Hull fans protesting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Apart from the fact that the chants began after the initial mini pitch invasion according to him.

City fans charged down the East Stand to try and get on the pitch only to prevented by the police and stewards

Where did I mention any of those things and say this is equal?

By saying we shouldn't mock their association with a finance company you are implying that this is in the same category as the others.

City fans charged down the East Stand to try and get on the pitch only to prevented by the police and stewards

Or the full paragraph

Five minutes in and the game had to be stopped for a mini pitch invasion as City fans charged down the East Stand to try and get on the pitch only to prevented by the police and stewards who were out-numbered but did their best to keep everyone off the pitch.

Clearly not reason enough for Blades to mock them with their hateful chants?

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/s...ews/coventry-city-1-sheffield-united-12329430

Or the full paragraph

Five minutes in and the game had to be stopped for a mini pitch invasion as City fans charged down the East Stand to try and get on the pitch only to prevented by the police and stewards who were out-numbered but did their best to keep everyone off the pitch.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/s...ews/coventry-city-1-sheffield-united-12329430

Can everyone stop shouting please, I've got a headache.

Or the full paragraph

Ah, you’re right - the one guy who ran on. I thought you meant the mass invasion near the end - the proper disruption

Surely there's a thread on here where posters showed off their pro SISU songs and chants to see the reaction of the Coventry fans, our well known major rivals?

Bold means forcefully SF. :) As
Ah, you’re right - the one guy who ran on. I thought you meant the mass invasion near the end - the proper disruption

It reads differently when the whole paragraph is posted though.

There was an intended pitch invasion, you refer to it, possibly why Blades took the Mick. Which is what it was, rather than some sort of hate crime. Not the best swerve you've ever tried.

It still stopped the game though so it was effective and 'proper' in most people's mind.

Do Johnston Press have a scale of disruption from 'crap' to 'proper' then?

It still stopped the game though so it was effective and 'proper' in most people's mind.

Do Johnston Press have a scale of disruption from 'crap' to 'proper' then?

No idea. Do your employers?

Good luck to them I say. Think of how bad things felt during the Adkins era etc and at least the club wasn’t in real danger of folding and no owners were trying to take it away. Same with Coventry - chanting support of Sisu bang out of order, and I remember saying so at the time. Mocking a dying club stuck in the craw a little - there but for the grace of God and all that

I'm sorry I really can't feel sorry for Ull fans. Even though I work in Ull. Their natural position is div3/4 and the odd appearance in Div2 if a team clicks. They then get a free stadium out of no-where (because they are an anomaly and have white phone boxes) and go up to the prem on the back of the initial plastic increase of fans (some of my friends in Ull bought a season pass for the first time) they screw that up (due to the low fan base) and go weeks from not just administration but liquidation when Allam steps in (thinking he has bought the club and the stadium) but saving Ull all the same. He gets them to the Prem as a sugar daddy. So all these fans complaining think that Ull is a prem team now. They are not a natural prem team and never have been., They are going back to their natural position where they are Div3/4 walking around with blankets now and again to keep the club afloat and now and again having a bit of time in Div2. York City were bigger than them before Ull got their free stadium, to demonstrate where they really lie.

Unlike larger teams Ull have no conurbation it's just Ull nothing to the North, East or West until you get to Selby (most of who support Leeds) they have more Rugby League followers than football unlike any other "large" centre so their fan base won't increase or has the potential to increase. So let them demonstrate but frankly Ull were a better club when they were at Boothferry and I had some respect for them then. I even used to go and watch them at Boothferry when they had a game and the Blades didn't.

I'm sorry I really can't feel sorry for Ull fans. Even though I work in Ull. Their natural position is div3/4 and the odd appearance in Div2 if a team clicks. They then get a free stadium out of no-where (because they are an anomaly and have white phone boxes) and go up to the prem on the back of the initial plastic increase of fans (some of my friends in Ull bought a season pass for the first time) they screw that up (due to the low fan base) and go weeks from not just administration but liquidation when Allam steps in (thinking he has bought the club and the stadium) but saving Ull all the same. He gets them to the Prem as a sugar daddy. So all these fans complaining think that Ull is a prem team now. They are not a natural prem team and never have been., They are going back to their natural position where they are Div3/4 walking around with blankets now and again to keep the club afloat and now and again having a bit of time in Div2. York City were bigger than them before Ull got their free stadium, to demonstrate where they really lie.

Unlike larger teams Ull have no conurbation it's just Ull nothing to the North, East or West until you get to Selby (most of who support Leeds) they have more Rugby League followers than football unlike any other "large" centre so their fan base won't increase or has the potential to increase. So let them demonstrate but frankly Ull were a better club when they were at Boothferry and I had some respect for them then. I even used to go and watch them at Boothferry when they had a game and the Blades didn't.

I still hear a grudge against them for the antics of Ken Knighton

Hull fans saying they should be in the PL is the same as Swindon or Notts County fans saying it.

No idea. Do your employers?

Not at the moment but as I'm a director of the company I work for, I could make one.

Do you think it would help me understand the pain and the suffering that the football family in Coventry suffered by our heinous behaviour?

#No_man_is_an_island

#One_man_isn't_a_proper_pitch_invasion

Not at the moment but as I'm a director of the company I work for, I could make one.

Do you think it would help me understand the pain and the suffering that the football family in Coventry suffered by our heinous behaviour?

#No_man_is_an_island

#One_man_isn't_a_proper_pitch_invasion

Fantastic, well done mate!

Great comeback!

#prayforSimon

It wasn’t a comeback my good friend. Any director of a company deserves to crow about it on a forum. Far beyond anything I’ll do in my life and career, so fair play!

Any director of a company deserves to crow about it on a forum

You were the one that asked about my employer.

It is a small company with me and two part timers. I won't be troubling Mossack Fonseca any time soon, to help tuck away my billions.

Far beyond anything I’ll do in my life and career, so fair play!

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Pinchy seems to count you as a friend so despite the shame and humiliation of working for the Star, it's not all bad.

Back
Top Bottom