spent a year chasing Holmes and Leonard only to not use them. Yes I know the budget hindered him but he's shown that he isn't infallible.

We just have to hope that he's given the money to reinvest, and that he does so wisely. But it's far from straightforward for us to come out of this sale stronger.

You heretic!

Don’t kid yourself.

The bloke has made some howlers in the transfer market.

HOWEVER.

His 2 year tenure has seen us rise from 3rd tier also rans to genuine top half championship contenders.

Which more than compensated for the howlers.

Big big window for us this.

Maybe even mahusive :);)

UTB

Howlers? Give over.

Dean Hammond = howler
Connor Sammon = howler
Lee Hendrie = howler

Wilder is forced to gamble by virtue of his low budget, so players like Hussey were simply that. Never howlers in a million years.

People aren’t kidding themselves about Wilder - they just know the odds of us finding better are astronomical, and we need to be realistic about what’s possible.

Howlers? Give over.

Dean Hammond = howler
Connor Sammon = howler
Lee Hendrie = howler

Wilder is forced to gamble by virtue of his low budget, so players like Hussey were simply that. Never howlers in a million years.

People aren’t kidding themselves about Wilder - they just know the odds of us finding better are astronomical, and we need to be realistic about what’s possible.
James Wilson was a howler. An expensive one. Out of the public domain, Wilder would concede this.

There are others ;)

UTB

No amount of yapping by the annoying little terriers will change the facts or the outcome. The sooner you accept that shit happens, the better.
However, if Wilder isn't allowed to take advantage of the windfall then there really will be something to moan about !

" if Wilder isn't allowed to take advantage of the windfall then there really will be something to moan about !" But wouldn't that be "yapping" like an "annoying little terrier" about something you can do nothing about?

The indications are that it was CW's decision to sell Brooks based on his desire to leave

It has always been intimated that CW has the final say on who comes and on who goes. Bearing that in mind and if correct obviously, then McCabe cannot be held responsible on this occasion

CW has always maintained that if a player does no longer wish to represent this club and the price is right, he will sell them

On that basis, I am with Blademark. In CW we trust

I know you posted this before the latest Wilder RS interview,but he seems to me to be biting his tongue almost party political style he could have even been whipped,he's keeping stum until after the official club news release.

He will be annoyed but i dont think he wants give anyone a story in the media about what he really feels about Brooks going,at the moment its just how life is for us.

The indications are that it was CW's decision to sell Brooks based on his desire to leave

It has always been intimated that CW has the final say on who comes and on who goes. Bearing that in mind and if correct obviously, then McCabe cannot be held responsible on this occasion

CW has always maintained that if a player does no longer wish to represent this club and the price is right, he will sell them

On that basis, I am with Blademark. In CW we trust
Me too B58, so when he said we still won’t be able to go toe to toe financially with 14 maybe 15 Championship clubs in his latest interview I trust that he’d not factored in the Brooks money or was just playing his cards close to his chest.

James Wilson was a howler. An expensive one. Out of the public domain, Wilder would concede this.

There are others ;)

UTB

You think James Wilson and “others” on are on a level with the three I’ve mentioned in terms of their cost/benefit?

Or do you have a word a thousand times stronger than “howler” to use for those buggers?

Me too B58, so when he said we still won’t be able to go toe to toe financially with 14 maybe 15 Championship clubs in his latest interview I trust that he’d not factored in the Brooks money or was just playing his cards close to his chest.
With bids going in for players (hopefully!), it wouldn’t be the cleverest move to suggest that your overall budget is higher than 15th or 16th in the championship.

Is 15th or 16th still mid table as claimed when CW signed his new deal?

With bids going in for players (hopefully!), it wouldn’t be the cleverest move to suggest that your overall budget is higher than 15th or 16th in the championship.

Is 15th or 16th still mid table as claimed when CW signed his new deal?

It'd be an even better idea to have the incomings ready to go, before the outgoings.

I know you posted this before the latest Wilder RS interview,but he seems to me to be biting his tongue almost party political style he could have even been whipped,he's keeping stum until after the official club news release.

He will be annoyed but i dont think he wants give anyone a story in the media about what he really feels about Brooks going,at the moment its just how life is for us.

Who is the real Chris Wilder?

The one who bites his lip?

Or

The one who will, on principle, walk from the Club?

It's hard to tell sometimes on here.

In short, he's lying.

Okay.

Just remember one thing before saying anything................20180628_200305.jpg

To restore faith amongst the fans CW needs to explain the circumstances surrounding Brooks' sale. There's too many on here taking the convenient route by saying his agent turned him and he went for the money despite there being no evidence to support this. More than likely United saw the dollar signs and cashed in as they usually do. The jury's out on him for me, Wilder has a duty to clarify this, he's got nothing to lose by doing so unless it was the latter case.

I think he's done that. Brookes changed agent, say no more.

Agents bank account just grew immensely, Brooks chance of regular first team football just shrank immensley

Until Chris Wilder proves that he's not the man I thought he was, he has my absolute trust to make the right decision. He can even make a mistake, because I know he will have made it with the right intentions.
I have never, ever, been able to say that about a Blades Manager before.
I have. I said it about John Nicholson but that was a long time ago.

If that was the case I`m pretty sure it was merely tactical.
The issue wasn't anything to do with his own contract, it was about direction and budget, in the wake of the ownership battle. His extended contract was merely an added bonus.

You think James Wilson and “others” on are on a level with the three I’ve mentioned in terms of their cost/benefit?

Or do you have a word a thousand times stronger than “howler” to use for those buggers?
Absolute Howler ????

All three you mention worthy of said title.

I might be in a club of 1, but I could throw in Henegan, Lavery, Hanson, Thomas, Ched (?), Holmes, etc. Etc.

It’s somewhat an irrelevance.

But the point I was wanting to make is that Wilder makes mistakes. We all do.

Let’s not put him on a pedestal. It’s a dangerous place to be in football ;)

UTB

The issue wasn't anything to do with his own contract, it was about direction and budget, in the wake of the ownership battle. His extended contract was merely an added bonus.
I never said it was anything to do with his contract.

Yes Wilder's got far more right than wrong and we're lucky to have him, but I'm sick of hearing this 'in Wilder we trust' stuff to be honest. It's a blanket response to any possible issue and the reality is that he's made plenty of mistakes recently, this decision (if it is his decision) to accept this bid for Brooks at this stage being one of them in my opinion. He signed Wilson in January, remember? And spent a year chasing Holmes and Leonard only to not use them. Yes I know the budget hindered him but he's shown that he isn't infallible.

We just have to hope that he's given the money to reinvest, and that he does so wisely. But it's far from straightforward for us to come out of this sale stronger.

Far and away the best post I've seen on this topic in all it's various forms , with Snooty's # 16 being a close second.

96E3811C-80C3-4014-8DF2-51C5C0F05D6C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom